Endtroducing is a good album

Endtroducing is a good album.

*blocks your path*

The Hard Sell (Encore) is better.

But then Lucas has always carried Josh.

affirmatve

i think it’s still undervalued too

What is the point in listening to instrumental hip hop/plunderphonics?

It's a masterpiece. Instrumental hip hop has become far less ambitious in the decades since and now it's only relegated to "chill beats" and background music. Compare that to Endtroducing which has fully formed compositions full of recurring motifs, a variety of moods and atmospheres, and sections which defy genres.

It's habbining again

well i mean it depends on the individual artist

i like DJ shadow because i think he does a lot of interesting and unique things with plunderphonics, the song i always point to is mutual slump, where he put this sample of the airiest, most ethereal, thinnest synth sound over this bombastic over-the-top drum loop, like the contrast is really cool and considering the genre was pretty unexplored at the time i think it took a lot of active creativity for him to make it.

but then you listen to the avalanches and you’re like “yeah why does this genre even exist.” I don’t think it’s aging very well. But I still like DJ shadow’s early work a lot.

>instrumental hip hop

You might as well ask what's the point of listening to any kind of electronic, beat-driven music.

>plunderphonics

Don't you find the idea of creating new compositions out of existing sounds fascinating? It shows how much music relies on context. Once you take a sequence of sounds out of a song it can be come unrecognizable or take on a totally different mood or meaning. Similar to how taking words out of context can totally change the meaning.

Since I Left You is a flawless, well aged album. Its like fine wine or cheese, your taste is too poor to judge it

come in

it’s overkill. There’s no subtley. it’s DUDE SAMPLES LMAO the album. Most of the samples are dumbass meaningless non-sequiters. They’re arrhythmic, atonal and don’t serve the actual song itsself.

the avalanches took plunderphonics and turned it into a gimmick genre

Since I Left You are overrated in general.
I wish the songs were less aimless. Because the hits on the album are really good.

your opinion is shit

*is

the most neckbeard comment i've ever read

completely agree - the only people that like it are the people that don't like hip-hop, but wont ever admit it.
at least the people that like entroducing will admit they don't like hip-hop in general.

It doesn't have a black person ruining it with his nursery rhymes, for starters.

>the only people that like it are the people that don't like hip-hop, but wont ever admit it.
>at least the people that like entroducing will admit they don't like hip-hop in general.
This is completely meaningless.

dj shadow is overglorified trip-hop
the avalanches are overglorified electro-swing

thank you
it's one of the most nauseating listening expierences I've ever had

Show me a trip hop album as intricate and varied in sound as Endtroducing.

>dj shadow is overglorified trip-hop
He literally invented Trip Hop dickstick.

give example of standard trip hop pls?

maxinquaye

Hahahaha NO. Massive Attack did.

This, you faggots haven't even heard any trip-hop beyond the basics.