In 1994, a 6.7-magnitude earthquake rumbled through Los Angeles at 4:30 a.m. The shaking woke residents...

>In 1994, a 6.7-magnitude earthquake rumbled through Los Angeles at 4:30 a.m. The shaking woke residents, who discovered the power had gone out citywide.

>Some left their houses or peered outside to check on the neighborhood.

>They looked up at the sky. It was flush with cosmic bodies that had been invisible up to that point—twinkling stars, clustered galaxies, distant planets, even a satellite or two. Then some people became nervous when they saw the large silvery cloud in the sky. It looked so sinister they called 911.

>That cloud was the Milky Way. They had never seen it before

>tfw Amerifats got so scared from seeing stars they called 911

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZhgR3zVfo-0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ha, it sucks that people in the city live their whole lives not knowing how beautiful a night sky is because of city lights.

i have never seen the milky way

m8, promise me you'll go to the middle of nowhere on a not cloudy new moon once in your life.

>surprised that a polluted shitty city can't see stars
Europistani education

I grew up in Arizona where the Milky Way is visible year-round...but I have never seen it that strong and clear....is this picture enhanced?

A human will never be able to see a sky like that. You're looking at a time lapse with digital colour enhancement.

You can't see space like that unless you can keep your eyes open for hours, taking in light and seeing beyond the natural scope of light visible to human eyes.

Might be I'm not sure, I just googled milky way and picked something haphazardly. Oh and go to yosemite if you want the absolute clearest view though.

>Spend my whole life int he city
>Only see the moon and a few stars
>Go to grandmas house in the middle of the country
>Decide to look up when it was dark
>Saw stars, planets, shooting stars and everything
>Get fucking terrified and look back down
>I spend the whole night outside doing my best not to look up.
It's was the most scary thing I saw, I have a phobia of looking up now.

no, not interested

oh and here is a hype video for yosemite.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZhgR3zVfo-0

What is length of exposure

Pussy ass bitch

>There are more grains of sand in the universe than stars on the beach.

If you leave your camera sensor on for example 10 seconds, it takes in all the light for the picture.

This enhances really dull stars that you wouldn't normally see with the naked eye.

My brother has been to Yoshimite and done a bit of astral photography, said the park was amazing.

Kek, I want to believe this because it would be hilarious.

I doubt LAs polluted air allowed them to watch galaxy and milky way even under no city lights

This is the average intelligence of somebody who lives in LA

And I don't think the OP can see it either.

No Im surprised you'd be so silly to call 911
Yes I can. Especially in the mountains. Although I can still see it right now

I live way up in the north and have seen the northern lights but have never really seen stars like that. Really want to

t. ornio

Accually is Rovaniemi

>6.7
>earthquake

That shit has to be fabricated, or a composite of pictures to make it look like a ton of stars. I've stood in rural nowhere, Pennsylvania (absolutely zero emissions anywhere) and saw lots of stars, but only like 25-30% of that picture. That must be shopped