What does Sup Forums think about this movie?

what does Sup Forums think about this movie?

It's alright. Not bad, not exceptional. For a movie that's mostly Cusack by himself in one set it's quite solid.

It's an evil fuckin' room.

its good to watch every now and then, entertaining

what did you think about the alternate ending? i honestly prefer the original one, its much spookier.

I have read the novel as I am a literate man.

I consider the written word far superior to all forms of kino.

I thought that song usage was pretty spooky

Twas a solid flick

Short story was better. The movie added way too much filler.

I've watched it like once a year for 8 years, it's just the right kind of spooky and mindfucking. Samuel Jackson in the fridge is the funniest thing.

>stephen king
>literate

lmao you fucking pleb

Pretty gud. It took one of Kings better short stories and expanded on it. It's nothing exemplary, but it's worth a watch

I can think of at least 5 films that were better than the book and that's just off the top of my head.

Which one is the alternate ending? I prefer the one where he burns with the room cause it's more appropriate for his character arc.

Much better I expected honestly

It's quite decent.

Honestly I wish it was scarier.

It's a movie so you have to pad it up.

King is actually surprisingly a good writer from time to time with many of his books translating well to film.

When I lay in bed and accidently scaring myself at night, that window scene always comes to mind.

the original ending was the one where he lives, plays the tape recorder and spooks his wife. The alternate ending was when he dies and samuel jackson gets spooked by his ghost in his funeral.

stop taking that cunts bait
it's not even based on a novel, just a short story

King is a trash writer anyway, whether it's a short story or a novel but what do I expect from the most normalfag board on Sup Forums.

I prefer the original ending too. Even though the alternate ending goes better with the plot of the movie. Cause no one lives after staying in the room, and John Cusack thinks it's all a hoax, but then is proven wrong in a very bad way.

The ghost at the funeral is unnecessary, Sam Jackson doesn't see the ghost of any other guest.

Ghost = guest
John Cusack died surfing!

*novella

Typical Sup Forums boor.

So because I enjoy Stephen King this means I read only his style of literature.

This is the thought process of a toddler.

Eat shit and die you unpleasant cunt, I shan't waste any more of my important time on trolls such as thee.

I can't argue with that
the fact that like 90 percent of his main characters are writers shows that he lacks the ability to create distinguishable and intresting characters.
It's basically like he writes himself in every novel because he cant think of a perspective thats not his own.

nah mate it's a short story
it was published in a collection along a novella though

Cusack should've quit in the 80s.

I can argue that. The stories are interesting, even if not every character is memorable. If you ignore the protagonist, the diversity increases quite a bit. Very few stories are character driven anyway.

Also
Pet Semetary
Green Mile
Shawshank Redemption
etc. None about writers

>twn be a good adaption of pet sematary

:(

King's short stories are 1000x better than his novels.

I'm still reading Pet Sematary. I liked and I can see where South Park made parodies.

As for short stories, it's up in the air. There's something nice about reading a large sprawling story but you are right, with stuff like The Walk, it's even better than most else I've read. Bit size.

Damn, I might reread it.

well in the movie the room tells cusack "even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room," which could mean that as soon as somebody enters the room they are cursed (hence why the repairman wont enter). So in the alternate ending cusacks personal items acted as an extension of the room, which is why sam jackson saw the ghost.

I like this one better

Horror stories work better when they are short, if you drag it out it the horror lessens.

Ah, well he didn't write just horror. Green Mile isn't really horror nor is that book that became a tv show I STILL haven't seen (though I did read. The JFK tiem travel one)

cringe

finna watch this tonighte, should i go w directors cut or thetatrical cut?

Theatrical

i think the only difference is the ending. Directors cut gets the alternate ending.

The alternate ending is shit you idiot.

I felt a surge of euphoria after reading this post.
*tips fedora*

i was stating the difference, i wasnt recommending him the directors cut edition.

Terrible

saw it in 2007. walked out of the cinema a third of the way through because it was terrible. does it get any better?

which part did you walk out of

I can't remember I think some guy went to fix the thermostat or something and by that point i'd had enough.

it was still ramping up by that point, after that the room makes cusack go through stuff that would make him want to kill himself.

I agree i was always mad the dvd didn't have the theatrical ending.