is this a bot or something? so many hacksaw threads today

Hackposting has begun user, and you've witnessed it

nice try

Oh my fucking god

>

I refuse to believe you saw this in theatres

it's dubs, then

>THAT FEELING WHERE he was right all the time

OP, what exactly did you hate about Hacksaw?

I heard Vince Vaughn wasn't great, but haven't heard anything else really bad about it.

But you haven't watched this on theater, you watched a shitty screener of it on your garbage laptop

wat?

it's boring at the beginning but it gets good. you should've stayed YOU FUCK

>But it gets good

Hacksaw is the the best movie of 2016

I will fucking fight you OP

I saw it in theaters and besides a very slow first act it was quite a decent war film.

The real soldier it was based on actually did more unbelievably crazy shit that they had to leave out, simply because the audience would have thought it was too "fake". They did compress a 3-week battle into two days but the number of men he carried out was accurate.

In theaters the artillery and gunshots sounded fantastic on a proper sound system. The combat half of the film was way more intense than "We were soldiers".

That one airburst scene right at the start of fighting when you see a line of marines just drop as if they were puppets who had their strings cut was pretty intense. Shrapnel just cut through the top of their helmets effortlessly and those fuckers had no chance.

:o

i thought this was a serious film

HOLY SHIT

this is what a snyder directed captain america would look like

That actually happened, although it was a different soldier on a different day in Okinawa.

Same as the soldier going back to get the bible.

Same as slapping away and kicking away the grande barrage scene.

Same as delaying the attack to give the MC time to pray (in the film higher ranking officers asked "What is going on, why haven't you commenced the attack" but in real life the higher up officers supported his prayer and waited for him to finish.

tl;dr

Gibson thought about leaving out the "corpse shield" scene but this was witnessed by many veterans as one of the most fucked up things that occurred on Okinawa, and it was specifically mentioned in the book.

>Same as slapping away and kicking away the grande barrage scene.

Holy fucking crap, for real? I'm guessing it wasn't Desmond that did it.

But still, that's nuts.

I dropped a grenade, blew off my legs and had my friend carry my upper body out using me as a shield while fighting off hoards of Hackson fans throwing popcorn at us while we ran to the exit. War is hell.

Never walked out of a movie. I have stopped watching something at home on Netflix but I feel like walking out of a movie is a waste of money and would probably feel like a bigger waste of time than just sitting through it.

The character who bullied him during training and carried the BAR (and meat shield) was a composite of several real soldiers.

The meat shield corpse was a long-dead soldier from an earlier battle on the ridge (it had waged for weeks and bodies were all over.

Surprisingly the only events that were fabricated were the ones earlier in the film (he married his wife before enlisting, and she was not a nurse until later, and also the violent confrotnation played out differently).

Also the real ridge was lower than the one in the film. What the film left out is the the pacifist medic was actually one of the soldiers who originally climbed up and secured the cargo net "ladder' in the first place.

>real events make believable movie moments and good storytelling

> Some guy picked up half a corpse, and with his infinite ammo, zero recoil BAR, and pinpoint accuracy while hipfiring with one arm, mowed down a bunch of Japs while not getting hit himself. Also, the corpse he was holding onto stopped a bunch of 7.7 Arisaka rounds

Get out of here with that shit

Jason Bourne 2015. I didn't even want to see it I was dragged into it. Fell asleep, woke up, walked out

It was shit, yeah. The 2nd half was only good because of all the action.

I AM A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE AND SHOW MY INDIVIDUALITY BY LEAVING ENTERTAINMENT I PAID TO WATCH BEFORE THE END CREDITS, CERTAINLY I AM NOT LYING FOR INTERNET POINTS

The problem as the real events were too unbelievable (such as the meat shield) and people mistook them for hollywood fabrications.

Hollywood embellished that scene but the soldier did advance while carrying the corpse while providing covering fire (it was doubtful he actually hit anyone like he did in the film).

None of the guns had correct recoil in the film because they were all firing blanks obviously. Recoil is very difficult to replicate with blanks. Without a projectile leaving the barrel there is no muzzle flip or anyhting else.

Then why did you walk out of the theater? I thought you hated it?

I am not op. There are more than two people in the thread you fucking retard.

>I have no tastes and will basically sit through anything

>zero recoil BAR

Fired a full-auto BAR on three consecutive days a few summers ago. Because of the weight of the weapon, the recoil is surprisingly light for a .30-06. It was extremely easy to fire and very smooth to handle. I fired at least a dozen mags from the hip and the shoulder.

I've fired nearly all US-UK-German WWII infantry weapons at this point (except an M50 Reising, a M1941 Johnson rifle and one or two others), and no doubt, if I had fought in WW2, I would have wanted a BAR above any other weapon.

Dude get this shit through your head. Unlike real life, good fiction has rules in order to maintain believability. Just because Jimmy threw a grenade that blew a bayonet through 10 Germans that caused a chain reaction that destroyed 5 Tiger tanks on D Day and it really did happen, it doesn't mean that it should be forced into a film when it doesn't work for the story.

All the audience will think from that scene is "is this guy retarded?" And it detracts from the "seriousness" of the tone.

It was in the book, so it was in the film.

Take it up with the Doss family if it upsets you.

I second this

I thought that shit jammed all the time and was pretty unreliable?

vid.me/MT2z

I thought it was pretty badly cast...

vince vaughn and andrew garfeld being the most out of place

kek

is this a fucking joke

>people are not known to lie about shit to make themselves appear in a better way, no sir
>soldiers never lied about anything ever
>officers, generals etc. won't glorify lies to make their soldiers look better, never in a hundred years
Lmao at you cucks
Holocaust is somehow debatable though, right? THEN those accounts of soldiers are flimsy at best and need to be scrutinized under microscopes, some dumbass using a corpse as a functional shield against gunfire, oh that? That totally happened.

Can you name a better movie that came out in 2016?

The screener leaked a day or two ago

Mel Hackson let it into the film. He allowed the guy to defy physics. I blame him. I blame you for being 16 and believing everything you need in books. Remember the 6 gorillion goy.

>Holocaust is somehow debatable though, right?

Oh fuck, so now Sup Forums is here? Where did you pull that out from?

>such as the meat shield
Did he gun down 100 japs while using the meat shield? Did he run into japs? Like it is shown by this movie OR did he use it as protection to use suppression fire?
>it's real though
Yeah, right, just like Fargo

>badass and skilled American soldiers allow 2 POWs to hold grenades in their hands in full view of said armed soldiers without shooting on sight
>First jap's grenade flies out of his hand from fuse charge
>next shot it is back in hand and he throws it

BRAVO
R
A
V
O

MEL

Talking about the believability of soldier's accounts, diaries, whatever they talk about what they saw and did in a war, sweetheart

B-but muh context, should've seen it in a theatre, you would've loved it then, for some reason

Mel "Fuck it we're gonna keep the first take" Gibson

This can't be fucking real

To beat the jew you must become the jew. Two takes are too expensive haim.

Are you seriously arguing that film makers should disregard medal of valor citations and first hand witnesses because "it might be government propaganda and the soldiers probably lied"?

Do you prefer entirely made up war films like saving private Ryan or Hurt Locker?

It is though, 'based on a true story', it was written down in a book, ti has to be. No way it's not. BASED mel didn't even direct those scenes, he built a time machine and recorded the actual battle scenes

How about sticking to the stories? Did they mention how that meat shield guy shot 20 japs while having his meat shield, you fucking idiot? and why not try to leave out the obvious lies?

There are first hand witnesses of aliens and big foot and those people weren't traumatized from war, so those testimonies are probably more accurate

Propaganda, son, ever heard about that?

>Hollywood embellished that scene
and soldiers embellish their achievements all the time.

I think he's arguing, like I was, that a war movie that prides itself in "authenticity" and "grounded" combat should that include a scene that might push beyond the limits of the audience's suspension of disbelief even if the event actually occurred in real life.
I think you might have autism.

>mfw they had to tone down the movie because the shit he did was so crazy test audiences didn't believe it was real

really fires the neurons

>They had to tone it down so people would believe it
>Keeps this in
Really makes you think

I wish they had kept the scene where he was carrying people off the battlefield in the middle of a Japanese tank attack. That would have been straight A neat.

turning off the dvd screener on your laptop is not 'walking out of the theater'

Yeah and the part where the one guy bounced a grenade off of a Japs head, and it lands in the open hatch of a tank, where it explodes from the inside, destroying it. Can't believe they left that part out

Would have been kino, alas...

my god, you people not only enjoyed this movie but also found nothing wrong with it? Anyone that wasnt cringing during this entire film is a 15 year old tool who's opinion on movies is worthless
>inb4 jew
>inb4 mel hater
>inb4 watched it on an Apple Watch
Im from Sup Forums , I own Braveheart and Apocolypto, and I saw this in theatres.
This movie flat out sucked and I was so disappointed after reading the reviews

This entire thread is shitting on the movie you dumb fuck

>i can't read
>i'm retarded
Wow what in the fuck is wrong with yo-
>Im from Sup Forums
Oh that explains it.

Just finished watching this, best movie of 2016.

Anyone who doesn't agree is just a liberal numale faggot that should be lined up against a wall and raped to death by a tribe of nigger cannibals

It's a problem with the anti-Hacksaw Ridge fanbase. They see some mythical faction of people that love the movie (that doesn't really exist on Sup Forums) and then rail against it in some weird echo chamber every single thread.

It's kind of bizarre.

THIS.

Vince Vaughn is a vision in this masterpiece, no, magnum opus by the great director and artiste Mel Gibson.

I agree. The movie was badass and about struggle, valor and sacrifice. An inspiration to real men. Faggots need not apply.

Damn the new Gears of War movie looks sick!

yea looks like I have trouble reading.Both you faggots need to neck yourselves

The closest I ever came to walking out.

>b-but it was in the book!
No!

In the book a soldier uses a torso as a meat shield while providing suppressive fire. He didn't run towards the enemy nor did he mow anyone down.

Is there a "laughably grandiose embellishment of American soldier's fighting" trope?

you should have taken some kind of psychedelic, this movie was the shit on mushrooms

>HACKposting has already reached this level

Fury Road was the shit on mushrooms. Felt like I was in the movie

>ywn be this btfo

youtube.com/watch?v=C_vRQv0cbao

Man he really shit on this. I know I've never been in war before, but I'd bet my balls that SPR is way more accurate. Mel's went from some corny video game cut scene to a cheesy jump scare to another corny video game cut scene.

Damn what a disappointment this movie was, and personally I thought his last movie "Blood Father" was actually pretty decent in most regards, good location scouting for the scenery, good acting, interesting and enveloping characters and story line, good pacing and no excessive scene cuts, which begs the question why does Hacksaw fail to flesh itself out and why is it unable to refrain from an unsteady lightning pace on the tracks of its plagiarized plot lines, god help this movie if it included text for introduction to location and time period changes, the after affect which creates a blur and a distant feeling of the stops the plots, locations and characters the movie wishes the viewer to connect with.

Normally I'm able to contain my expectations in the face of general internet buzz and Sup Forums hype, but I'm a sucker for war movies and it doesn't help my perception of HACKsaw because Saving Private Ryan is one of my all time favourite movies and I'm not a woman or a homosexual, I'll tell you right now that women will love this movie and it will sell and rate well among their gender and probably giving it the sales to make it a "successful" movie, with the assistance of the notebook style true love copy paste story line they added for their poofter vanilla, yet still sickly sweet, main "man", who of course is from some hick backwaters country who loved the wilderness, his family and all life maaaan. The chick was pretty hot though.

Everything in the movie felt extremely constricted in terms of vision, forethought and scale, the cinematography, the locations and even down to the availability of numerous extras, the scene where they are marching into Okinawa and they pass a retreating battle company and we are shown Mel's lack of available and quality props, as the retreating "battalion" forces our leading company off the four meter road as we are gifted with suffocating...

[1]

close up shots of their "armaments", three flimsy looking machine guns, and a handful of extras, with a couple of piles of fake looking corpses with a few extras sprinkled on top. The scene with the original invasion of the white cliff wall and the tight shot of the rope wall. The original battle scene of the leading company as the scale and props are covered with fog, all still with no release or true envelopment in the form of a bird shot view or a continuous shot.

I could forgive a good romantic war movie where the action and scenery was lacking and hidden with tricks, but the fact of the matter is the characters sucked too, their introductions and interactions felt rushed, unnatural and disney-like. When we first see vanilla man introduced to his company we are greeted with a big white Hollywood cock attached to an Adonis manlet like man, followed by the "characters" walking up one by one and giving their character archetype information to the leading man in succession as they all seem to be magnetized towards his blandness and lack of presence in terms of meaningful dialogue and charisma. The main couple relationship is self explanatory in its tastelessness. And I wonder why the drill sergeant wasn't allowed more time for Vince-posting because his lines and character were formed with cookie cutter, which made his aggression and character almost comical.

>Meh movie it's made for metro-sexual millennials who want their own Saving Private Ryan , not worth watching more than once to say that you have, good for getting away with watching a "war" movie with your girlfriend. or black boyfriend
>Even the soil and mud was poorly crafted
>6.1/10

[2]

everything you said was spot on. cheers m8-o

what a dumb b movie imao

DUDE PEOPLE DIE IN WAR LOL
DUDE LOVE LOL

Basically sums this movie up.

Nothing but Jewish faggots tonight I see.
WW2 was not about you.
youtu.be/xvXAZhGngVY

also it was pretty pathetic how they struggled to include the main character in battle scenes with his pacifist act

>MY TIME IS WORTHLESS AND I WILL AT NO POINT CUT MY LOSSES AND GO DO ANYTHING ELSE BESIDE SIT THROUGH SOMETHING I THOROUGHLY AM NOT ENJOYING
How do you feel like its less of a waste after you sat through it retard? You don't like the movie any more and you pissed away lets say 40 extra minutes. Does sitting there hating the movie for that extra half an hour make you feel like it was a better purchase?

My dumb friends liked it. wanted to see it again with me.

seeing the whole thing makes you appear more credible to dumb faggots when you tell them its shit.

When anyone with a three digit IQ would know it's shit by reading the premise alone.

IF IT WAS MADE MORE REALISTIC, WOULD IT FLOP?