ITT: Sup Forums related shit you used to believe as a kid

>I believed in order to "record" a movie you just needed to write the title on the VHS tape.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZRlRinL-N-8
youtube.com/watch?v=cesSRfXqS1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=IfeL-YqxUsM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You might be retarded

Or just a kid. I also believed a fat bearded guy came down my chimney every Christmas. Also, fuck you.

silly user :3

>Santa never visited him
So you're stupid and naughty?

some old fatass came on his chimney, of course he was a naughty boi

I believed that the penis inspections were made up by my parents to get me to bathe/stretch more often

Santa isn't real.
It's the parents.

I thought Godzilla was real till I was about 6

I thought if I put my toy cars in the VCR I would see a movie about cars

I thought you had to marry one of your siblings once you became a grown-up.

Dad told me that priests could see through the tv and that they'd see anything bad I did.

I believed an omnipotent being who was everywhere watched over me, judged me whether I was doing right or wrong, and if I sent a message to him he may shower me with gifts.

But then I found out that santa wasnt real and that my parents bought my gifts.

Not really anything I believed, but I was always just unnecessarily terrified of menu screens. The emptiness of the music always looping made me want to fucking hide in my closet for whatever reason.

I always thought the re-enactments of aliens or bigfoot or whatever on those shows where actual footage

I used to lay on my back in front of the tv

How old were you when you realized that movies weren't actually real? Be honest.

I was 11

wtf I'm an atheist now

when i was in elementary school (~93ish), i thought bill clinton made kissing illegal. i don't know where i got this from and am glad to have been proven wrong.

I always knew they were pretend but I thought all the actors did their own stunts and movies were shot in order in a couple days

Kek.

I thought Michael Myers was real and that he was coming to kill me when I was 10

Same

>character gets in a car
>can't find keys
>rips two wires from under the steering wheel
>stick them together
>??????
>PROFIT

I can't into /o/ but does that kind of shit actually work in real life?

When I was really young I remember that I thought the actors were behind the screen when you go to the movies and they were constantly acting it out again and again

This was definitely when I was like 4 or 5

It does work on some specific models of cars, especially very old ones.

If your car is from the 80s or earlier, yes it was that easy.
Even older cars can be started in different ways too, like the old fords.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZRlRinL-N-8

You try it in a 90s-00s car youll end up getting an airbag to the face before you jump start it. And new cars are so computerized, i doubt you could really do it. We will be hotwiring cars with laptops sooner or later

Yes but its been nomized like silencers

I thought that the size of your tv showed how much you can see. So if a girl's "nude" but only showing neck, I can see them titties if i had a bigger tv.

the tv you had dictated the quality your channels. so we had shitty cable, but cousins and friends had "nice" tvs so they can see their channels clearly

Kind of the same deal with me. I knew that Roger rabbit and bugs bunny and all were fake but it didn't really hit me till I was 10 or something the ramifications of that and I've been depressed ever since

Meant to reply to

every time i saw a helicopter i thought it was colonel trautman dropping rambo off on a mission

fucked me up as a kid. was afraid of any tangling wires for awhile

I thought islands were floating pieces of dirt until I was 5 or 6

youtube.com/watch?v=cesSRfXqS1Q

I asked my grandma why black people stink. She told me they can't take many baths, because it makes there skin milky. I believed that for years lol.

fucking hell my sides.

delet this

I thought all episodes of a TV shows were recorded before ever airing and given to TV network, then it was someone's job to pick at random which episode to put on. So like a show with 5 seasons would record all 5 seasons before ever being on TV and then all the episodes were shipped out. I also thought the episodes were stored on individual VHS tapes and the guy would put the VHS in the master VCR system and it would transmit out.

did you have cute siblings?

>always got confused when thinking about the in universe of a movie/show if it made a reference to another real world show or movie
>how can that actor be in that movie/show if their a character has a poster of it on their wall ect.
>see pic related
>at the age of 4 now understand multiverses, cannon, meta humor and different types of time travel.
>all my peers couldn't understand basic concepts like people playing pretend
sometimes it pays to be autistic

When I was a kid I watched a bunch of police procedural tv shows and was afraid of the dark. Not because I thought there were monsters under my bed, but because I was worried that someone would break into my house and murder me in my sleep, for some reason.

I used to think big budget movie adaptations of comic books would be awesome. I used to look forward to the prequels. I wanted a third ghostbusters movie.

I regularlythink about this

kek I remember seeing actors interviews on tv as a kid and they would talk about their character and I was always thinking, Wait, that's you

>Sup Forums related shit you used to believe as a kid
That the "one time offer" would actually expire if I didn't call in the next 15 minutes.

I used put back all the VHS tapes that needed rewinding and make a mental note of which films were "rewind ready" meaning the tape had been rewinded. I'd then watch movies according to which tapes were rewind ready.

Really messed up my system when someone would try an unready tape and rewind it themselves without me knowing.

>I thought if I put my toy cars in the VCR I would see a movie about cars
WHY ISN'T THIS TRUE

I thought you could fast forward tv

I thought that if I tried really hard I could grow up to make my own movies.

Somewhat related lads
>scary house
>get dared to stay the night for $50
>challengeaccepted.jpg
>think I hear a ghost
>cracked out nigger
>tackles me
>starts pulling my pants down
>grab empty 40oz and hit him over the head
>gives me enough time to pull my pants up and head for the door
>make it out
>hear screaming from inside
>get on bike and book it home and tell parents
>they called the cops
>turns out 2 of the older boys were planning on scaring me and we hiding in the house
>after I took off the nigger spotted them
>he stabbed one to death
>raped the other and gave him hep c
>when the police showed up he was still inside of him
Spooky sounds and made up monsters don't scare me, reality does.

Damn...

Sixth Sense made me run up the stairs when I would leave the basement.
It had never occurred to me to be afraid of the dark, specifically a ghost in the basement. So I started getting chills and running up the stairs like the wife in the movie

This.

I thought commemorative coin collections were worth money

I thought you could swap your parents for people of your own choosing, so I asked if Arnold Schwarzenegger could be my dad instead.

ghosts would steal my soul if I didn't hold my breath while driving past a graveyard

My mom thought you had to rewind dvds when they first came out
>pic semi related my mom looks like Mulder in drag

No user! You still can! You just must work extra hard and follow your dreams!

I assumed when actors kissed in a movie it was just special effects, because I was an upper middle class WASP and I thought that kissing was sex.
I still think kissing is sex.

What the fuck I did this too lmao

I still have to fight the urge to buy those commerative coins. For some reason coin collection triggered my autismo hard.

The way my dad described it, I thought it was illegal to cheat on your wife after that.

I thought war meant Iraqi planes were going to be dropping bombs on my town

>ghosts would steal my soul if I didn't hold my breath while driving past a graveyard
There's no way to prove that isn't true.

lol, i thought the same exact thing, only i'm not white

i was completely baffled when i realized that people had sex and drank booze during high school, the thought just never occurred to me that it was a regular thing

i was, and still am, a pretty sheltered guy

same. We were doing a school project about evacuating children in ww2 at the time and I thought I'd be shipped off to some shitty Welsh farm and made to wear a gas mask

When we accidentally bombed the Chinese embassy in Belgrade I thought we were already at war with China because my dad used to rant about how they were evil.

Holy shit I remember my parents talking about this when I was little. This happened in Chicago back in like 98

What year were y'all born? Also checking dem quads.

April 99 actually. My dad took me to see episode 1 a few weeks after.

'96

I used to watch WWII documentaries on Germans and Japanese bombers bombing towns, then afterword would be scared shitless at random planes in the sky thinking they were japs or nazis coming to bomb us. Also, the whole "Speed Checked By Aircraft" signs I would see on the highway made me think that the police had planes with missile launchers on them, and if you went over the speedlimit, they'd launch a missile at your car.

I use to think they filmed all movies in one take.

The world was black in white in the past and then turned into colour recently

This but 9/11

America's Most Wanted was a horror show for me

Someone was once told me that a neighboring family was supposed to be in a famous commercial, but they gave up on it because they didn't live close enough to where they were filming the commercial. It seemed bizarre to me that they couldn't make a one day trip to film it, so I got it in my mind that they couldn't make the trip every time the commercial aired. Which made me think that every time a commercial comes on tv, the actors are actually reenacting it in real time.

I thought that all movies eventually turned black and white after a certain period of time.

That's frightening. I don't think Id be able to be a functional human being if that happened to me as a child.

Nah, for me when 9/11 came around I was beyond that kind of imagination, I was waiting for raghead wearing mudslimes to invade. I had my .22 at the ready that same evening.

'86.
Happy/joyful christmas like music allwayse made me sad/depressed.

I allwayse thought anything live action was real till I was ten and then thought 'Wait if monsters and super hero's exist I would of seen that shit by now...'

Toy story only made me want to mod toys even more, just only the allready broken/old ones so not to be wasteful.

totaly thought actors did there own stunts as well. (Only to lern later it depends on the actor/situaion and etc.)

I can handle horror, blood, action flicks yet kissing and light making out allwayse flustered me into looking away and I still dont understand why.

Thisx100. I would be so damn scared for the next day or so after watching an episode as a kid. Nothing has come close to giving me that kind of terror.

Jesus Christ

>watching americas most wanted
>convinced every serial killer is sneaking around your house

>cousin convinced me if i watch air force one 5 times in a row theyd show the babysitters head getting blown off in detail

old fags report in

youtube.com/watch?v=IfeL-YqxUsM

It's cool I post on Sup Forums now

Kek, that one makes sense though

I thought that when I blinked the action would pause for a split second so I didn't miss anything
This was pretty easily disproven but I still believed it for like a week

>Toy story
I started playing with my toys again out of fear they'd turn on me after seeing that movie.

I thought the geek got the girl irl and not Chad

you're retarded

it's worrying to see how stupid the average Sup Forums shitter is

no wonder this board has become one of the worst in the last 3-4 years

once I tried to push the needles on a clock forward because I was waiting for a show on tv. only once though.

Not even meming but after it was mentioned on TV i thought that the holocaust was real, my mother indoctrinated me about the lampshades and human soap and shit when i was like 4yo, yes she unironically told me that this was real

Are you literally me?
now that I think of it, I had a lot of weird ideas about time

>watched texas chainsaw massacre
>"you know they never caught him"
>they said they last saw him in "local landmark"

>Sup Forums related
Go rant your about your mother forcing you to go to church every Sunday elsewhere

i used to believe in the force and tried to move objects around my room with my mind