ITT: post times the good guys won

underdogs don't neccesarily mean good guys

in this case though, it did.
Both times.

i'm still waiting for an example

Warriors every year for the next decade

But the Giants were the good guys both times

This

its weird to think that jerry is just this powerful bisexual who can fuck anybody he wants

still looking for an American football example and not finding one

dubs confirm all "examples" itt are wrong

The '07 Pats and the '85 Bears have the same record! You should be happy!

>giants
>good guys
sure, brady/belichick are shitbags, and relatively it's good they won, but it's like cheering the soviets after beating the nazis
eli and the giants are the least deserving champions ever. what were they, 9-7 and 10-6? they're a joke, a team that got a bunch of lucky plays and everything fell their way
eli sucks and everyone knows it, even if he gets on a few hot streaks
nobody is happy they won, everyone is happy the pats lost

I'm not a Pats fan, you pleb.

You shut your mouth, the Giants were /ourguys/ for beating the Pats. Brady would have 7 (seven) rings without them

>A team wins 3 road playoff games
>knocks off Rodgers and Favre in Lambeau
>One of which was a 15-1 Packers team
>had to beat the 18-0 Pats with Randy Moss
>lucky

fuck off

when they are underdogs in every game, yes, it is luck. that Packers team was in 2011 btw, not 2007, and blew chunks on defense, as did the '11 Patriots.

Or they were underrated

beating teams with shitty defense is luck?

See

Nothing will ever top the 2011 Mavs

pic related, the 2007 Gints weren't underrated

when you have an equally terrible defense as the Giants did in '11 (sensing a theme about that year?) it might as well be.

In 2011 the wrong teams went to the SB. The Ravens were much better than the Pats that year due their defense, and the same with the 49ers team that played the Gints. Plus back-to-back Harbowls would have been amazing to watch.

This game ended the Ravens meme

>seahawks
>good guys
good goys maybe

now THERE is an example of the good guys winning

also pic related

Patriots used to be the bad guys, now they've turned into the good guys. A model of excellence and longevity rarely seen in sports anymore. In 2007 they were the evil machine that seemed unstoppable. Giants were the underdog nobodies that were given no chance at all. They weren't necessarily a good guy story, but they had a lot of good characters like Michael Strahan, punished Eli, Justin Tuck and dipshit Plaxico Burress. Nobody was likeable on the Patriots then. Brady wasn't elite until that season and Randy Moss was seen as a lazy quitter after being a potential GOAT. He ended up with one of the greatest WR seasons ever, but still couldn't get his ring.

Everyone laughed at the Pats, then laughed again when they shit the bed against the Giants AGAIN, but then went on to win two more Super Bowls in what can amount to underdog circumstances. Brady is seen as the GOAT, nobody cares about deflategate, everyone loves Gronk and Edleman. They aren't seen as the bad guys anymore.

>they aren't seen as the bad guys anymore
not if you ask Sup Forums

Heck even 2011 was questionable in the Patriots being the bad guys. They had the whole Myra Kraft thing going for them

Patriots are still the most hated team in the NFL. They have a history of cheating and that will never go away. Brady will never be the undisputed GOAT. The shadiness around him and the organization will always follow his legacy.

i'm not sure what you're trying to imply/argue
the team was barely .500 and won a few games in improbable plays
entertaining? you're damn right
lucky? certainly
deserving? eh

They are deserving champions. They won huge playoff games with strong defense. If they didn't deserve to win, then why didn't the other teams just blow them out?

>Red Sox
>good guys

I'm glad they won a series, but come on

no, i just mean as a neutral fan who doesn't like the pats or the giants, i can admit that single elimination playoffs make for strange occurrences
the giants weren't even close to the best team in the league either year they won recently. neither were the packers or the ravens when they won.
i guess football rewards mediocrity in the regular season as long as you show up in the playoffs.
the giants deserve their trophy because they won it fair and square, but you're kidding yourself if you think they were really that good.

>New York
Good goys you mean

they beat the Yankees down in just about the worst playoff circumstances in history, then another 100-win team (the Cards.) They were the ultimate /ourguys/.

>a fuck leaf
The Patriots were ALWAYS the bad guys. Asshole QB and Head Coach along with the fact they cheat, and unlike the Raiders who embraced the stigma, they go into full damage control and always claim they didn't do anything wrong while getting bailed out by refball and the league constantly.

They were the good guys for that year only even though a lot of their players were unlikeable, which made their into the villains instantaneously.

The Cubs are managing to keep their likeability up so they haven't fallen into the role of the bad guy just yet.

The Cubs keep their good guy status due to 108 years of karma building up. One more win in the next 2 years and I say they shift into bad guy status

brady asked for his home field's balls to be very slightly deflated and the coaching staff recorded signals from the wrong part of the stadium. it's just not that big of a deal, man

>Equipment tampering throughout the season which lead to the Patriots having the same fumble percentage as a dome team
>Caught sign stealing multiple times and also stealing playbooks of opposing teams.
>League does a massive cover up having the Patriots destroy the tapes and other evidence and silencing potential witnesses that were willing to testify against them.
Patriots are the villains of the NFL, and not in a fun way like the Raiders were. It's institutionalized evil.

Unless some of their players outside of Lackey turn into real assholes and they start picking fights, the bench clearing type, I can't see them being the villains even if they do build a dynasty.

The last time a Cub threw a punch was Barret and that was over a decade ago.

t. Angry Jew York kike oblivious to how much everyone else hates Mara and his back office shenanigans

As a pats fan, the good guys won here. That eagles team was so likeable

The good guys walked off the field in defeat in Lambeau that year, thanks to the old shitty overtime rules.

Favre was /ourguy/ and the last great white hope and deserved to end it with a ring (He probably would've retired right there). Eli is a petulant little baby who didn't want to play for the Chargers and had daddy and John Mara pull the strings to get him onto an unlikable Giants team full of criminals. Them upsetting the 07 Patriots would've been much better than more NY vs Boston shit, and the Super Bowl would've been a much more exciting high flying struggle than another defensive slog for 3 and a half quarters with a generic last minute drive comeback.

Also, I'd rather have seen the Patriots beat the Giants in 2011. Ochocinco and Welker deserved rings much more than Mara's crime family, Ocho in particular was also /ourguy/ who represented one of the last great WR willing to flaunt their dick in the face of an increasingly No Fun league.

That WS was interesting because the Indians weren't really "bad guys" either. They were also a troubled franchise with a rough history. It was a really fun series to watch.

Favre didn't deserve shit. He threw away that game on a stupid INT. He would have lost under the current OT rules too. He had multiple chances at a second ring, but he couldn't throw an accurate ball under pressure.

That truly was the year of the underdog.

>Anyone liking the Puckers

>ever

The packers and their fanbase are a cancer

>The good guys walked off the field in defeat in Lambeau that year, thanks to the old shitty overtime rules.
They still would have lost in current OT rules because Favre blew the first possession.

>New Jersey fans cannot stop living in the past

the bowl against the falcons was obviously rigged. i've never seen such a massive collapse in my life. it's like the falcons had a completely different team with surgically altered faces hiding in the locker room.

>Old Man Favre throwing INTs
>15-1 with the worst defense in the league that year.

Nah, you fuck off

Honestly this, 18-1 and the Saints are the best examples.

Fuck the Steelers.

>from New York
All nullified by that

If pat's one every game expect the final, then I'm assuming this tournament they won was a straight knockout competition?

what does that mean? outside of baseball we're a pretty mediocre sports state.

>red sux
>good guys

Being cursed by the GOAT doesn't make you an underdog

Giants have a long history of winning Owls they don’t deserve. The best team in a given season doesn’t always win the SB, but have the Giants ever won one where you look at their season as a whole and think, “yeah, the best team won here.”

Giants were not underdogs in 2011. They were easily a better team that year than the Pats

Was 2007 the best NFL season ever?

Yes, their record was 18-1 that season

Came here to post this.

Also the best CFB season

I also like corndogs.

How anyone could root against the Pats when they were playing for Mama Goat is beyond me.

when the fuck did the jags drop 44 points on the ravens?

>Weather: rain 43/36
FUCK SUMMER WHY CAN'T IT BE WINTER COLD AND COMFY TIRED OF 90F

London game.

>tfw can't post a Confederate flag itt

Because she raised a cheater.

>>institutionalized evil
>>not fun

???

Okay buddy.

are the jags finally good again or are the ratbirds that bad?

>t. Republican

The only correct answer

He said good guys, not gay guys.

>Manning
>Good guys

This sounds more like you're trying to convince yourself rather than me.

Ratbirds that bad, so far the Jags have schooled two defensive teams but got trashed themselves by the Titans at home.

In 1986 they went 14-2 and made every post season team they faced look like trash. They beat the Redskins and 49ers by a combined margin of 66-3. Also their linebacker won MVP, one of two defensive players ever to do so alongside Alan Page.

Fine, a majority of their Owls then.

>nation of babykillers and degenerates
>the good guys

How the fuck do you not consider Rax the good guy?

What good has he done?

>Cubs
>Good Guys

In 1990, they were 13-3 and fairly dominate in a division with two 10 win teams besides NY, they were among the superbowl favorites until their starting QB was injured. Though, due to their extremely slow offense strategy to combat the extremely fast K-Gun of the Bills, having a weaker QB wasn't as big of a setback as it could have been.

>It's fine if it was only sort of cheating as long as it benefited my team

Mavs vs. Heat were the ultimate good vs. evil Finals.

They beat the Packers both times.

>Equipment tampering throughout the season which lead to the Patriots having the same fumble percentage as a dome team
If the equipment tampering throughout the season was so rampant, why were the referees that entire season not capable of identifying said tampering? Are they so inept at their jobs that they couldn't notice a deflated football until the Colts locker room made a complaint during halftime of the AFCCG? In addition to that, the second half of the AFCCG was played with completely legally inflated footballs and the Colts STILL got BTFO in the second half, meaning that if you wanted to void the results of the first half the Colts would have still lost.

>Caught sign stealing multiple times and also stealing playbooks of opposing teams.
Every team does that and has been doing it for decades. Hell, teams sometimes pick up free agents precisely to learn information about opposing teams, even though that's technically not allowed.

>>League does a massive cover up having the Patriots destroy the tapes and other evidence and silencing potential witnesses that were willing to testify against them.
You're hitting conspiratard territory now. If the league were so "protective" of the Patriots then Deflategate and Spygate would have never seen the light of day. The fact of the matter is the league has a consistent bias against the Patriots, or, more precisely, Goodell (a former Jets PR manager) does.

>As a Pats fan
>Seeing the Gnats as the bad guys
I thought after Owl LI you guys said the bad taste left by the Gnats was cleansed. I still think that Owl haunts your dreams.