Dear people from england, I fucking hate my country and where it's going and I want to move to england...

Dear people from england, I fucking hate my country and where it's going and I want to move to england. What should I know and be ready for? Would you lads hate me because I was American? I'm white.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4sPj8HhbwHs&t=442s
thelocal.se/20161112/stockholm-transport-heads-defends-gender-equal-snow-clearing
speisa.com/modules/articles/index.php/item.454/sweden-to-become-a-third-world-country-by-2030-according-to-un.html
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/09/nazi-pug-man-arrested-after-teaching-girlfriends-dog-to-perform/
gov.uk/ancestry-visa/overview
immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/about-visa/united-kingdom-working-holiday-visa
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>was American
That doesn't change once you leave, you know.

If you are looking for London, you won't be able to afford decent housing unless you are a banker

As an Englishman who would love to move to America at some point, why the FUCK do you want to come here?

You could just go to New England and it would be very similar, except for more open space, and the ability to use guns.

And no we wouldn't hate you for being American necessarily, as long as you're not a wanker about it. But seriously why the fuck would you want to come to our godforsaken land?

Not true. I used to live in London, and yes rent is expensive, but wages are much higher than anywhere in Britain too.

The main problem of London is, dare I say it, the minorities - and the crime that comes with them. And the pollution. And the lack of green open spaces. Apart from those things, it's alright.

Minus the reddit spacing basically this.
Although I'd argue London has quite a lot of green space.

Are you rich OP? Because prepare for NYC/Bay-tier house prices anywhere worth living.

Americans are stupid, this country is a shithole, I hate our government and the people who run this country, I hate that we're so unnecessarily violent to our own kind. I hate that we bash our own history because of muh slavery. This country is a fucking dumpster fire and i dont want to be here for it.

UK isn't much different. Went back to Horwich (my hometown) over last Christmas and it was a depressing shithole, Bolton and Manchester were horrible too. Couldn't wait to come back home.

The grass is always greener on the other side.
I would love to live here when I'm a bit older (I know this seems retarded because flag) but the kind of houses I would like to (and have grown accustomed to) live in are *at least* £1m.

Also: no bill of rights - no freedom of speech, guns etc. We are pretty cucked on a deep, societal level.

Is there anyway that I can get decent housing in London without being a banker or so? Some of my friends went UCL, LSE, and Imperial and either they were very rich to afford decent housing or were living in some cabinet-size housing. Idk, I know those unis I mentioned are in very center of London (all of them are in zone 1 or so right?) so I suppose it is not as prohibitively expensive once I go out of center.

Btwn, one more question, is New Malden a decent place to live and commute to London? Kinda thinking about living there if I were to get a job in London as I am a Korean and I heard New Malden has Korean groceries and shit

Britain is full of retards. Fuck, nearly every American I met were knowledgeable on things and relatively smart even if they were lefty as fuck. Brits are some of the fucking dumbest people i've met.

I use "Reddit spacing" to try and make it more readable, although actually I think I've overused it in that post. True London does have a fair few green spaces, but it's still a massively built-up urban sprawl for MILES around, and unless you actively seek out one of the green open spaces, you will just see concrete for days on end.

When I was living there I always had a burning urge to get out of the city when I could. I don't think it's healthy to be cooped up inside the urban jungle for too long. Also I've lived in a couple of smaller cities and they're arguably more enjoyable. London is such a gigantic behemoth.

Mate you must realise that we have our own history that is used against us ("MUH COLONIALISM, MUH EMPIRE, YOU MUST ACCEPT REFUGEES, MIGRANTS AND DIVERSITY TO ATONE FOR YOUR SINS").

We're not violent, but it's almost a downside. We're not expressive enough. You know the British "stiff upper lip"? People stay silent about things that annoy them, and it's shit in many ways. As this guy says - - we don't have freedom of speech. You can be arrested or fined over here simply for insulting a Muslim on Twitter. Not so in America of course.

I really don't see why you think our country would be better than yours.

New Malden is fine but pretty much Surrey. For a one bed in zone 2/3 you're looking at quarter of a mill. You could get a nice two bed for that in New Malden I think.

t. literal rural and suburban retard

Depends where you are I guess, and I've made the same mistake myself when typing in the little box (sentences feel like paragraphs) but I basically agree with everything you've said.

England does have some nice points. NHS being one. But I think overall for a middle class person the States is comfier. Different things for different people tho. e.g. I like old buildings.

>pretty much Surrey
Does that mean I would need a car to commute and go to groceries and stuff just like in American suburb?

lol no, you'd be walking distance from everything you need and public transport is decent in London.
I do wonder how you plan on moving over though, unless highly skilled. Immigration is VERY tough here.

>Is there anyway that I can get decent housing in London without being a banker or so? Some of my friends went UCL, LSE, and Imperial and either they were very rich to afford decent housing or were living in some cabinet-size housing. Idk, I know those unis I mentioned are in very center of London (all of them are in zone 1 or so right?) so I suppose it is not as prohibitively expensive once I go out of center.
Living in Zone 1 is basically only for rich people. I lived in Zone 1 for a bit, in a tiny flat, because I loved the fact it was so central. Because it was tiny, it was affordable to me, but it was still very expensive compared to what you can get in Zone 2 (or Zone 3 if you want to save a bit more). I've lived in a couple other places, one in Zone 2 and one in Zone 3. Zone 3 was too far out for me. Zone 2 was good, probably the best balance. Obviously it depends on what you can afford.

>Btwn, one more question, is New Malden a decent place to live and commute to London? Kinda thinking about living there if I were to get a job in London as I am a Korean and I heard New Malden has Korean groceries and shit
Interesting. I've not been there, although I have been through that sort of area quite a few times (Kingston etc.) It's up to you. Do you know anyone else in London? If so then you might want to be near them, or at least at a reasonable distance from them.

I would just say pick a place that you think you would enjoy living in. That's the most important factor. I have lived in places I fucking hated, purely because I was rushed into the decision, and then I regretted it, but I had to put up with it. Then with subsequent places, I was like "yes this is a cool place, I would like to live here, even if it's a little more expensive, I can still afford it, and I like the place". So yeah. Make sure you think it's a place you'd like.

If you're currently living in America, why do you want to go to London? There's tons of great cities in America.

This is bait isn't it

Sounds good. It sounds much more sensible than many American suburbs
>how you plan on moving over though
One day, I kinda dream of moving to London as a professor or researcher (I am doing STEM thing and am in the middle of my research career) for a few years or several years. I am also thinking about Edinburgh as well

>Zone 2
How do I expect my rent to be if I were to live in a studio or one bedroom
>why do you want to go to London
Well I kinda want to work in Europe for a few to several years just to experience 'different' places. Nothing special. I am thinking about either the UK or Germany if I were to go to Europe for work in future.

>NHS being one
Eh, I don't really give a shit about the NHS, I've basically never used it. And obviously in America most people get health coverage with their job.

>But I think overall for a middle class person the States is comfier.
I just think it offers so much more freedom. So much open space, such a gigantic country, so many different climates. If you don't like one part of the country you can just up and move to another. Buy a ranch or something. You can't do that over here.

>e.g. I like old buildings.
America has lots of old buildings though, dating back to the early 1600s in Virginia / New England from the first colonies. Obviously it depends what part of the country you're in, but lots of their towns and cities have a history of a couple hundred years or more.

You think New England is similar to England at all? I've heard otherwise from brits.

What's the comfiest city to live in in England? And it has to be a city I wouldn't get attacked for being a spurs fan

Compared to major american cities, London has a lot more parks

>Zone 2
>How do I expect my rent to be if I were to live in a studio or one bedroom
New Malden is Zone 4 by the way. I dunno, have a look on websites, SpareRoom.co.uk is a good one. Last place I lived in Zone 2 cost me about £700 a month, which is pretty steep I guess, but I was making enough to afford it, and I thought the place was alright, so I was happy with that really. Although that was a room in a houseshare by the way. So a studio or one bedroom flat all to yourself, that's going to be quite a bit more expensive I would have thought. Although then again I have seen some before that weren't that bad. So yeah have a look on that site.

>Well I kinda want to work in Europe for a few to several years just to experience 'different' places. Nothing special. I am thinking about either the UK or Germany if I were to go to Europe for work in future.
Fair.

I want to move to the UK too. All of my grandparents were born Scottish citizens, would this give me any priority with immigration? Also, I am a plumber by trade, how would it be finding work over there?

That's a good question. I'm a diesel mechanic by trade, would it be hard to find work over there?

>All of my grandparents were born Scottish citizens, would this give me any priority with immigration?
I think it's parents only. Push for CANZUK.

Well I've never been to America. I'm just saying that because the climate is pretty similar - well, it's definitely the place in America with the most similar climate to Britain. Obviously the culture is different - better in New England, I would have thought. There's literally nothing to gain from being in actual England as opposed to New England. Our country is smaller, with much less variety, far fewer opportunities, far fewer climates and environments, far less space, etc. It makes zero sense to me why an American would want to come here really. London is an alright city, but arguably it's just a shitter version of New York. What do we have that New York doesn't? Old buildings like Big Ben I guess, but that's hardly a reason to live somewhere. You get bored of those things in a week. They might be reasons to *visit* London, sure, but for working and living, America surely has more opportunities and more variety. Think of all the different sorts of cities you can live in - New York, Boston, Atlanta, San Francisco, Seattle, Austin, etc. Such a wide array of exotic locations really.

Also look at picture related - the average wage of a US citizen, both in nominal $ value and when adjusted for purchasing power, is quite a bit higher than in Britain.

I'm not saying Britain's a bad country, I just don't see what it offers that America doesn't.

Surely the only reason for a North American to come here is if you're offered a big money job, like Mark Carney was (Canadian guy who is the head of the Bank of England). There are also some Americans who head some of the British banks, e.g. Barclays.

Yeah you might be right there I guess. London does have a fair few parks. But still, London does just feel quite claustrophobic I think, trapped in the middle of a big urban sprawl.

Better move to the countryside.

True, america has more variety but theres nothing like london in the US. In terms of architectural beauty, it can't be matched. The history makes a huge difference. American cities are grids. There arent alleys and cobblestone side streets lined with shops. American alleys are where crimes occur.

I'm surprised that you don't already know this, but Brits are terrible people who hate everyone, including themselves. They're not at all like normal people who can easily find unity in nation/ethnicity/whatever.

I'm a Southerner so London is the place to go for me. We're a bit of a weird country, because no other city compares to the size of London. Birmingham is the second largest city, but it's about a quarter the size of London (2 million vs 8 million people)

I've heard good things about Manchester, especially for young people, and it's a pretty big city, but again, not as big as London.

Like I've said here - - there's basically nothing that Britain has which the US doesn't. If you want the British climate (God knows why the hell you'd want that), you've got similar climates in America. But you've also got so much more variety in America, it's an entire continent, whereas we're just a tiny island. And obviously America is the most important economy in the world - no matter what industry you want to work in, the best opportunities for it are in America.

I'm sure you'd be able to find work. Our economy, apparently, is growing, at the same sort of rate as the US economy.

Obviously Brexit is a big thing and we don't really know exactly what the ramifications will be, but I severely doubt it'll be catastrophic. We've got a very strong economy and we're one of the most politically stable nations on Earth, so no matter what happens, I doubt our economy is going to completely collapse. But I guess it could decline if things don't go exactly as we'd hoped. And like I keep saying, I have no idea why a North American would ever want to come to Britain in the first place, because we're just like you but with fewer opportunities. Imagine if the US was just New England. It's like that.

What if I want to live in a nice country neighborhood where it was quiet, would it cost a whole lot? Would I be able to find work? And would i be hated for being a spurs fan?

True, but like I say, is that really a reason to move to a place, rather than just visit? Also London has its fair share of crime. Tons of ethnic minorities in London - no surprise to tell you that blacks commit the most crime. This summer there have been surges in two new types of crime - 1) moped thefts, particularly of mobile phones, where teenagers (mostly non-white) drive up onto the kerb on a moped, steal your phone, then drive off, and 2) acid attacks, which for some reason keep happening.

Nah I don't hate myself, I'm proud of Britain. I hope for greater things for the future, especially with Brexit, hopefully we will get some great new trade deals to really become a global economic powerhouse. But who knows.

I mean seriously Sven, did Sweden ever establish colonies all around the world which turned into the most prosperous nations on planet Earth? Uh, no. No you didn't.

Yeah, but you're a weirdo on Sup Forums. AND your post is full of hate, proving my point.

Do swedes love themselves?

Move to Scotland or something
England is turning into a Muslim country
It sounds like a meme but when the population gets big enough they will start taking political power and fuck everything up forever

A little too much probably, but yeah. I think most people do.

Probably not. Although I think properties are a little more expensive over here, and also petrol is quite a bit more expensive (only because it's so ridiculously cheap in America). But in terms of everything else, I don't think Britain is a terribly expensive place to live. Could be wrong though. I guess you'd probably find work, I don't know, I'm not an expert on the field of diesel mechanics, but people always need their vehicles fixing right? No you wouldn't be hated for being a Spurs fan, unless you go up to an Arsenal fan and shout in their face.

Diesel is for things more like big trucks and heavy machinery

Sweden hates itself so much that it's committing national suicide by bringing in every single migrant in the world.

Seriously, Sweden has no contest when it comes to literally destroying your own country with migrants.

Loving yourself is a good thing. Good job, sweden.

some places are built like Europe in New England because they were made before cars.
Most of american cities were designed after cars so there are no city squares, giant highways, and urban sprawl for miles.
>be american
>have to drive to do literally anything

You're projecting.

>be Swedish
>taught to hate self
>100 years goes by and Swedish people voluntarily go extinct
Its pretty much confirmed that Sweden will be a third world Muslim shithole soon.
I hope it happens faster so other countries can learn from your mistakes

Again, projection. You're afraid of native americans being replaced by something else and don't actually know anything about Sweden.

I'm different. I know things.

youtube.com/watch?v=4sPj8HhbwHs&t=442s
When 50% of your population is people like this and 50% of people are Muslims what do you think will happen?

>Lose argument
>Spam Sup Forums memes

Amusing but ineffective.

>MUH COLONIALISM, MUH EMPIRE
It's true actually.
>YOU MUST ACCEPT REFUGEES, MIGRANTS AND DIVERSITY
You did it yourself with empire, London had a significant amount of Indians in 1920s already.

thelocal.se/20161112/stockholm-transport-heads-defends-gender-equal-snow-clearing
defend this.

>Also, I am a plumber by trade, how would it be finding work over there?
No chance, poles, balts occupy it all.

speisa.com/modules/articles/index.php/item.454/sweden-to-become-a-third-world-country-by-2030-according-to-un.html
Your country is literally falling apart because you are not allowed to criticize Muslims
I'm Glad my Great Great grandparents got out of that shithole

>bringing in every single migrant in the worl
Unfortanutely, not really. Sweden was good to get asylum in 90s, but not anymore. In 90s they believed any coolatory you told them, now you need to have real proofs you are persecuted. Canada or Australia are the easiest countries to move to now.

Yes I know that. Also half of our cars run on diesel, which I believe is rather rare in America isn't it? Although diesels are under particular scrutiny right now for pollution, with places like London considering pollution charges to try and stop people driving them into the city. Also our government wants to ban the sale of all petrol and diesel cars by 2040. But they'll be around for a while.

I figure by the time cars become all electric, I'll be at the point in my life where I can be an instructor

Driving is awesome though.

I'm stating the facts mate, you're the one who started this by saying Brits hate themselves, and I don't believe Brits hate themselves more than Swedes do, since your country is far more cucked than ours.

Jej.

That's a stereotype. Not every plumber is a Pole for Christ's sake. And not ever Pole is a plumber either.

They're still taking in tons of Africans.

Driving around suburbs isn't fun.
America is still based in my opinion because of the first amendment
Every time I hear about some guy getting arrested for shit like this it makes my murican freedom boner shrink
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/09/nazi-pug-man-arrested-after-teaching-girlfriends-dog-to-perform/

I wouldn't hate you but I've no clue why you'd want to come here

Will this rich New England Bernout fuck off already.

Enjoy your cramped little Mudslime-filled island with an Orwellian nanny state.

>Would you lads hate me because I was American
No that's a meme, the fashionable foreigner to hate right now is muslims

>Well I've never been to America. I'm just saying that because the climate is pretty similar - well, it's definitely the place in America with the most similar climate to Britain
New England's weather really isn't that much like the UK's, in part because of the air flow from Canada. Winters average about 10F colder in Boston than London, and places like New Hampshire, which are further inland and don't get the moderating effect of the ocean are way colder than that.

The Pacific Northwest will have a closer climate to the UK as it gets air coming in from the ocean which means mild, rainy winters where snow is rare (in the coastal belt, inland as you approach the Cascades, winters get a lot colder).

Both regions get markedly hotter summer weather than the UK with high humidity.

Fuck off Paddy

Yes, you could be eligible for the Ancestral visa

gov.uk/ancestry-visa/overview

I've no idea why we haven't closed this loophole. It isn't as though British citizens get special consideration anywhere else.

Well you do here at least. And why close it, we're good immigrants...swear on me nan :^)

immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/about-visa/united-kingdom-working-holiday-visa

wtf I had no idea that's a thing
>muh heritage

Aren't those working visas available to anyone?

You guys can get up to two years. We have it with most other first world countries, but the others only get 12 months.

very nice.

we have laxest conditions and longest visa, but yeah

Fair enough, I suppose at least NZ tries to take it seriously.

dumb weeb cunt your grandad would weep if he saw you posting this shite

Lel somebody's a bit triggered. I hate Anime mate, just thought it was a topical picture.

We were always the most loyal people in the British Empire. We were the last dominion to enact the statute of westminster, since we wanted to keep the empire going.

Nah you love a bit of anime

Considering what Britain did to my ancestors for 700 years, I wouldn't honor them by moving there.

fuck off self-loathing american
you are such a blight upon our great nation

>muh heritage

PLASTIC