Which was the best?

Which was the best?

I'm not talking about the actors, or the quality of the films themselves.

I'm just talking about the suits.

Also, please no cartoon or comic book shit, and no parodies. I'm talking about real suits that real actors wore in official, live action Batman films.

Yes, I know there are other suits like Kilmer's sonar suit, and Clooney's ice suit, and the Batman Returns suit, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seduction_of_the_Innocent
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The 1989 suit is my favorite. I don't understand why the Batman Forever suit gets so much shit. Aside from the bat nipples, it's pretty much the same as the 1989 suit.

Also, are bat nipples really THAT much worse than bat abs?

>bat abs
The Returns suit doesn't have any nipples, and it has armored plates instead of abs.

I prefer the 1989 emblem, though.

3, 4 and 8

The Adam West one is the only one that actually looks like it does in the comics.

The Flash suit from the early 1990s live action tv show looks just like the comic version too.

they're all dumb

comics are dumb

you're dumb

Ben Affleck and Patrick Bateman's suits look the best, both look like actual functional pieces of equipment.

My issue with the Batman Forever suit is that it's so shiny, and the abs look weird. Its definitely not the worst, though. It's better than both Clooney suits.

FUCK. I was going to post that pic, good taste.

For me it goes:

89' > Returns > BvS > BB > TDK

I don't care to rank the rest.

I think the difference between the 89' suit and Forever is the mold for the abs look much better on the 89' suit. And the black and yellow color scheme draws better contrast because the black is so back and the yellow is so vibrant compared to Forever.

Bales looked cool, but looked like too much of a full suit of armor like Master Chief from Halo would have.

Afflecks has this nice blend of fucking intimidating yet functional.

The others look absolutely ridiculous, but then again I am a filthy millennial and nostalgia doesn't hold anything here for me. If anything, I grew up watching Bale's batman.

Afflecks is the best practical wise.
Bales is good but for normies. It looks like it wouldn't be lightweight enough to move quickly.
1989 is best for representing comic batman

Bale had two. Are you talking about the Batman Begins suit, or The Dark Knight?

BatBale, hands down.
Everything else looks ridiculous in its own way.

Dark knight/Rises.

DESU the way Begins was cut, we didn't see too much of his suit, which is a damn shame

Why didn't you post the Begins suit? It's the best.

Then BvS. Then Dark Knight, then probably 1989.

Sonar suit didn't have nipples.

I've never seen whatever the first two suits are from.
Nipples eliminate Kilmer and Clooney, and I don't like Keaton's headpiece, so it's between Bale and Affleck for me.

I probably prefer Bale. Suit looks more like armour, the bat symbol doesn't look like it eats nothing but McDonald's and the ears are cooler.

BB is a great movie, best of the trilogy, but that suit is fucking laughable. it has the embarrassing impractical mobility issues of the Keaton suit, but none of the gravitas.

Batfleck

I don't like the way Bale's suits squeeze his face, and I don't care for the cape.

>Afflecks has this nice blend of fucking intimidating yet functional

Can we all agree that the ice suit is the fucking worst?

The first two are from the 1943 and 1949 Batman serials.

Likely has something to do with Affleck being the tallest and also dat dere Zack Snyder-brand of jacked

I hate any suits that make him look like a giant roided hulk. I can't get into the Arkham reasons for this reason.

I know you autists like to comb through the scene and nitpick it but you have to admit that BVS gave two GOAT suits

BvS, Begins and Keaton's are the best.

Slightly off-topic, but which Robin was the best?

The one with the nipples, obviously.

Ward, followed by the Nightwing suit. Even though it has nipples, it's pretty fucking cool.

Middle, by a long shot.

Why wasn't it red in the movie? It was red in promotional posters.

it is pretty beautiful

So with the DCEU aesthetic...

What in universe reason is there to make a red suit but make the red a shade of brown? Man of Steel had the same problem where Supes made a "blue" and "red" costume but they were dreary shades of gray and brown. Blue jeans are more blue than Superman's costume is, it isn't "realistic" to desaturate it to gray.

why would robin wear a bright red and green outfit?

i mean i love the robins and everything, but it's stupid. batman dresses up like a bat to strike fear into the hearts of criminals. and his sidekick dresses up in bright happy colors?

darkening the colors, making them a little more neutral, helps avert some of the natural skepticism the general audience has about robin

But then why make it red in the first place? That is clearly not even red anymore, so why not just give Robin a black suit too? Why wouldn't Robin just wear an identical batsuit?

>skepticism
Robin could never work in a serious movie. Robin only works in campy shit like the 60s series, which is fantastic.

Because he, Batman, or Alfred wanted it to vaguely resemble a Robin. Jesus, stop being thick in the head.

because fanboys will get mad if he completely abandons the robin costume

it's the best solution to a difficult problem, personally i'd just take one of damian's costumes and put it in the movie, but 99% of people will think it looks dumb

t. doesn't read comics

What's funny is that the MCU is about to have a Batman and Robin (Ironman + Spiderman) before DCEU does.

There's clearly a way to make this work because Marvel has pulled it off, but DC hasn't got it right since the 60s.

This is unironically my favorite bat suit and it isn't even on your list :D

normies view batman as "le dark and serious loner, always works alone, never not alone" so it's a little harder to make robin work in the nolanverse or DCEU

whereas the MCU has always been light silly and colorful

that being said, iron man being a mentor to spiderman isn't really the same as the relationship between bruce and the robins

Because the DCEU isn't quite going for realism like Nolan but not going for in the eccentricity of Burton either. It's sort of a medium.

The Batfleck suits and the Keaton suits are the best ones. I like the first Bale one, but the segmented horseshit from the next two movies made his neck look longer than it was and that just annoyed me.

Burt Ward's easily.

This could work, if it was a darker, more saturated red, closer to blood. The cape should be all black, instead of yellow inside.

OYL suit is fine, but this AK concept art probably would work better

Ironman has spent the last ten years being a vigilante to atone for past sins but realizes that he's mostly been making things worse. Vision explicitly says in Civil War that super villains didn't start showing up until Stark made a scene as Ironman. Stark sees a chance to start over and channel his energy into something more constructive but mentoring a young super hero that reminds him of his younger self, but lets the mission get in the way and puts him in too much danger and he gets hurt.

Spiderman has no parents and looks up to Ironman as a father figure and is trying to prove himself in his eyes.

This is the perfect Batman/Robin arc and Marvel nicked it for Spiderman. Seriously, replace the references to Ironman and Spidey above with Batman and Robin and it fits great.

yeah that's all fine, but the problem affleck/DC has is that there is already a cultural connotation to Batman and Robin as being silly, campy, ridiculous, unrealistic, and homo-erotic. robin is a joke in the minds of most people.

so you can have similar character dynamics with iron man and spiderman without turning people off to it, because there's no negative public image about the two characters.

also from what I can tell Iron Man is just going to be helping spidey out, it's not going to be a full sidekick situation. nor will spidey be his de-facto son, as the robins are to bruce.

This. Definitely not a traditional suit, but it looked so good in the movie.

Fair point on cultural image of Robin. I don't think it's insurmountable though.

I think Spiderman is going to have a lot more Ironman in it than people think (and people already think it's going to be a lot) and then Tony Stark bites the bullet at the end of Infinity War and this is the great power great responsibility bit for this Spiderman then Spidey takes over as the face of the MCU instead of Ironman in Phase 4+

Fucking derailed the whole thread.

yeah that sounds cool, i'll be disappointed if we get MCU B&R before we get DCEU B&R

Best Joker outfit?

90s Flash didn't have yellow boots

And they still insist on that

Bateman is Batman. No question about it.

I recognize that bulge

Outfit? Nicholson. Makeup? Romero.

Deep-seated connotations can be surmounted, if you're good enough. Take comic books in general. Up until Tim Burton's Batman, comic book TV and movies were viewed as silly, campy, ridiculous and unrealistic (with good reason). Now audiences are eating that shit up and making the industry billions.

Actually, Christopher Reeve's Superman also knocked people on their asses due to how good it was. But it still took about 10 years before another comic movie succeeded.

looking at them side by side really gives me a greater appreciation on how much Leto's version is so not the Joker.

They all blow.

Too much colour

What was the point of Robin? I realize the 50s were a different time but I find it hard to imagine that giving batman a effete male partner with green underwear was considered a good idea or cool with the kids

Heroes always had a kid sidekick because it gave the kids who read the comics a figure they could identify with
>I find it hard to imagine that giving batman a effete male partner with green underwear was considered a good idea or cool with the kids
It wasn't
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seduction_of_the_Innocent

the hotheaded one

Affleck's > Keaton's both movies > Bale's BB > Kilmer's > Coonley's > Bale's DK.

Does Bale have pancakes for feet?

Without the tattoos it would be Jared's just based around the fact that he looks like David Bowie. But because he has the tattoos, he's the worst.

Tattoos and shiny teeth are better than the scarred smiles of Nick and Heath

Did you make that rhyme on purpose?

Leto's in the tuxedo was actually pretty good.

No. I also didn't mean to call Jack Nick

>trying so hard to make robin look badass

he still looks like a faggot

best batman

Best Bane?

>prime Bowie will NEVER play Scarecrow in a Batman flick

Why live friends?

Burt Ward, he's THE Robin

Of courshe!

That Bane was literally retarded but at least he actually was a big guy.

those shoes tho

Fucking none of them.

esitis

Actually Ledger's, simply because his patterned shirt looks friggin awesome.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
Because he wasn't Robin.

can any of them turn their head?

Affleck to me is the best looking suit.

That's because you have good taste.

Affleck, it just looks right and personal.
The others look too rubbery and Bales looks too technical.

The vintage ones are just for giggles. But I do recognize Adam West's contribution to pop culture and Batman in general.

I still think Robert Downey Jr would've made a good Batman

They legitimately get worse each time.

Don't get me wrong, I like them all bar the most recent, but it really is 1 > 2 > 3 > 4

>posting fan art of Batfleck suit