Star Trek Discovery delayed, no longer has a release date

>Those looking forward to Star Trek Discovery’s promised streaming debut in May will have to wait even longer. According to the The Hollywood Reporter, the premiere has been pushed back right as production is due to start and CBS finishes casting and script rewrites.

>"This is an ambitious project; we will be flexible on a launch date if it's best for the show,” a CBS rep said in a statement. “We've said from the beginning it's more important to do this right than to do it fast. There is also added flexibility presenting on CBS All Access, which isn't beholden to seasonal premieres or launch windows."

>The 13-episode Discovery was originally slated to premiere this month on CBS, but was pushed back to allow the producers to better “achieve a vision” fans of the franchise would appreciate. Since then, however, the series has been dogged by a slow casting process, as well as the departure of former showrunner Bryan Fuller.

>Nevertheless, the series is still forging ahead. CBS Television today announced that Gotham and True Blood star James Frain has joined the cast as Sarek, the father of Spock. He’ll work alongside The Walking Dead’s Sonequa Martin-Green, who was recently cast as the series lead, as well as Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon star Michelle Yeoh, who will play a Starfleet captain.

>All told, there’s a great deal to be excited about with this series. It’s just completely uncertain when it will actually hit our screens.

theverge.com/2017/1/18/14313432/star-trek-discovery-delay-cbs-all-access-no-release-date

This shit is so getting cancelled.

What a weird fucking star trek cast holy shit.

ill hold of judgment until I see it . I think they are going to fuck it up though when gene was making it his progressive attitude to things was rebellious now that many of his ideas are becoming more mainstream I fear they are going to push the envelope and try to out gene gene . some thing just seems off here like it seems so forced but I didn't get the same vibe from TOS and TNG during the casting proses .

>the series has been dogged by a slow casting process

you know exactly what they were going for and had problems finding it, I bet the pilot was so politically obvious someone knew what shit fest it was

I called this before they announced the first delay to May. It was fucking November, the show was supposed to come out in January, and they had no cast, no scripts, no pre production, nothing.

I would honestly be surprised if this ever gets off the ground at all.

Post screenshot, or stop posting like you're my mother who predicted every major world event since the Cuban Missile Crisis.

the writing has been on the wall since bryan fuller left after being so enthusiastic about the show

seems like once again star trek is being mismanaged. didn't jj abrams talk about this when they made the reboot? they wanted to get a video game out, a line of toys and a new series to launch off the back of the new movie and the rights were just a legal minefield, CBS don't want to give anything up because they make a ton off merchandise and DVDs/blurays etc.

same shit happened after TNG, too many fingers in the pie. DS9 was the exception and had next to no interference because they were concentrating on voyager.

> Sasha cast as the lead

Fuuuuuu

Wrong.

JJ wanted CBS to completely halt any production of Original Series / TNG merchandise. He's the full package kike who only likes to work on a property if he can have full control of its marketing machine (which is essentially his best skill, selling pitches to executives with his 'mystery box' schtick)

The main characters are going to be a Lt.Commander as first officer (not a commander because fuck that shit), a science officer, a science officer that specializes in fungi INNNN SPAAAAACE, and a fucking Klingon captain.

It's gonna be shit.

the original vision for TNG was riker to be the main character. things change very quickly.

I mean I called this in real life, not on the internet my wife and I are both big ST fans and I had said back then that I doubt this thing is even getting made based on their "progress" so far.

>a fucking Klingon captain

So it's gonna switch between a Federation ship and a klingon ship?
Sounds annoying enough already.

Unless they announce they're dropping it as being exclusively on CBS's shitty streaming service then it is guaranteed for cancellation.

it's on netflix in every other country though so it might be alright

the only reason i have netflix is because it has all the star treks on it in UK

Think it's a klingon captain of a Federation ship, right?

can't be, wouldnt make sense for the time frame

Pre-Kirk?
That's fucking retarded.

This is gonna be the TV equivalent of vaporware isnt it ?

>13 episodes
WEAK

why do they refuse to advance the story past nemesis. just jump ahead another hundred years

CBS needs to sell Star Trek to a more competent entity. They're clearly out of their league.

it's not
it's a klingon captain of a klingon ship

Dead on arrival.

According to internet conjecture, the rumored klingon captain would be commanding the federation starship, perhaps as part of a secret operation. Obviously it's fucking stupid. But it wouldnt really make sense for them to focus on a seperate klingon vessel either.

I wouldn't mind this, but I get the feeling it would suck like Voyager. Or they will continue with Romulus blowing up and Romulans be refugees in the federation because topical

So it's gonna be some annoying switching back and forth. Punctual episodes about klingon crews are entertaining because they are punctual.

Star Trek just needs to fucking die in my opinion. They wrote themselves into a corner with Voyager because of the 29th Century Time Police bullshit, so there's nowhere else to go.

No one wants to see more politics shit with Romulans, who cares

No one wants to see more prequels, who cares

You might not have, but I did

I want to see more Romulans, they are actually pretty interesting. I just don't want some bullshit refugee plot that they would do

Is raimi directing?

Yes. Niggers, jews, ovens, gas, jajajajajajaja. :^D

oh snap!

>James Frain has joined the cast as Sarek, the father of Spock.

Good actor but what the fuck, I thought this show was in the prime timeline ten years before TOS? Is he gonna wear a CG Mark Lenard facemask ala Rogue One Tarkin or some shit.

Vulcans live like 300 years but they seem to reach adulthood at about the same speed as humans so there's probably a lot of situations where people look about the same age as their parents