The highs are unbelievable, and the lows are still pretty damn great. anyone else think this is their best?

the highs are unbelievable, and the lows are still pretty damn great. anyone else think this is their best?

/beatles/ general

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/whoatemymusic/inside-is-yellow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i thought it was the white album not the yellow album lol

jaja it looks like someone bought the album and then peed on it xD

2008-2013: Sgt. Pepper
2013-2015: Revolver
2015-present: White Album

Album is fucking great. I feel as if it has the most raw substance to it. Also, the sheer quantity of good tracks on this thing is insane. I still personally believe that Sgt. Pepper is their best as far as the standard album format goes, but this record has better songs and takes far more risks. Cry Baby Cry/10, fucking excellent release

objectively best beatles album coming through

Could have been the best if it had 3 more memorable songs on it, but as it stands there's just not enough there. I do agree that the great songs on this release are absolutely some of their best, though.

Worst cover art but yes best album

which songs do you find to be lacking on this album?
i like mmt the best because there really are no bad songs on it; white album, revolver and even sgt peppers have some not great to shit songs

Flying is the weakest song and it's still pretty fun, real goofy which segues nicely into the eeriness of Blue Jay Way

>he doesn’t like the cover art
It’s fucking great I love it.

Your Mother Should Know, Hello Goodbye, All You Need is Love are the three that I find to be lacking. Not that they're bad, I just find them "not-great". That being said I agree with you on Revolver or White Album, both have some trash on them. However, I personally love every song on Sgt. Pepper a great deal. It's probably more of a personal taste thing, though. When I was 12 I listened to Sgt. Pepper every night while going to bed, so i'm pretty biased lol

That being said this thread has caused me to reevaluate this album, I forgot how great it is honestly

I added the Yellow Submarine tracks to this, and they make it GOAT as fuck

is yellowposting back ?

It's a fucking mess, but it is also their best album, mostly because of George Martin. The way he treated Ringo's drums is masterful. Also, it is John Lennon's peak as a songwriter.

Huh? Paul famously replaced Ringo on drums for part of the album. If you want to single out a Beatle record for showcasing RIngo's drumming it's Abbey Road, not s/t

I came back to this after something like 8 years and "Long, Long, Long" is easily the best track

he was talking about the sound of drums, not the drum parts

Paul on played drums on Back in the USSR and Dear Prudence

Fair enough, but I still think Abbey Road is more noteworthy in that case. The sound of the toms on that album are the best ever imo

inside is yellow

:)

soundcloud.com/whoatemymusic/inside-is-yellow

LOL when did you get funny, Sup Forums?

Reminder that mmt isn’t a real album

What's the fucking difference?

Well in addition to Hard Day's Night, Help!, Let It Be and Yellow Submarine, they are technically soundtrack albums.

So?

The tacked on singles is what makes the album so strong, it’s like adding hey jude and revolution to the white album

So what that guy was saying is that some hardcore beatle fans don't consider mmt to be a "real" album, and that it was only released to promote the film of the same name. I don't agree but I see where he's coming from.

>it’s like adding hey jude and revolution to the white album
Which wouldn't be wrong necessarily, they were produced during the same sessions.
I'm a hardcore Beatle fan, and they're albums. Even if they aren't "real albums" (whatever the fuck this is supposed to mean) they're still music, sounds going into my ears. This is the kind of person that argues about genre tags and doesn't actually like music.

Strawberry fields and penny lane predated sgt peppers, it wasnt the same sessions so it’s a compilation

I agree with you. They're real albums (and some of the best in their discog), but there are people out their who refuse to put albums like mmt in the same ranks as say, Abbey Rod. Which is a sin

They were literally recorded during the Sgt Pepper sessions. Do some reading you fucking dunce

NOW SHE'S HIT THE BIG TIME

Then why would they be on mmt rather than pepper by your logic you absolute retard

Because of fucking record label reasons. I was only stating the fact that those songs were produced during the Sgt Pepper sessions. If you'd like you can do some god damned wiki/google searches and go learn for yourself you dolt.

Exactly, mmt is a compilation by capital just like the rest of their amercan releases, keep contradicting yourself you mong

Okay ?

Saying MMT is a real Beatles album is like saying the other Capitol albums are real Beatles albums

Damn thanks bro you've opened my third eye. I have now deleted MMT from my library

M-MUH BRITISH CANON

The Beatles themselves consider it part of their canon, it got remastered for the 2009 boxsets. You don't know better than the artists themselves.

Their true masterpiece

I think you meant to say BEST cover art, didn't you?

water is wet