How can someone even say turn your brain off and enjoy this movie? How do you respond to this?

How can someone even say turn your brain off and enjoy this movie? How do you respond to this?

Just say that's impossible. All they want is movie simple enough for them to understand because they lack the most basic of critical thinking skills.

>I'm low testosterone: the post

i would just turn my brain off, what's so fucking hard about that?

heads don't have buttons like that

>How do you respond to this?
either say something like "I'm not feelin it" and try watch a different movie or just get drunk/high while watching

Television and Film is inherently dishonest no matter how true it presents itself to be.
So when people say "DUDE TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN LMAO", instead think about suspension of disbelief.
You don't have to turn off your brain. You just have to be smart enough to discern when something is possible in the real world and the movie world.

That works well and good sometimes. But nowadays movies are so inconstant and our brains are so wired to recognize patterns. It is very hard to "suspend belief" when a movie does one thing and then a few scenes later something happens that contradicts what happened in the prior scene.

It's not about turning your brain off, it's about the flick being good enough for you to be engrossed in it and not care about the stupidity (See Crank). If theres a flick where you feel like you have to force yourself to ignore obvious problems to ignore it, then it's just simply not a good flick.
Anybody telling you to turn your brain off is a fucking retard and should be ignored.

it really depends on the tone of the film

If it's comic or tongue-in-cheek things like continuity have little importance. But if the tone is moderately serious or earnest then yeah, contradictions are annoying

talking to you makes me want to turn my brain off mate

take a few shots

>Dump friends
>Get better friends
>Watch better movies

Just turn your brain off brah

kek

is this achievable natty?

??? literally nobody said that

>drink beer
>see something dumb
>haha that's so dumb
>drink some more beer

this. if im forced to go see garbage like rogue one and warcraft i just get loaded on the way to the theater

>"just turn off your brain"
>wake up in own shit and get hospitalised

THANKS BAY

holy FUCK that was fucking amazing, did you see that hahaha *crosses arms* tripple X bro haha

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
MOVIES AREN'T MEANT TO BE FUN

I fucking love the Friday the 13th movies and those I think are movies where you have to turn off your brain. Seems like a lot of horror movies are like that, but F13 just tends to be a lot more formulaic.

It's said by dumb people pretending that their retardation is a choice because they're just as smart as you in their minds.

by knowing what they mean, because i'm not a complete faggagebaggage

Honestly, this. Art isn't about fun. It's about a message or a portrayal or a way to convey an idea in a skillful manner. "fun" art is literally for children.

>movies are art exclusively
>art is what i say it is
>having fun is for children

it's pretty hard to find a dumber opinion in this thread

by your definition, movies are not art, because they were entertainment for the masses from the very beginning

i've been watching the series for the first time since last week. Just did part 4 last night.

It's not high art, and it is quite formulaic but i'm finding it enjoyable with each installation.

I don't have to think when i watch them. I just sit back and enjoy based jason and the nice titties.

except when feldmen was on screen, then i have to think about how much abuse he got as a kid, did he channel it into his role?

Escapism with shallow movies is easy if you try

Probably. Feldman was a little shit so the guy playing Jason scared the shit out of him on the take when he bursts through the window. Part 4's director was also a huge butthole who made actors swim in the cold water with no breaks, and the guy who had his head crushed on the shower wall had no padding so he really got hurt.

Just dont even try
They've checkmated you

That's where you're right, kiddo. Movies aren't art, that's why we've separated movies from kino.

Yeah noice. I've heard there is a really good doco that covers the series. I'm gonna watch that when I'm done watching the movies.

I'm hoping it would cover a lot of interesting trivia like what you just mentioned.

What's your favourite installment user?

Parts 2 and 3 are all my all-time favorites, but 6 and 8 hold special places in my heart. Jason X is pure Kino though.

>there are people who dislike fast and the furious

Why

shitty cinematography
shitty script
shitty story
shitty character development
shitty acting
fast cars and moderately attractive women

yah ill pass

It's a misnomer. Of course their brains are on and being stimulated.

Television and movies are made for the lowest common denominator and you don't even need a brain to understand it like you do for complex mathematics or literature.

As the writing, cinematography, story and acting went down the choreography and cheese factor went up.

They're pretty fun.