Tfw punk is the father of countless genres

>tfw punk is the father of countless genres

Other urls found in this thread:

metal.mit.edu/brief-history-metal
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its lit

Wat

>tfw punk

punk is like one of those fathers who never does anything good for himself or his family and dies young but his kids learn from his mistakes (pic related doesnt count and no one can say it does)

quads confirm
post punk > punk

>not listening to both

>never does anything good for himself
Bad Brains, Ramones, Adolescents, Chaos UK, Discharge all released 8/10 albums and eps
>or his family
Motorhead, Venom, Iron Maiden, Napalm Death, Dirty Rotten Imbeciles all considered unavoidibly influential by a majority of metalheads and musicians
>and dies young
dont start this again

grunge>punk/post-punk

>ehhhhh, give them another listen
>metal was a mistake
>the real daddy punk died early. he had so many kids with so many thotties that most of the stupider ones followed in his footsteps while only an elite few managed to make something more of themselves

>countless
Idk about you, but I can count to five

>grunge>punk

Last (You) of the evening, I'm feeling generous

>countless genres
>They all have punk in their names

Post-Punk > Punk Rock
Post-Hardcore > Hardcore Punk

1st point correct
2nd point wrong

>tfw the beatles are the father to every genre

Correct 100%

Name the five?

>tfw Elvis is the king of all genres

this

Not him but I can count, post punk, goth rock, emo, hardcore, post hardcore, new wave, metal, pop punk, alternative rock, grunge, noise rock

>tfw punk was created in order for genres all better than punk to be created
truly taking one for the team

The Clash is not an exemple of good punk rock pleb. Get good.

the quads have spoken
true punx btfo

Garage rock > punk rock.

that's why i said it doesnt count as punk, it's early post-punk and it's better than punk

>Punk gave birth to metal

>With the dawn of the 1980s came the birth of heavy metal’s second generation. Still centered primarily in England, this collection of bands earned the moniker the “New Wave of British Heavy Metal,” a play on the name bestowed to the “new wave” sensation in the pop charts. Vanguard acts like Iron Maiden (Hallowed Be Thy Name), Motörhead (Iron Fist), Saxon (Machine Gun), and Diamond Head (Am I Evil?) developed a distinctly new brand of heavy metal. Although heavily inspired by the founding heavy metal bands, the music of these new acts effectively eliminated influence of the blues, instead incorporating elements of late 1970s British punk. The result was a faster and aggressively bombastic sound.

metal.mit.edu/brief-history-metal

How to find old local punk bands

Check if there are any punk/metal bars in your area and follow them on social media. Or google [your town/county name] hardcore punk

Inspired != birthed