Why are so few female producers in the music industry? why more female producers don't follow grimes' advice?

why are so few female producers in the music industry? why more female producers don't follow grimes' advice?
>i always hear girls say ‘take pics in front of gear and ppl will take u more srsly as a producer’. imo cute selfies wont do shit for any1. make tracks without male co producers. took 4 albums, but no one asks me if my male prod friends make my beats anymore. it is achievable

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PP62qFy0cYo
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/16566-black-is-beautiful/
pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/17489-pedro-vian-black-toms-inga-copeland-remix/
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/19392-copeland-because-im-worth-it/
theguardian.com/music/2012/apr/28/grimes-visions-montreal
smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/experts-are-weeding-out-impostor-portraits-of-mozart-15107151/
youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894
youtube.com/watch?v=Bbox4oi6HjA
youtube.com/watch?v=lhNxvoXOKcI
youtube.com/watch?v=rWY02RC2LSQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NqT_yKqIcPs
rbt.asia/mu/thread/76696277/#q76698094
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

She spends more time doing photoshoots than making music so she's one to fucking talk.

>Following
>Liked
Neck yourself.

>She spends more time doing photoshoots than making music
[citation needed]

>She spends more time doing photoshoots than making music so she's one to fucking talk.
wrong. she released 4 albums, 1 ep, and tons of extra songs in just 6 years. she works hard, at least compared to the current standards.

What's her twitch?

cuz not everyone is that talented and has such a big passion for making music like her

>no one asks me if my male prod friends amke my beats anymore
Because they just assume it, dumb cunt.

also funny how you complain about her doing a JOB to earn money for a living while most of her listeners didn't even buy her music. hipster much?

[citation needed]

ocarina_of_grimes

hello claire

>why are so few female producers in the music industry? why more female producers don't follow grimes' advice?
there's plenty of fucking female producers but majority of them are introverted and make shit music
im in music school and 70% of the ppl here are female electronic producers. doesn't mean shit if the INDUSTRY picks and chooses who they wanna give the spotlight too
if grimes went a burial route nobody would give a fuck about her
inga copeland has been a female producer longer than grimes youtube.com/watch?v=PP62qFy0cYo
and doesn't even get noticed by p4k. why u ask?
because she doesnt whine on twitter every moment.

Woah, so brave

hello

>inga copeland has been a female producer longer than grimes youtube.com/watch?v=PP62qFy0cYo
>and doesn't even get noticed by p4k. why u ask?
>because she doesnt whine on twitter every moment.
wrong. because her music isn't good enough to make people care. she never made emotional songs like oblivion and realiti. she's just yet another producer making mediocre music.

>being a producer
>all alone the whole time
>frustration, pain, difficulty
>an encyclopedia of technical and artistic knowledge needed
>no attention whoring involved

Holy Shit, who knew Grimes was so Punk! Geeze that’s a girl if I’ve ever seen one

you literally just said what i said. are you dumb?
the industry picks and chooses what female artist they wanna promote. but then whine that females never get noticed
idiotic

because it is antithesis of being a woman. It is a hobby if anything. And all "music stars" seek insta gratification, while professional competence only kicks in when you are around 35 years or older.

who the fuck would want to be a pop star with saggy tits and wrinkled face?

Grimes is an attention whore. Even worse, she is an attention prostitute.

It ain’t about that paper, it’s about hurting male producers, messing with their world, it’s about showing those boys they ain’t men enough to come down to the streets with Grimes

She is so fucking boring, I don't understand why you fags worship this shit. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

>you literally just said what i said. are you dumb?
you're dumb for believing that. read again what i wrote.
you implied - like a dumbass - that grimes got attention just because she whines on twitter. no, you idiot, she got attention because of more things combined: her great music, image, charisma, beauty, live shows etc. all these things made her popular, not whining on twitter. there are millions of musicians whining on twitter about everything, but who gives them attention?

you're mad because inga copeland makes music for longer than grimes but doesn't get enough attention. ever asked yourself that maybe her music isn't good enough to make people care? you also said:
>and doesn't even get noticed by p4k. why u ask?
but did you even check p4k first? they wrote about her:
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/16566-black-is-beautiful/
pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/17489-pedro-vian-black-toms-inga-copeland-remix/
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/19392-copeland-because-im-worth-it/
not as much as grimes because inga is not interesting enough to be news worthy.

you just have shite taste. cry some more.

>liking anything post 2010 with hundreds of millions of youtube plays

yeah nah, opinion discarded. I don't eat mcdonalds either amerifat scum

yep you're dumb
>she got attention because of more things combined: her great music, image, charisma, beauty, live shows etc. all these things made her popular, not whining on twitter. there are millions of musicians whining on twitter about everything, but who gives them attention?
so are you saying that every other male artist gets praised for doing the same thing as grimes?
heck no
the industry is the main defeating issue of women. if they can allow male artist to get praised for not even doing half the things grimes does. how come they can't do that and promote other female artist

>but did you even check p4k first? they wrote about her
2 of those are shared releases
and the other is for one album
they didnt even bother reviewing her newer releases like Lolina - Live in Paris or the ep i linked

>her great music, image, charisma, beauty
subjective buzzwords

>but did you even check p4k first?
bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

also you fucking idiot. i pointed out my first post. if you don't have an image as a female artist nOBODY CARES ABOUT YOU HENCE WHY I SAID IF SHE WAS BURIAL NOBODY WOULD CARE ABOUT HER

watch him say that grimes is more talented than burial next

I'll be sure to take advice from a person who couldn't be bothered to start a sentence with a capital letter and isn't able to conjure up a sentence without abysmal number of abbreviations.

>if you don't have an image as a female artist nOBODY CARES ABOUT YOU HENCE WHY I SAID IF SHE WAS BURIAL NOBODY WOULD CARE ABOUT HER
why are you so mad, bro? this is the way the world works. all legendary artists (regardless of gender) have a great image: kate bush? check. bjork? check. david bowie? check. the beatles? check. prince? check. etc. if you want people to remember you, you must be memorable in every way. just the music istelf is not enough. even the classical folks like bach, mozart, beethoven all had a strong visual identity. you know that pic related is mozart even the dude is dead for centuries. this is how it works.
learn more from grimes:
>"Branding" is a word Claire mentions often, with an enthusiasm that might offend preceding indie generations. "I used to think that focusing on the visual aspect was really vapid and ridiculous too," she admits, "but I've come to realise it's actually one of the most powerful tools I have to work with. The way that you present yourself visually totally dictates your audience and everything that anyone thinks about you. What's the difference between Napoleon and everyone else? Napoleon had great image branding. When people think of Napoleon they're not thinking of the Egyptian campaign or whatever, they're thinking of his fucking hat and his fucking hand in his waistcoat."
theguardian.com/music/2012/apr/28/grimes-visions-montreal
this is what separates the legends from mere great artists.

she's actually more talented than burial, but that's another story. announce me when burial made a song as good as oblivion. thanks.
speaking of burial: he doesn't have an image and that will cost his legacy. in 50 years form now nobody will give a fuck about his music because he doesn't have something extra (cultural context) to make people pay attention. he will be in the same basket as countless of imageless producers.

your cultural """""context""""" strives as long as capitalist strives

enjoy having all your image over substance artists being thrown in the bin of history the moment capitalism kick the bucket

whatever, commie. do you think any of the artists from the past 1000 years will have any relevance 10000 years from now? 100000 from now? when it was the last time you listened to music made in 123 B.C.?

>you know that pic related is mozart even the dude is dead for centuries
um actually sweetie

smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/experts-are-weeding-out-impostor-portraits-of-mozart-15107151/

People are still listening to folk tunes from centuries ago.

they are a minority. and i'm 100% sure nobody would give a fuck about these folk tunes 10000 years from now. or 1 million years, or 1 billion years; pick your range. at some point someone will play one of these songs for the last time ever.
this planet is 4.54 billion years old; the human race is 200k years old; now calculate the relevancy of the human race.

the ridiculousness of this post has left me polarized and unable to seriously argue further

good job user

you can't handle the truth, user. think big or go home. it's silly when people argue about music relevancy when you consider the huge scale of the universe's timeline. you need a new perspective.

wtf I love Grimes now

>grimesfags actually makes grimes point null void
bravo. she got btfo by her own fans lmao

grimes didn't argue about music relevancy in general, so get the hell out of here and take your strawman with you.

>even the classical folks like bach, mozart, beethoven all had a strong visual identity
No they didn't. You only know what they look like because their music was actually good. Grimes' music isn't good.

Here's a comparison:
youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894
youtube.com/watch?v=Bbox4oi6HjA

>Here's a comparison:
that's subjective. i actually prefer grimes' piece; it's more exciting, emotional, melodic, catchy and straight to the point. the other piece sounds like your meandering generic classical music you hear in movie soundtracks or fancy elevators. and that organ sounds cheesy as fuck. also it's way too simple for my ears. i'm not impressed by a bunch of notes. could you even remember its melody?

>You only know what they look like because their music was actually good.
no. because the music world at that time cared enough to preserve and popularize their music. without that preservation and promotion, all those classical folks would be lost in history. also the competition in music was much much lower than these days, so these classical folks stood up easier.
>Grimes' music isn't good.
subjective. you just don't like it.

You like music you can dance to, we get it. You're not the first one who feels this way about music.

grimes has many songs you can't even dance to them. e.g. youtube.com/watch?v=lhNxvoXOKcI
the thing is that some of her songs seem danceable because they have great beats. in classical music percussion is just an afterthought. her songs aren't just empty shells with some meandering melodies to impress the plebs, but actual layered songs full of details and rich textures. also her voice adds a human element that lacks in classical music. classical music has more complex and meandering melodies but that's the only thing they have over grimes' music. remember: more complex =/= better,

>exciting, emotional, catchy
Yes, these are subjective claims. Go on.

>straight to the point
The Grimes track is simpler, yes. Not that that's a bad thing, per se.

>melodic
Wrong. The Bach piece is way more melodically centered and focused on melodical development

>generic meandering classical music
You don't know anything about music then. Clearly talking out of your ass.

>cheesy organ
Subjective.

Why does Sup Forums think they can discuss music when they can't even differentiate between basic musical terms?

look dont bother posting. this guy sits at home all day coming up with poor logic to convince you grimes is the best artist
ignore him and let this thread 404

>percussion an afterthought in classical
Wrong.

>layered songs full of details
I just posted a fucking FUGUE. Do you even know what you're discussing?

>human element that lacks because of voice in classical
youtube.com/watch?v=rWY02RC2LSQ
Fuck off.

Please educate yourself before discussing, thanks.

>Yes, these are subjective claims. Go on.
i already implied that. i said i prefer her music.

>The Grimes track is simpler, yes. Not that that's a bad thing, per se.
simpler melody but much more complex if add all the other elements (beats, basslines, synth pads, vocals, backing vocals, etc) that classical piece is clearly missing.

>Wrong. The Bach piece is way more melodically centered and focused on melodical development
that grimes song seems way more melodic to me. the melody is very well done and repeated enough times to become memorable. that bach piece is simply meandering without a strong motif or somethign to elevate it from ordinary. bach has better pieces.

>You don't know anything about music then. Clearly talking out of your ass.
no, you. that piece has a meandering melody, like it or not. don't deny facts.

>cheesy organ
>Subjective.
yes.

(you)

>I just posted a fucking FUGUE. Do you even know what you're discussing?
then why did you post a rich and layered song like be a body next to a simple fugue? you shot yourself in the foot with that comparison.

>percussion an afterthought in classical
>Wrong.
prove me wrong. show me 10 well known pieces with strong percussion during the entire pieces.

>youtube.com/watch?v=rWY02RC2LSQ
nice try to post an exception. the rule is that most classical is instrumental.

>Fuck off.
not an argument. also chill out a bit. do you want to become a raging autist?

>simpler melody but much more complex if add all the other elements
The Grimes track is almost homophony, how can you say it's more complex? Emphasized, 4/4 beats even. C'mon, i like that song but don't pretend they're in the same league

>that grimes song seems way more melodic to me
You don't know what melodic means, then
>no strong motif
It's a fugue, dumbass, the motif IS the music.
youtube.com/watch?v=NqT_yKqIcPs

Why does she write like a literal retard

>post an exception
Nearly all classical music from 1200-1600 was vocal.

>layered song next to a simple fugue
The fugue is not simple. The track may be layered, but it's not complex.

>prove me wrong
Not gonna spoonfeed, listen to Varése, Bach's cantatas, Janacek, Reich, Messiaen, Nielsen, Xenakis, Feldman to name a few, percussion is used freely

>The Grimes track is almost homophony, how can you say it's more complex? Emphasized, 4/4 beats even. C'mon, i like that song but don't pretend they're in the same league
did you even hear about other forms of compexity?
>This is the sort of context in which the complexity of Grimes' music (especially regarding her earlier stuff) is based; constant, conscious variations in sound quality rather than formal structure.
more here: rbt.asia/mu/thread/76696277/#q76698094

>You don't know what melodic means, then
you wish.

>It's a fugue, dumbass, the motif IS the music.
i don't care what it is. you picked that example, deal with it. that fugue you posted doesn't have a memorable melody. compared to that grimes piece, it sounds weak, empty, ordinary and meandering.
how about to stop being such a pretentious classical hipster and praise anything with bach in its name regardless of quality?

>The track may be layered, but it's not complex.
rbt.asia/mu/thread/76696277/#q76698094

>did you even hear about other forms of compexity?
Yes, and Bach is more complex in more ways.

>that definition
I'm talking about the musical term melodic. Not the general term. Melodically advanced music is focused around developing melodies, often contrapunctally to create chordal movements.

>weak, empty, ordinary and meandering
Prove it. Show me where that Bach piece is 'ordinary'. And tell me how the Grimes piece is such a masterpiece.

>thinks Bach, aka the most famous, well known, acclaimed composer is hipster
Please, just fucking go

Tell me exactly how BWV 582 is like the music of Grimes.

>inb4 muh development
Yes, music does that, doesn't mean that they're similar, y'know, besides that they're both music.

the fact that you went on google to look up the dictionary definition of melodic as opposed to the musical definition of melodic richness is pretty sad

I know local musicians who crank gold out on a daily basis. There are a bunch of "local" musicians everywhere who do exactly that.

> No memorable melody

Dude, how shitty is your memory?

lol this is the end of Sup Forums...

people on here literally think they're some big time record producer who has an ear for quality

>crank gold out on a daily basis
what you think it's gold it's actually generic trash

as a matter of fact every single time i challenge someone who hates grimes to post his own music, every time he posts some crappy music. people are ridiculously delusional about their shitty music.

>doesn't have a memorable melody
lol

bump

bump