What the fuck were they expecting?

as soon population got words that 4 monks arrested the seneta leader without any warrant or solid proof there'd be civil unrest and the jedi would be considered terrorists
was mace dindu retarded?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_CMKRboU1ls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The guy with the red lightsaber and cameras in the rooms aren't evidence

Hmmm

They'd have been fine had it worked out.

The jedi couldn't even remember the last time they faced sith, it would've meant nothing. The audio recording of him saying that he is the senate etc. would have proven the jedi were acting in the defence of the republic, and also the fact that he was the agressor would exempt the jedi of murder.

was there any surveillance in his office? what did he intend to do with said surveillance?

Except all the times they fought Dooku or Sidious during the Clone Wars.

>Except all the times they fought Sidious during the Clone Wars
??

Sidious used doctored sound recordings to "prove" his innocence in the senate later.

They faced Dooku and Maul a couple times, however the fact that they were sith was never the reason they were at war with them.

Sheev used Force Jam to shut off the cameras

>proof?
Just say you sense it with the force.

what else should they have done?

Hug it out

>has a red lightsaber
>uses the Force in combat
>admitted to being a Sith Lord to Anakin in a room filled with cameras
>footage of him casting Force lightning
>saber wounds on the corpses of 3 Jedi Masters
the world may never know

nuked it from orbit

He has control of the senate and all the courts. He is too dangerous to be left alive!

>He has control of the senate and all the courts. He is too dangerous to be left alive!
but Windu was right

>he doesn't know governments can cover up basically anything

>Gets told a million times "it's not the jedi way"
>"He is too dangerous to be left alive!"
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>"you're bitching about this after what you did to Dooku?"

Yoda actually fights Sidious in TCW, which makes it doubly retarded that the jedi never suspected Sheev of being sith

also we are literally told that he controls the senate. it implies that he can pretty much manipulate everybody of importance in the republic.

there was nothing the jedi could've done without giving up their ideals.

Yoda never finds out Sidious' identity during that fight, that was literally the whole point

It wouldnt have stopped the clones from turning on the jedi either way.

Dooku had captured the Chancellor. Sheev hadn't been proven to have done anything

>that diversity

Jedis were pathetic, that's a nigger, an octopuss, a crab and a discount Satan there, wielding lightstabers, thank fuck Sheev dismantled them like they were nothing.

>"he has to stand trial"

doesn't matter, Dooku was unarmed and had surrendered, the Jedi way would have been taking him prisoner to stand trial for his crimes. it's exactly the same, Anakin, now quit being a pussy and let me chop Sheev's head off

>No Chancellor with the knowledge of Order 66
>No Order 66
EZ

what if Sheev had left behind contingency orders telling the Kaminoans to activate Order 66 in his place, should he ever be murdered by the Jedi

Go to the Senate

The Kaminoans weren't employed by Sheev (technically), and weren't loyal to him either. Besides the clones were the property of and answered only to the republic, with Order 66 being an executive one only able to be issued by the chancellor or Sheev himself.

>Sheev gets put on trial in the Senate
>immediately goes free because half of the jurors are getting blackmailed by him
what now Mr. Jedi?

You just erase the footage which he would easily be able to do then say it was Anakin who cut them to shreds with his own light saber when a true hero came to save him

Vader did nothing wrong saving the glorious emperor Sheev

Except killing three Jedi Masters in the past two minutes.

>get told for years by Mace Dindu that stepping out of line with the "Jedi Code" is the worst thing you can possibly do
>get flippantly dismissed by said Dindu when you point out that murdering an unarmed man who has surrendered is against the Jedi Code
I would have flipped the fuck out to me.

Even if he's acquited his reputation would be ruined.

Source: OJ

They were boarding the ship to arrest Palpatine before Anakin ran into the hanger and told Windu he was a Sith Lord. Basically they were committing treason anyway they looked at it. Yoda and Windu and Obi-Wan discussed how they would have to take emergency power, and Yoda knew that it was not going to go well with the senate. I think Yoda knew that they were fucked either way.

how does Sup Forums feel about Plo Koon?

In self defence. They tried to arrest him without a warrant

Ki Adi Munro is more baller

They were indeed, but they could have done nothing else.

This really grinds my gears. Anakin does a complete 180 right after seeing a Sith Lord murder his Jedi bros, and decides killing him isn't right, but murdering Doodoo at the behest of the chancellor is completely fine. Also, it's ridiculous how Obi never mentions the shit Dooku tells him about a Sith lord controlling the senate, it should've been obvious that Sheev was Sith from all his power grabs and coy demeanor

Even if they didn't have a warrant or probable cause, killing them seems a little excessive.

AJAB

Obi wan did tell yoda and mace.

Dooku was actually the true hero of the series

Also kind of odd how Obi Wan doesn't notice the beheaded corpse of Dooku, and doesn't confront his padawan about breakin the Jedi code.

but Mundi died like a bitch

>Jedi want to put Sheev on trial
>get laughed at by 98% of the senate
>this somehow is supposed to damage Sheev's reputation not the Jedi

The Jedi lost even before order 66 or some shit. Sith outplayed them way before and they didn't even realize it. Jedi were a bunch of useless arrogant cucks that got put in their place.

The only reason I remember him is because his name was on one of the special moves Anakin could use in the Episode 3 game on DS.

and what should they have done, then? just stood by and watched Sheev claim unlimited powah and usher in the Empire unopposed?

joined the dark side

He didnĀ“t see it.

He woke up in the elevator shaft

>Obi wan did tell yoda and mace.
Must've forgotten that part then. I don't know if this was the point, but the Jedi are grossly incompetent almost to the point of being literal retards. How was it not obvious until the last moment that Sheev was grabbing power like a madman. I know the bullshit about the Jedi temple being built over a Sith temple and obstructing the force, but even a child would be able to tell that Sheev is evil.

Obi Wan was pretty shit. He didn't even finish Anakin off or come out and stop him from choking the shit out Padme, or say "Hey, she actually didn't bring me here to kill you" He just stands there and watches her get choked for 5 seconds (which somehow kills her)

Anakin was attracted to the Dark side and knew what Sheev was by that stage, but he still had his ties to the light side and thought of them as "the goodies". When Mace wants to murder Sheev Anakin realises the Jedi are no better than the Sith, and are just as evil as the Sith from one point of view

he's used to Anakin breaking the code by then, in TCW he's learned to just kind of roll with it

Doesn't notice they don't have Dooku in tow and can't sense his force signature.

>When Mace wants to murder Sheev Anakin realises the Jedi are no better than the Sith, and are just as evil as the Sith from one point of view
I really don't see the Jedi instituting secret police and blowing up planets with Death Stars, but OK

>obi never mentions the shit Dooku tells him about the sith lord controlling the senate
You are wrong. End of Episode II he talks with Mace Windu and Yoda about it. They think it might be a lie and it doesn't matter because Palpatine has clouded their vision.

youtube.com/watch?v=_CMKRboU1ls

People just have not seen the movies recently and forget the intricacies of the plot. Good or bad, it's addressed.

she didn't die from being choked.

He didn't kill Anakin because the initiation to the Sith order meant killing a close friend, finishing him off would have resulted in Darth Obi Wan, Padme didn't die because of the choke but because of a broken heart, kinda lame but it's a real phenomenom so eh.

Was much more cool with the orange lightsaber

they knew that Sheev was evil (that's why they sent Anakin to spy on him and find out how evil, exactly), but they didn't expect that he would be a literal Sith Lord

>finishing him off would have resulted in Darth Obi Wan
I don't think that's true

No Anakin was not attracted to the dark side or the sith. He DID NOT know Sheev was a Sith.

The only reason Anakin was attracted to dark side power was to save the one thing he cared about more than anything - Padme

why did Anakin keep serving Sheev after Padme died?

Yes, I remember that planet getting blown up in the first half of ep3

What else could he do?

Anakin could have just killed him in normal combat, not an execution.

Also Anakin was a General and thus under command of Palpatine

join/found the rebels or kill himself

kill himself

Dooku tells Obi-Wan and Obi-Wan mentions the conversation at the end of episode II with Mace and Yoda.

See
Also you don't need the Sith Temple obstructing the force explanation from the EU for the Jedi clouded vision.

The films state that the Sith Lord clouds their vision.

>Palpatine decides it's time to reveal he's a Sith
>Anakin tells Mace that Palpatine's a Sith in the next scene
>In the scene after that Anakin does not know Palpatine is a Sith

>hen Mace wants to murder Sheev Anakin realises the Jedi are no better than the Sith, and are just as evil as the Sith from one point of view

So Anakin is retarded? He can't see how killing a Sith Lord is for the benefit of the Galaxy?

>They think it might be a lie and it doesn't matter because Palpatine has clouded their vision.
It doesn't take the force to see Sheev acting a complete evil madman. The Jedi are fucking retarded. Obi Wan goes to Kamino, the place where the clones are made, fights a Bounty hunter that works for the Trade Federation AT THE FACILITY (After Mace kills him I'm pretty sure they would have to know that the clones are made from him), but none of the Jedi are like "woah, maybe something fishy is going on here"

He didn't kill Anakin because the initiation to the Sith order meant killing a close friend, finishing him off would have resulted in Darth Obi Wan, Padme didn't die because of the choke but because of a broken heart, kinda lame but it's a real phenomenom so eh.

What Sith ritual is that? Obi Wan should've killed him to spare Anakin the pain of a slow death if he really meant all the love bullshit he was spouting, or if Obi Wan wasn't an idiot, to stop a potential Sith Lord from rising.

hmm maybe

He was part of the Jedi Order who weren't under control of the Senate.

I meant he doesn't know who Sheev is during the battle with Dooku which is the post I responded to said he did.

What about the droid attack on the Wookies?

they knew that the clones were fishy, but they didn't have a choice in using them, as the clones were literally their entire army. ditching them would mean forfeiting the war

>So Anakin is retarded? He can't see how killing a Sith Lord is for the benefit of the Galaxy?

Correct. Anakin has turned to the Dark side and becomes Darth Vader after this scene. This is not subtle, Sheev literally says that's his new title

Ironic

Because Sheev made him believe that her death was his own fault. Also he was more machine than man at this point. Sheev was a father to him, had been one of his best mentors his entire life. In Episode II and III he was the only person who had real talk with Anakin and made him feel good about himself. He was a good friend.

The post you responded to was mine and says
>When Mace wants to murder Sheev Anakin realises the Jedi are no better than the Sith

Anakin knows what Palpatine is by then

>they knew that the clones were fishy, but they didn't have a choice in using them, as the clones were literally their entire army. ditching them would mean forfeiting the war

They had the ability to raise an army of non-clones. I forgot the guy, but there's a Jedi who has his own militia of conscripts that fought fo him, that's how he survived order 66. Also, why didn't the Jedi just let the Trade Federation break off?

Being a corrupt politician does not = mysterious sith lord

A Sith lord?

Was the best character to play as in Jedi Power Battles. How come we never see anymore of his race? They look cool.

well the prequels kinda missed Anakins huge downspiral leading to him hating the jedi and losing his mind at the same time

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_training

"The Sacrifice"

Dooku killed Sifo-Dyas, Sidious killed his entire family, Anakin caused the death of Windu

My bad I missed you were talking about Mace. Thought everyone was on the Dooku thing.

Rahm Kota, who later got killed by Galen Marek.

>they had the ability to raise an army of non-clones
they did not, the Republic was 100% demilitarized for centuries and conscription would have incited widespread revolution

>Jedi with an army of conscripts
not canon

It was the clones or bust

>why not let the Federation break off?
how not to run a government 101

Sheev IS the Senate.

I wish they bring Windu back

>They were boarding the ship to arrest Palpatine before Anakin ran into the hanger and told Windu he was a Sith Lord.

Not really. They were going to make sure that Palpatine gave up his emergency powers now that it was known that Grievous was dead. The Jedi were growing suspicious of Palpatine be the Clone War's end.

Also, how the fuck did the Jedi never bother to investigate where a battle ready clone army came from, who paid for its creation, and what the greater purpose of all this was? Did the Republic really take a massive army that was mysteriously paid for with no questions asked?

To ad to this, the Rebel Alliance disbanded like 90% of their military power for the New Republic. They believed that it was too dangerous to have a centralized military.

The New Republic is divided into two parties - political parties - people who believe that a central government like the Empire is the strongest and safest way (centrists).... and the second party believes in individual rights and liberties based on individual planets and systems (populists).

Leia was a populist in the Senate of the New Republic. It's implied that the Centrists are funding the The First Order behind the scenes with lot's of money (explains star killer base and military funding).

When the Senate finds out that Leia and Luke are Vader's children, everyone has even less trust in her and Luke. This also leads to Kylo Ren finding out when he's in his early 20s in a really uncomfortable way. This probably leads to his turn to his path to the dark side.

Leia leaves the senate and starts the Resistance, becase everyone is too ignorant to see the First Order as a threat... and the New Republic does not have much of a military to deal with another war.

All this is in the Bloodlines book.

So why did Sheev name him 'Vader' other than making a gesture to a particular reveal in the 6th movie?

They were goin to make him give up the emergency powers and were prepared to take him under custody before they knew what he was. I'm not incorrect. Go watch it.

They tried to find out who arranged for he clones but every trail lead nowhere, they took the army because it was their only chance of beating the seperatists.

If Darth Maul survived I don't see why Windu can't.

>To ad to this, the Rebel Alliance disbanded like 90% of their military power for the New Republic. They believed that it was too dangerous to have a centralized military.

>disband military because having one is dangerous
>immediately get BTFO by the FO
what did JJ mean by this?

Whatever happened to good old fashioned enlisting?