When will East Asia become comfy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x-uYu4Qrb_c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it already is

Pretty comfy for me already

I live in a walled city

That's Japan, not Asia

House like those aren't comfy. Color fall downs over a decade and fancy hinge and patterns will look dated as shit after 30 years.

If anything, Japan have already got it right. Simple design, mostly earth-tone colors, minimal pattern and design, and good material that doesn't change colors after 30 years. This is all you need.

I don't understand

are you ok?

I remember looking for homes in Japan and was disappointed at the lack of adequate housing. I'm thinking of buying a large plot of land in the outskirts of Tokyo and planting my WESTERN CASTLE.

I've been all over east Asia and Japan has one of the best housing desu.

If Japan is not asia, What is it?

What is it like in other East Asian countries? Are their housing options generally smaller or more poorly furnished than Japan's? Genuinely curious. I might hold off on that castle-house.

It's just that houses are very rare in China and Korea.

Most people live in apartment type buildings.

Neighborhoods like this with individual houses only exist in Japan.

The rest of Asia is uncomfy

that house is an architectural travesty.

If I buy that house, is the room big?

We have neighborhoods, it's just that we're in a desert.

:vomit:

this is looks like it wouldl literally takes forever to go grocery shopping and would die in a high tide.

That's why you can have a car or use the public transport.
And our polders are safe, we have barriers protecting them and the gulf waters aren't crazy anyways.

Looks like a Californian mcmansion

youtube.com/watch?v=x-uYu4Qrb_c

these are your generic new houses in vietnam.

of course most people have old school shittier ones, but newer suburbs like these are popping up.

pretty cool.

how much for one of these place? old arab style flat roof ones look good but the rest are kinda generic though.

Bullshit. Plenty of that sort of thing (much larger too) in other Asian nations. Japan has the majority living in apartments too. Actually, I'd say most Asian nations have more individual houses than Japan.

these style houses are 400-500k in canadian dollars?

that's dirt cheap here imo and i live in a small city.

The old Arab style ones are pretty expensive.
for rent it's 9074.90 USD per month for the emirati barajeel villa. Which means you need to have a high paying job, or have a wife that also works in a normal paying job.

Japanese living house architecture is much better than suburban American/Canadian architecture, but neighborhoods are uncomfy as can be. Haphazard roads, concrete everywhere, might be living right next to car repair shop because no sensible zoning.

sprawling hellhole

Every single window is different lol. Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer designs a car.

the villas look expensive as fuck, and rent is quite high but normal houses? absolutely would love to stay in one for like a month though.

interesting thing is my uncle rented out a villa-like place in florida for 12k a month to a rich producer (not a rich guy, just an architect obsessed with construction and builds mansions/houses for cheap since he knows how to do most of it himself).

it had a really cool nice arab-mediterrean style to it.

I think it's better off like that because it looks good in the inside.
They are expensive since they are near downtown Dubai, near the beach, have A/C built on, Solar powered etc..
I do live in an Arab style villa but it's not Emirati one, it has domes.

nice, must be living the life.

are people there very showy in general? i've met dubai people here with very rich ($10 million+, one kid had a billionaire dad) parents but the indian ones (a female room-mate with a really rich dad) seem less showy while arab guys love to buy expensive stuff.

lol no it doesn't. Have you been inside an American house? The floorplan is just as haphazard as the exterior. The rooms are cavernous but end up wasting a ton of space because of weird polygonal walls, superfluous leveling differences, banisters guarding nothing, arches that go nowhere, columns that hold up nothing, etc.

Why am I not surprised that gulf Arabs share suburban America's taste in gaudy crap? You two are made for each other.

Who said that's an American house? besides it's a mansion it's supposed to look like that.
Yeah we like showing off, but we also do give expensive gifts to people who we consider nice on occasions.

It's an American house. Trust me.

Here is a mansion. Notice the difference.

You were wrong, it's in Russia.
Most Americans build their houses with wood (even Mansions).

no it isn't, that's an american house

and it looks like utter shit

my bad, didn't read "American style"
I know the house look shit, but the window styling doesn't.

Seconded. American houses are either prefab shacks or these gaudy disneyland-tier imitations of actual quality European architecture.

And they are large because "mansions are large" - but they're just houses at the end of it. Proper mansions are sized that way because they're basically meant to house several family's worth of people at once + guests. They where a replacement for castles when gunpowder made heavy walls and fortifications obsolete. People don't actually use houses even remotely in this fashion anymore however so they just have to "look large" while wasting space.

yanks actually have houses of great architecture in the older inner cities but they don't seem to take much inspiration from them

Oh, and the gardens around it? The fields with forests and hills, and not being visible from the road? That's purely to make it defensible against post-gunpowder attack, but you have to do something with all that space or else it looks weird so people did landscaping and complicated garden arrangements.

Yes, brownstones are utilitarian and also properly aesthetic. Unless they're run-down in which case they're creepy and really shitty to live in.

gook starts bullshitting again

You seem to think 10K$ per month is a normal paying job.
One day we'll crack fusion, it will be fun to see what will happen to your oil countries.