For those who appreciate classic rock, if you had to pick between The Beatles or Led Zeppelin, who would you pick?

For those who appreciate classic rock, if you had to pick between The Beatles or Led Zeppelin, who would you pick?

Both are incredibly influential bands, but my pick would have to go to the beatles for creativity and the ability to convert that into more catchy, psychedelic and sometimes avant-garde for its time. Also for their chemistry and their adaptability to eachothers styles.

Bump, no opinions?

neither the rolling stones and beach boys were better than both

Led Zepplin, I get why the Beatles are important but man by current standards they're nothing special.

beatles and it's not even close

Beatles all day

The Beatles are probably my favorite band. Led Zeppelin is the 2nd most overrated rock band of all time behind The Stones.

The Kinks

Is this one of the most contrarian things to say?

ween

Beatles by far

t. Guy who hasn't listened to the Beatles

>by current standard
man, what an idiotic thing to say. who are you comparing them to? because I bet 9/10 rock bands today will tell you that they were influenced by at least some of the Beatles' stuff.

ACDC

who gives a shit if they influence them. if the influence doesn't impress me why should i listen?

this is major bait

definitely the beatles. ive loved them since i was a kid. I don't know much about technical things that make a band great; but i've always loved the sound of the beatles more than led zeppelin.

they're not similar, why would I pick between them anyway?

The Beatles owe a lot to George martin for their sound. Zeppelin had better musicians and some of the tightest rhythm players in rock

did the beatles get exposed by their female counterpart? i dont think so

A glass of soymilk for everyone who picks beattles.

Zepp. I acknowledge that the Beatles were more important/influential but i just enjoy listening to Led Zeppelin more.

I remember having this one guy in high school back in 2008. I was a dad rocker all the way, pink floyd, led zep etc. He was constantly listening to Beattles.
One day i was so frustrated that he made me listen to that soy shit i called him a faggot. Few years later we meet again, he has a tattoo on his neck with chinese letters and some gay ass quote about life.
In a few words,incels go ahead and pick beattles, you are clueless.

>implying the golden age of the Stones wasn't better than anything Led Zeppelin did

Beatles, but only because Zeppelin are such boring shit, at least the Beatles had some good songs

>I will take it in the ass.
>But only because i can't get a boner myself.
>Am not a fag!

Rolling Stones

But if I have to choose, The Beatles. Led Zeppelin never did anything for me.

Is this even up for debate?
I mean THE BEATLES HANDS DOWN!

FUCK LEAD BLIMP!

Littleraly a meme thread
>Virgin beattles
>vs
>Chad Led zep

Neither are album bands for me, I like about ten songs from each that I would listen to but that's it.

That being said, I prefer the ones I like from The Beatles infinitely to the ones I like from Zeppelin. LZ's sound has aged badly like a lot of other hard rock of that time with everything being just blues scale riffs with blues scale solos. Shit gets boring after a while. I guess it was the party anthem music of its time that went hard, but even in that respect, hell ESPECIALLY in that respect it hasn't aged well either because contemporary music is so much more energetic. Meanwhile, at least when I listen to the songs I do like from The Beatles, there's always interesting harmonic progressions and lots other colorful instrumentation in there. It's more mentally engaging.

The thing is, from any given generation, the music that's energetic, hard, and visceral will never age as well as the more cerebral, complex kind because the next generation's energetic, hard, visceral music will outdo the previous generation's due to things like better production, further optimizing rhythms, etc. But a more complex work can still be mentally engaging because it doesn't rely so much on that surface value of hard hitting gut feel.

Beatles, even though I’m slightly biased. My dad pretty much raised me on their music, so they are pretty much the foundation my musical tastes are built on.

>hasnt listened to Physical Graffiti in full

Pleb

Of course I have. I have listened to all their stuff in full. How the hell do you think I picked out my favorite tracks?

>i listened to all of them
>Then picked on the 10 tracks I listened to the radio before
>Led zep suk XD

Nah, I can't stand Communication Breakdown, Kashmir, and a couple other of their well known tracks. Shit sounds embarrassing with them trying to be hard and manly when there's harder and manlier music out there now.

>Nah, I can't stand Communication Breakdown, Kashmir, and a couple other of their well known tracks
You so special kid.
>Shit sounds embarrassing with them trying to be hard and manly
Meanwhile listens to "lil" rappers like any other 18yo kid.
>when there's harder and manlier music out there now.
There wasn't back then.
Gtfo newfag,go eat your veggies and grow up.

I think you should listen to PG again if you think it isn't a complete album

Yeah, there wasn't back then. There is now. Stop being butthurt I don't want to listen to your outdated dadrock.

>80 minutes of blues scale
Yeah, nah I am good my dude.

jesus he actually believes the bitch ass niggers he listens to are manly

Stop making it so obvious you never listened or gave it a chance

Zeppelin because they know their instruments better.

Terrible opinion

Beatles by far

Better composition and better songwriting

Zep are better musicians but Beatles are much better songwriters and have 3 singers vs 1 so songs feel more different. Doesn't help that the 1 Zep singer is mostly just screaming baby for 5 minutes every song.