youtube.com/watch?v=_CMKRboU1ls)
youtube.com/watch?v=vT7vD8uAGEQ)
youtube.com/watch?v=zZxgguOphuI
youtube.com/watch?v=ghHgrjT_Hfk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>getting chills from a movie
Who the fuck does this

Reddit

In the same way a woman getting raped has an orgasm.

douche chills

Not really no

I get chills when something grand or important is signified. The inevitable light saber duel with generic Mary Sue that had little to no personality or character development wasn't one of those

Yikes

naaaah

yeah i got chills, it became much easier to imagine her tiny hands wrapped around my cock

Cringe chills? Then fuck yeah I did

Actually I rolled my eyes both at this part and when daisy closed her eyes and suddenly learned how to use the force in 5 seconds and that gave her super fencing technique.

Quoting Han Solo in that same movie, that's not how the force works.

I get chills when TR8-R comes and screams traitor

No, sorry

How RLM defends this utter shit yet craps all over Rogue One just shows what utter plebs they are.

I didn't get chills from this, and it makes me sad. I a have gotten so many chills from so many star wars related things:

>"I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
>Ending of Ep II, with the clone army assembling and the Imperial March playing (skip to 1:51 youtube.com/watch?v=_CMKRboU1ls)
>Opening sequence of Ep III when Anakin and Obi-Wan are flying into battle (youtube.com/watch?v=vT7vD8uAGEQ)
>Anakin fighting Obi-Wan, John Williams killing it with the soundtrack (Battle of the Heroes)
>Legacy of the Force "Sacrifice" book, Jacen vs Mara ("He wouldn't die. He COULDN'T. Not Now!"
>Even that shitty CGI "rebels" cartoon where Asoka fights Vader
>youtube.com/watch?v=zZxgguOphuI

But for Episode 7, I felt nothing. Absolutely nothing in the entire movie made me feel good or happy or even nostalgic. It was just transparent shitty plastic crap made by a hack. Not a shred of emotion anywhere to be found. I am the most autistic, pathetic, "will like basically anything with Star Wars attached to it" faggot on earth, and Episode 7 did nothing for me. It felt cheap and lazy. The prequels and many EU books were crap, but fuck, at least I felt like they were trying. This? This was utter shit, made by a hack director and carefully edited by a fucking focus group so The Mouse could make the maximum amount of cash.

I started to laugh

Finn already ignited and fought with that lightsaber. Rey turning it on was of no consequence.

Honestly I liked that whole sequence. Yes it's a bit dumb how powerful Rey is but it worked on an emotional level. It's nowhere near as bad as any scene with orange female not-Yoda in it.

I got more of a emotional response from Finn fighting with it than I did MaRey Sue

I didn't know it was possible to hate this guy more than I already do, but here we are.

Literally mfw. Wasn't the first time I made that face during the movie either.

>he actually feels physical cringe

Reddit get out

I was very excited when the lightsaber was wiggling. I kept waiting for a scene with Luke. Then it turns out this dyke was the one somehow pulling the saber with the force. I didn't get chills. I took off my 3D glasses and left to go piss since I was already holding it in for so long. Most disappointed I've felt while pissing.

I groaned because this is the point in the movie when I realized that JJ not only went full retard with the boring mary sue bullshit, he actually went 110 percent retard.

Nice try Plebbit

>feelsbad

I didn't even get that far. Dropped this shit like a rock when it turned into to a female power fantasy. More specifically, when she was able to bend the mind of a stormtropper with no jedi training whatsoever.

I do feelsbad my friend. I feels very bad. The question that bothered me when I walked home was "was this a bad movie, or is this entire series something that can only truly appeal to children?". Because I absorbed every bit of Star Wars content I could get my hands on (in secret, of course, if a black dude like me made his love of sci-fi public he'd get his ass beat). Even the stuff that was objectively utter shit, such as "Attack of the Clones", "Jedi Apprentice", and "Bloodlines", I could see the good in it, like those stupid naive morons Luke and Padme.

But I felt nothing in 7. And that makes me sad, because I'm not sure if this is because it was a lazy rehash of the originals or because I'm just too jaded to love it anymore.

Hell yeah this scene was bad ass when I saw it in theater

Was it really? Please tell me what aspect of it made it seem badass to you. Maybe it was a bit of music, a certain meaning in the overall story, anything. What about this scene made you think "hell yeah!" and made goosebumps appear on your skin?

fuck off normie

I cringed, doe that count?

they didn't establish the characters or their journey well enough to get me to care about anything at that point. I didn't even care when han got murked really

I admit it, I got chills.

No bully please. I was high and it was amazing.

This one. Although it was the first time I did it during the movie.

Yes. In large part for the music, desu.

but the woosh as it whipped by Kylo Ren, the swell of the music which was a callback to Luke's theme in ep. 4, then Kylo's shock. Also reinforced the medieval fantasy symbolism in star wars, with an arthurian twist.

>I get chills when something grand or important is signified. The inevitable light saber duel with generic Mary Sue that had little to no personality or character development wasn't one of those
Yes, Rey is a mary sue. To say she has no personality or character development is going too far. But I think the mary sue thing is not so much pushing a feminist agenda as it is the fault of JJ Abrams. Remember kirk in star trek? That's a goddamn mary sue if I ever saw one. JJ just can't make good main characters

At that point I already started laughing at the movie, since Leia went on screen. She was just so shit in this.

No I didn't get chills because I'm not 12 years old or an SJW.

I also didn't clap at the movie screen at the end of or during the film because I'm not a retard.

Nothing wrong with being entertained faggot

Hollywood just doesnt know when to quit. They will take anything you love and tear the last scrap from the bone for a buck and to hell with memories and art and things that were truly amazing. One thing I've learned is to back away at some point because eventually it all gets dragged through the mud. At least Watterson had the balls to say fuck you to anyone who wanted to buy calvin and Hobbes. Schultz didnt and look the peanuts are a fucking met life commercial. Lucas fucked up making the prequels sure. But its a straight up crime to hand it over to Disney like this. Fuck him

no it was corny as fuck.

R1 > TFA

More like Comfy as fuck

5>3>4>7>6>1>2>RO

No it was expected, and I always thought she looked goofy in that outfit when she was off of Tatooine 2

>prequel trash over anything

opinion discarded and irrelevant

More like:

5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 1 > Rogue One > 2 > Christmas special > 7

The whole set looks fake. Rey with a lightsaber and she's never fought anyone with it before, wtf?

>7 over anything but 2 and 1
OT >
into the garbage you go

4 > 5 > 6 > 7 > RO > prequels

I've seen a lot of star wars fan films

Which one is this again

This was the only part that gave me chills in the movie. Sad.

Newtrooper armor makes their legs look so fucking stubby and short

Fucking hell, garbage design.

Yeah I know, but the scene still gave me chills.

I rolled my eyes

>So I stuck a black male in the role of a goofy side kick with zero chance of him winning an academy award for best actor

>Full head covering space armour
>Doesn't filter toxins at all

What the fuck is the point?

To look cool.

I did because I thought Luke was going to pick it up.

It was fine that Rey picked it up but her beating Kylo makes no sense.

It have me a hard on *never saw at the cinema*

t. theater clapper guy

Rey is adept at melee and she spent most of the duel running away, forcing Ren to give chase which would tire him out given how badly wounded he is.

Makes enough sense.

Not really. At that point I was wondering why Kylo wanted to fight these people so bad.

Are you fucking serious ??

It was obvious she was going to force him and probably cut off his hand with her first strike seeing as she never once had to struggle in the movie

You seriously calling any scene with her suspenseful? You'd have a point if you said fin but come on Rey??

Stupid fucking nerds

The fuck was Ren's training with Luke and Darth Napoleon then?

Rey could easily have been training along side him, we have no idea who dumped her on Jakku.

There's also no indication Snoke's training is anything different than what Palpatine considered "training", which was breaking down people's morals so they can use their abilities to kill without conflict.

I thought the entire forest duel was pretty cool and looked good. The music and sound effects were especially on point.

> That noise the lightsaber makes when it ignites
> the wooshing sounds
> the clashing sounds

It also kinda worked on an emotional level too

> Finn stops being a coward and faces Kylo
> Rey accepts the gift she has and stands her ground

>Rey could easily have been training along side him
No. What the fuck are you talking about? Why would she be surprised that the Jedi stories and Luke was real then?

The only reason Rey won is because she's a super saiyan jedi with midichlorian count of 500,000.

Looks like cosplay

I got a boner actually

Luke seems to recognize her at the end.

It's a look of disappointment because now he has another acolyte who can be turned, and if he does nothing she'll run off and do her own thing like he did in Empire and be twice as vulnerable.

Dumping her on Jakku and telling her to wait was the best plan he had to keep her away from the Force.

Checked but that is also so stupid I wouldn't put it past them that it's real.

>It's a look of disappointment
youtube.com/watch?v=ghHgrjT_Hfk

Yeah, but only because of the score, which was copypasted Burning Homestead from A New Hope.

The correct order is:

5>4>7>6>RO>3>1>2

I thought it was hype when Finn did it.

Feel asleep when Mary Sue came to do everything perfect again

Daily Reminder that Luke had about 5 minutes of training with a lightsaber and literally a week of force training.

IIRC John Williams actually had composed a different statement of the Force theme for this moment, but JJ made him reuse the burning homestead version instead.

I saw it in 3D and it was the first time I felt as though 3D actually added to a movie. The depth added by looking past the trees as they fought was incredible.

I was bored and annoyed halfway though and just wanted it to end. 1/10 movie.

I haven't gone to a theater in 10 years.

>my theater started literal actual cheering when Han and Chewy showed up

>getting chills from something so fucking obvious it hurst
I predicted the "I force pull the lightsaber, look it's towards me, oh wait, it passed me and went to her?!" like 1 hour before that scene

No I didn't. It was forced

This dude is so full of himself

I unironically feel the exact same way about 7. Shit was a soulless and emotionless star wars experience. The only new characters I felt any sort of connection to were Finn and Kylo. They were the only ones with any sort of life to them.

>Star Wars
>tension

>It was forced
That was the point

Saw it opening night with a buddy of mine. It was so shit that we just started making fun of it about 20 mins in.
>Our faces when

>paying to watch a Disney movie

why don't you support studios that need the money?

Fuck you, Carlos

That, and a raging boner

>rey will never struggle to wrap her hands around your girth manhood with a look of frustration and focus on her odd face

Rey will never struggle for anything, she's a Mary Sue

is she an allegory for the modern woman in the western world?

I agree about the JJ thing, but nobody claimed otherwise. And as for Rey's personality, could you describe her? Without saying her name, whatever she looks like or what her job is. Describe her like I ain't never seen Star Wars.

>theaters

nope
5>6>4>3>1>2
Disney shit is fanfic as far as I'm concerned.

Got a laugh out of me.
Seriously can Rey even create a rock so heavy she can't lift it?

different guy, but I'll give it a go for a laugh

she's someone with a very humble upbringing that learned to fend for herself at a young age.
this made her a strong and independent woman. since she is an orphan she had no proper adult role model and retains a lot of childish traits and idealism.
being humble has kept her outlook on life positive and learning to be strong early gave her an edge with the force.

>that feel when totally grasped at straws and think she's a shit character