Your most depressing album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9vGLxPh5odA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Of all Radiohead albums you chose the happiest one?

idiot

Because of how shitty it is?

What this man said.

Literally slit my wrists core

Who hurt you?

generic but it's all I got

Thisss

love this album

anything by xasthur

also leviathan this guy gets it

this shit is insanely sad, and context just makes it more so. also brilliantly executed even though unfinished

Or that silencer album.

it's an EP but it's his saddest work imo. by contrast to his full lengths there's very little energy or aggression to it (aside from maybe the first track), just tears and regret.

twilight and the last hour are extremely depressing.
i have a lot of respect for jef but i don't find his music all that depressing. it's so over the top doomy and sinister that there's a kind of tongue-in-cheekness to it. i don't mean that it in a dismissive way, it's really good and i enjoy it sometimes.
trist - zrcadleni melancholie and life is pain s/t (trist side project) are my favorite dsbm records. 99% of the subgenre is cheesy as shit. it's only really trist, xasthur, abyssic hate and hypothermia that i can take seriously.

this is also my favourite album of all time

mind if i turn myself gay and marry you

Closer by Joy Division is a close second

i dont even find this depressing
the reverb is so warm and comforting to me, it makes me feel nostalgic
i love this album :((

some will find it cheesy or too pop but i can look past that. as a breakup album it's pretty real.

i agree that it's warm and comforting but i don't understand how you don't find heavy water, invisible or when we fall depressing. those songs are just so lonely and hopeless to me.
there's something about her wanting to hang herself during the writing/recording of this too. i've not read that directly but i can believe it.

not the guy who posted it btw

wow, it's a little strange to read this. I feel the opposite; that this album sounds cold and windy, just like a wet autumn morning beneath a gray sky

I am a fucking coward

why do you find it depressing? It's a tough listen, anyways. It feels like self harming

essential existential crisis-core

>I'd like to try to live my life again
>I'd like to see where I was going wrong

In Rainbows is not a happy album, it just doesn't beat the listener over the head with its melancholy. TKOL is their "happiest" album.

Joji- in tongues

i was actually kind of afraid of listening to it so i held off on it for a long time because i didn't want to be depressed by it
but one day here in michigan in like february we had a weirdly mild, warm wind, spring-like day and i decided to listen to it while i walked a dog i was watching. that day reminded me a lot of the days i loved when i was way younger so i think i just associate it with that now.

i hope other people can have an experience like that with some album so they can get a similar feeling

This album doesn't depress me but I'm retarded when it comes to deciphering reverb-drenched vocals so to me it just sounds like pretty ambient noise.

>Tfw you outlive your son

Earl - Doris

really guys? not even a contest

I listened to this on an airplane and almost had an anxiety attack when the turbulence started to kick in when Surrogate 2 came on.

I'm a few minutes away from doing this. I saw you post about this a little bit ago and it sounds exciting

True Love Waits might not be a contender for Radiohead's best or even best closer, but the sheer amount of sadness it seals AMSP off with it is amazing. It's not a ambiguous ending like Motion Picture Soundtrack, it's not a wistful ending like Life In A Glass House and it certainly isn't an uplifting ending like Separator. It's just sad.

Rejoice is hands down one of the most heartbreaking songs I've ever heard

ugh I used to love this album when I started browsing Sup Forums, but I can stand it now. It's just so fucking unoriginal, and the singer's voice is hit. I love their song tiptoe tho youtube.com/watch?v=9vGLxPh5odA

Blackplayer?

good ones

It's like y'all are not even trying

Can't stand it when i'm happy, love it when i'm not

good pick

It has some amazing tracks, best grouper project by far.
Every time i link it to somebody they start asking if i'm okay.

Classic. "24" kills me every time.

I'll have to go with pic related. downed many bottles of cheap wine to it

It's definitely Unknown Pleasures, I'm too lazy to post album cover

generally not a very depressed person, this is the strongest i could feel

So much low hanging fruit ITT, don't you get bored of posting Red House Painters, Radiohead, Have a Nice Life, and Joy Division nonstop?

Type O Negative - October Rust

pretty much guarenteed 4 months of depression right there

>Gothic Metal
do you also have to by nihilistic?

I like Yanqui a lot but this one is the only album of theirs that sounds truly depressing to me

The self-titled by Jesu, I find it so hopeless and depressing...it always makes me cry

SA broke me

this is one of the most beautiful and heartbreaking albums i've ever heard. it might also be nick cave's best record to date