I hate Woody Allen physically, I dislike that kind of man. I can hardly bear to talk to him. He has the Chaplin disease...

>I hate Woody Allen physically, I dislike that kind of man. I can hardly bear to talk to him. He has the Chaplin disease. That particular combination of arrogance and timidity sets my teeth on edge. He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.

I always thought it was arrogant to pretend to be modest, which is exactly what Woody Allen does too

the french

Why are extroverts incapable of empathizing with introverts?

Based Orson Welles. A true chad.

woody allen is a fagit

t. Orson "Let me tell you about a great film I made 25 years ago" Welles

look at this fat fuck's filmography. Literally the definition of a hack. If he hadn't gotten lucky with Kane, he'd be forgotten just like every other 40s director not named Alfred Hitchcock.

Woody Allen would run circles around him. Woody Allen makes Orson Welles look like Michael fucking Bay.

How will Switzerland ever recover?

>Shitting on the cuckoo clock

with more cool movies user
only with more cool movies....

A lot of people would consider a lot of those films to be classics/amazing. I'm not sure of your point.

Who could win in a hotdog eating contest between Welles and Brando?

well you cant spell cuckoo user...

without spelling cuck

Chimes at Midnight is bretty güd, desu.

This literally sounds like a description of me and my life

brando

he would make a deal the hotdog couldnt refuse

Most of those films are critically acclaimed, you fucking tard

based

He's wrong but then again he voiced Unicron in Transformers so I can't hate him.

Brando would win and then proceed to keep eating. He was unstoppable.

An introvert does not equal a weak jew cuck
This

gonna back that up or just had to shoehorn your ebin cartoon knowledge in here?

Half of those films are legitimately great. The other half is good. Only two are so and so. You are the definition of a pleb. I'm not even kidding. I bet you haven't seen a single one of those films.

back up what?

>To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs
I've noticed this about myself, and I'm trying to change. I'm trying to be a normie, but it's hard.

What do critics know about filmmaking? It's been 70 years, you'd think at least ONE other film would have stood the test of time besides Citizen Kane. Ask anyone not paid to review films, and 99% of them couldn't name a second film by Welles. It's the halo effect in action. You have been bamboozled.

I know this is bait, but you've still pissed me off.

orson's analysis of woody

Are you one of those "I give it an 8.5, it was legitimately great" people?

>analysis
big word, he's just hating on Allen
not to say he shouldn't, I fucking find that self-hating jew rat obnoxious too, but he's just having a good old rant
nothing intellectual about his argument at all

Touch of Evil is a VERY highly regarded and famous film.

His Shakespearean films are also quite famous and well-regarded. I'm pretty sure you actually just don't know what you're talking about.

Can't dethrone the King

Ah yes, Touch of Evil. The film about the, the uh...

See, EVERY truly great film since the dawn of cinema can be summarized by even a layman who's never seen it. That's the sheer cultural power a great film has.

Star Wars? A young man fights against an evil empire in space.
Citizen Kane? A man rises to become a newspaper magnate.
The Godfather? A view into a mafia family's deeds and misdeeds.
Apocalypse Now? A man sees the horrors of Vietnam and the human soul.
Casablanca? An American expatriate meets a former lover in the heat and espionage of World War II.
Touch of Evil? Still thinking...

wtf, I'm a huge Orson Welles now

champagne has always been celebrated for its excellence

He hated like.... every comedian. Even some of the ones he did roasts with. Welles seemed to hate humor.

he's right about chaplin desu

Orson Welles

Was a

>when people bump a shit thread about to die

Big guy

Indeed.

>Touch of Evil: a Crooked detective frames an innocent mexican man in a border town to incite acrimonious relations between the races in said border town

how fucking hard was that?? The whole point of the movie was to make people think about racism and bigotry, there's like a hundred examples of racism in the movie that were intended to be overt references to the attitudes at the time

fuck, it's not that hard, don't you think some people at the time questioned Charleton Heston in Mexicanface as being in poor taste?

Someone post Bergmann's quote on Welles.
Fat fuck got btfo'd

>swedecucks
>valid opinions
pick one

There is a Californian champagne by a PAUL MASSON

>For me he's just a hoax. It's empty. It's not interesting. It's dead. "Citizen Kane", which I have a copy of, is all the critics' darling, always at the top of every poll taken, but I think it's a total bore. Above all, the performances are worthless. The amount of respect that movie's got is absolutely unbelievable.
> I've never liked Welles as an actor, because he's not really an actor. In Hollywood you have two categories, you talk about actors and personalities. Welles was an enormous personality, but when he plays Othello, everything goes down the drain, you see, that's when he croaks. In my eyes he's an infinitely overrated filmmaker.

Wells voiced Unicron in The Transformers animated movie before dying. Fucking based voice.

When you literally invent modern filmmaking it's kind of hard to live up to it

Literally all great movies