How do they know what age group voted what? Weren't the elections secret?

How do they know what age group voted what? Weren't the elections secret?

because you're on the fucking electoral register you fucking mong.

I think he meant why wasn't age kept anonymous like the voters names.

But how do you know who voted what?

there's no way to know how you voted, as ballots are anonymous. So It's probably from surveys

Your details are recorded on the electoral register... you must be registered to vote otherwise votes could be subject to fraud, such as duplicate votes etc.

Your name, address etc are registered. They obviously know who YOU voted for but your name is kept anonymous. They will NEVER release that.

The use other details such as your age or your address in the breakdown of vote analytics.

polling.

Mostly people asking outsidee of the voting booth what they voted for.

>they know what you voted for
>they know your age, address, your education level, your ethnicity
>but they keep your name anonymous

Still doesn't check out.

How do you go from the polling station checking you in by confirming your name and home address to knowing what you checked off on the ballot?

They don't. They're guessing.

They don't know for sure since it was an anonymous ballot, but they can make a good estimate from surveys

Last time I checked they did surveys to predict the outcome and those came out wrong.

good point OP, also M2XL2IrL Just another deception. No means no.

which is why it's only an estimate

This, and phone calls, of course professor Sup Forums-light will lie, because he has to fear for his job and normalfag friends if someone might hear him say HAIL FARAGE/TRUMP/[insert right wing party/person]

So it might be not even true? How would we know if they just lied?

Exit polling. People who are dumb enough to talk about their vote right after voting are also highly representative of general trends.

When you survey enough people in a country (statistically significant cross-section of the popl), then run their answers, age, and other variables though various math and stats suites, it'll give you approximations and margins on those results based on chosen underlying models.

There's a large number of different stats models and algorithms with some standard ones more widely used to extrapolate things like age/voting preference, but which may not be mathematically robust enough to predict the actual results.

So the might as well could be lying?

cant some people vote multiple times because of this?

There is no name on your ballot paper, so there is no way to assign who voted what.

well they lie about everything so yeah

Yougov surveys.

Maybe there are names on the ballot paper but they are written in secret ink so you only see it under black light.

I mean seriously, if they can identify individual printers by the secret codes they print upon the paper in ultra small letters, they probably could do it with ballots too.

Why is Britannia in a wheelchair?

wel this board is 18+ so hopefully you're old enough to vote fellow cacuck, and know that the grandmotherly volunteer at the polling booth entrance asking for your name and address before she can give you the ballot is so that you don't try coming in 10 minutes later and asking to vote again after she's already checked your name off the list of people in your riding
>but she doesn't know what you penned on the ballot

She's a rape survivor.

Poll from Yougov. Around 1700 sample size.

Same poll got the final result badly wrong.

Voting in the uk is anonymous

I salute your idealism but in America for instance there were stories were some guy found out him and his dead grandma already voted for Obama.

A sample size of 1700 doesn't seem big enough to be representative.

When you check in to get your ballot, they mark you off as having voted. That is how they know. God, Germany, you're such a goddamned autistic.

depends on how it is sampled really

Lads, /r/ing that 'Don't mind my grandpa, he's like 90...' pic.

Exit polling

What about fingerprints?
>not wearing gloves when you vote

I'm 27 and voted out ,never voted for anything in my life but I had the power of meme magic on my side

Ballots have a counterfoil you dummies.

They can trace exactly who voted what if they really wanted - this has been used in the past to hotlist communists.