youtube.com/watch?v=WRuN2ayttsY
youtube.com/watch?v=haVaaDLwWvI
youtube.com/watch?v=3h03mh0MEMU
youtube.com/watch?v=cuwT000iMWo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>kicks good bass player out of the band
>lets some junkie join instead
>becomes shitty band

Then 2 years later an infinitely better album came out in the US.

>mfw

not quite

youtube.com/watch?v=EDNzQ3CXspU

>invented punk nearly a decade before punk started

nothin personnel

>tfw Sup Forums is too pleb to enjoy the ramones

>hard rock
>punk

WE

This

Nothing personal, OP

youtube.com/watch?v=qoqQnR8NOVI

Were the fugs the only hippie scum that were TRUE hippie scum that recorded? & was everyone else just larping?

They tried to mix the folk movement with the beatniks.

They were hippies before the term hippy came into vogue.

I guess one could say they were proto hippies.

alright, I can go along with that.

>you realize there's a band called the fugs
:DDD

punk is more than a style of riffs

out of my way bourgeoise rockers fucking shit

Yeah that's true. Good thing the Stooges invented everything outside of those riffs too

>Posts surfrock in a punk thread

they did not

Name one thing the Stooges did not do first in punk

just a style of riffs

youtube.com/watch?v=WRuN2ayttsY

>yfw this piece of shit tries to claim otherwise

>einstürzende neubauten tattoo

didnt know rollins is an art hoe

mock rock'n'roll and distance themselves from it, first and foremost

explicitly condemn authority and figures of power as well as the system

punk is a specific period and movement, nothing like it was there before it.

*makes proto-punk, punk rock, garage punk, art punk, and post-punk before Ramones debut*
heh, nothing personnel, mon.

youtube.com/watch?v=haVaaDLwWvI

pss... nada personal, wey

not sure if bait or actually retarded

>invents post-punk before punk

youtube.com/watch?v=3h03mh0MEMU

That’s not Third Uncle

are you even trying?

Is that really a good thing though?

The Heartbreakers from New York, Ramones, Misfits, and the Dead Boys were the most significant and influential first wave punk bands of the 70s.

Sid Vicious was the only person worth paying attention to in the Sex Pistols, they have three good songs: Bodies, New York, and Belsen Was a Gas(written by Vicious).

The Germs GI spearheaded the next chapter of punk "hardcore", but also made every other band basically
irrelevant...even those that played "hardcore" subsequently. The only other "punk" band that had been any good was Big Black.

if your talking about England

blocks your path

>The only other "punk" band that had been any good was Big Black.
wew, let me help you out there big guy
Minutemen
Gun Club
Wipers
Replacements
Husker Du
Radio Birdman
Roxy Music
Gang of Four
Richard Hell
Modern Lovers
The Real Kids

The Ramones sound like a power pop band to me

Don't mind me, just passing through

Yes

>the germs spearheaded hardcore

step aside kiddos
youtube.com/watch?v=cuwT000iMWo

Bring back LDA yellowcore

Ramones started earlier than Death and their debut came out first you mongoloid

I'm sorry this post is just so damn wrong, the germs did not make any band irrelevant and did not spearhead shit. Neither are the germs and big black the "only good punk bands"

who cares, neither of them were punk
there was no punk in usa, only garage rock

I can see your point but the ramones had an edge to them that power pop simply doesnt have. The ramones are a punk band and no one can say otherwise.

ramones are not punk
where's your punk god now?

just because you say they arent punk doesnt mean you're right

power pop wasn't a thing when they came out and for their time they were raw and edgy so they were termed punk you fucking retards, how the fuck are you going to compare 2018 standards to the standards they were actually held to

Are you? Punk isn't just blues + shouting

by that logic, first punk was The Shaggs

sure, why not? My argument isn't that the Ramones are the first punk band, my argument is that they are punk and the two dipshits I was replying to are idiots. fuck I don't even like the ramones, just hate seeing dumb shit like that posted

wow
who gives a fuck.

:DDD

I know they're punk you iliterate faggot. I said so in my post

>calling someone the f word on a blue board
heh, you done goofed kid. See you next week

This is just hard sounding surf rock

hey this a blue board. >,< no swarezing

fuck

>>invents punk music

why do britfags have to keep pretending the ramones never existed?
do you really want to be a founder of something that desperately?

Never mind the bollocks, here's my bollocks

TV PARTY TONIGHT

TV PARTY TONIGHT

TV PARTY TONIGHT

>being this retarded
>somehow not being retarded enough to stop breathing.
how?

they started around the same time but death came out earlier

power pop bands never sang about being nazi schatzis or being a gay prostitute. even just lyrically theyre clearly not a power pop band

THIS
DEMOLER DEMOLER

The ramones aged like milk. They fucking suck, dude.

plen

It's still my favorite album (although more 'cause of nolstagia rather than quality) and is a 10/10 that need to be respected as such for its impact on rock and underground music, but it sure lost its impact due to a scene (underground rock) that they sure as hell were one of founders. As Noel Gallagher said "when Johnny start his anti-singing in Holidays in The Sun the whole music scene was never the same".

You sir are a massive pleb

>edgy pop

More like TRY HARDS

No, actually Death started in the late 60s and were trying to be a funk/soul/rock hybrid band in the same vein as Rare Earth or Grand Funk Railroad. It wasn't until 1972 that they decided to be a straight ahead rock and roll band, and change their name to Death. You need to see the film A Band Called Death, and the autobiography Rock And Roll Victims by Robert Hackney. Also Their one single Politicians In My Eyes b/w Keep A'Knockin' was released in 1976 the same year The Ramones first album came out.

Actually Garage and Punk go hand in hand. If it weren't for garage there would be no punk. I would even go so far to say that certain garage bands WERE punk. None other than Lenny Kaye, before he became the guitarist for The Patti Smith Group coined the term "Punk Rock" in 1972 when writing the original liner notes for a garage band compilation called Nuggets.

See for first punk band in the U.S. All The Shaggs did was perfect it. (God bless those lovable, huggable Wiggens sisters!)

Yes, but a lot of punk has it's roots in surf music. The Ramones were heavily influenced by Surf music and The Ramones along with The Cramps both covered Surfin' Bird by The Trashmen. Agent Orange is still known to do a few surf rock covers, including Miserlou by Dick Dale. But what could be more punk rock than writing and performing songs about blowing up train stations? (And how many rock bands came out of Peru in the mid 60s, surf or otherwise?) If that aint PAF then I don't know what is.

>And how many rock bands came out of Peru in the mid 60s, surf or otherwise?
Completely irrelevant, so is the rest of your response.

theres a sort of rebellion in the creation of proto-punk which punk music heavily borrowed from them musically and image later on

>ramones were raw and edgy
VU and the stooges and death went harder and edgier than the ramones

Sex Pistols created the worst sub genre of punk. True punk pioneers along Iggy

>for their time they were raw and edgy

yeah for a mainstream pop band, by punk standards they are and were babby's first band that the whole family can enjoy.

you seem to not understand the influence the ramones have on music. Everything punk related was inspired by them. Not their fault they were so original and everybody took influence from them