I want to immigrate to Canada. What do I need to know?

I want to immigrate to Canada. What do I need to know?

Other urls found in this thread:

mcgill.ca/legaldocuments/exemption/france
internationalstudent.com/study_usa/financing/scholarships/
cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not being white.

Everyone wants to immigrate to Canada. Even my aunt wants to move to Canada. What's so great about Canada? Why is the Leaf so respected on here?

they dislike the french

I'd move south if I could get a good job and didn't have to pay the taxes to leave.

Culture of irrelevancy

I thought about going to Miami but the university there demands more than $50,000 for one year. I can pay but that's extortionate. The tuition costs 10 times less in Canada, they do teach in my mother tongue, and there are promising opportunities while being near the mighty USA.

Only McGill really has reach with American employers out of the Quebec schools, and its taught in English.

Live in state for a year and the tuition drops considerably. It's because you are from out of state.
Besides, isn't university inexpensive where you live?

>they do teach in my mother tongue
That stuff they speak in Quebec will sound like unintelligible gibberish to you.

I know, but I don't really care about Americans as employers. And while I'm perfectly fluent in English, I have an edge in French (compared to other French-speaking people). Thus the other universities will be good enough.

if you have a useful degree you should be guaranteed citizenship as a french speaker.

quebec also likes bringing in french people and you have like 3k tuition which is cheaper than what english speaking people have to pay.

mcgill.ca/legaldocuments/exemption/france

you have french privilege in all quebec universities lmfao. if you were not french you would pay typical 20-30k tuition but citizens of france has to pay 3k.

btw mcgill is famous in america because lots of rich americans send their kids here.

mcgill and uoft are degrees good enough to give you credibility in america like a degree from utexas/berkeley/ucla/etc.

I already have all the degrees I need in France, but they won't be that useful in North America. I need a local degree too.

Living in Miami for one year... Interesting, but what would I be doing there? Plus the costs of living would burn a lot of money.

>let me tell you about your language

>didn't have to pay the taxes to leave
what did he mean by this

I've seen that, feels good to be French for once!

You're right... I will think about it.

They probably have an exit tax on financial assets (capital gains tax), like in France.

Florida's cheap, Miami not so much. Don't live in Miami but elsewhere. Just need to be in state.
Can you get a work visa then a student visa?

In Canada anyway, to leave permanently you take all your assets and sell them (in theory) on the day you left for fair market value. This becomes your income for the year and you pay the income tax. It's called a deemed disposition.

wew
goddamn commies

>$50,000
haha holy shit, I actually thought about studying in Florida but I guess they can go fuck themselves then
btw I didn't know Opera automatically translates money from one currency to another, that's pretty cool

>5 operabux have been deposited

Opera is much better than Google Chrome, that's a fact

jokes on you I use internet explorer

Canada has maple syrup only

lmao

I don't have a driver's license because I'm a meme. So, living far away from the city is hard to conceive for me.

The trick to get a work visa first is neat, but I don't think anyone would hire me in Florida (for the moment)... and I have sufficient funds to live without working anyway.

Quebec is prob the easiest for you.

they keep their milk in bags, and at all times, they have a hockey puck located somewhere on their body

internationalstudent.com/study_usa/financing/scholarships/

Maybe will help.

What, the total value is your income? Not just the actual gain? It seems ludicrous.

That little Opera thing looks based, I need it desu.

Tbh since your from France just move to Quebec, you'll fit right in (its a bit more expensive to live there)

You abide by the countries tax rules, but savings and retirement accounts are included.

Forgot to mention, in the US students borrow money from the bank to go to school. Can easily rack up $200,000 in debt. More for an ivy league education.

I'll use it, thanks.

Québec is my basic choice of course, and people there are mostly bro-tier from a French perspective.

First thing you should do is visit immigration Canada (cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp)

You might already know but Quebec is the only province where a majority of people speak fluent French, though New Brunswick is a bilingual province and Ontario and Manitoba have francophone dominant cities. Quebec is also the most catholic province, followed by Nova Scotia.

I'm a McGill student, so trust me when I say that the Canadanon you responded to is wrong. McGill offers courses in French, and for the courses offered in English students are allowed to submit assignments, write exams and participate in class in French. The university is not allowed to discriminate against or not offer the same services to french students as they do to the english ones

The difference between Quebec french and French french is akin to the difference between British and Midwest/American south english, it's not that bad

>$50,000 for one year
lmao that's half of my 5 year degree

Nothing happens here, and its a relaxed country depending where you live.

if you're fluent in english, you can possibly be a french teacher or translating job anywhere here. also immigrating here isn't too hard if you can speak french. canada just favours english and french speakers/ family relations .

sorry about my grammar, rushed it

To the other Anons anove, thanks for the suggestions and extra information. I need to process that and do more research.

>anove
above* (phoneposting sucks)

i'm sure an unilingual english speaking person knows all about that

plz be white

this

don't be """french""" like most immigrants from france

don't drive in florida lmfao you will get killed.

fucked up drivers there, i have family living there and on the highways everyone weaves in and out of traffic, literally nobody uses turn signals and cuts you off.

there are also good french universities too, UoM and so-on.

you guys get lotsa maghrebis and shit there?

>you guys get lotsa maghrebis and shit there?
niggers

>University of Montreal
>Good
What?

aren't they haitians directly from haiti?

its alright i'm not familiar with french education.

Oh, it's actually a fine school. I'm just making fun since I'm from McGill

haiti and france

damn, how do they even get permission to come here if they are a drain?

No, the Haitians have refugee status in the US but are fleeing it and crossing the border into Canada because of Trump.
Canada does not officially recognize the Haitian refugee status like the US so likely they get deported.

the "refugees" aren't allowed but you know how it is

we're gonna pay a shitload of taxes so they can process them for 10 years, giving them to shit out an anchor baby

I'm studying here in Florida and we get tons of students from Europe.

Vermont maple syrup is better anyway

>Vermont maple syrup is better anyway
>Vermont maple syrup is better
>better
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jeez you guys are like Tunisia with the ">what is high quality olive oil" meme.

Canadian here, and can confirm. Vermont Maple syrup beats Canadian swill any day