What was Fincher thinking with that shit-tier CGI?

What was Fincher thinking with that shit-tier CGI?

The puppet looked so great. Why not use it all the time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DNuzmKc7mq4
youtube.com/watch?v=ok257N2UBCg
imdb.com/title/tt0078749/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They lookked fine to me.

This is the puppet nigga, just the compostion is shit.

you are full of thit.

This was 1992 and fucking Star Wars special effects look much better

But puppet is not live on screen. It looks like cut out of newsmagazine and copied over film.

It looked ok back in the day, even T2 doesn't hold up on HD:

Because the puppet is significantly small in real life.

If it were done today, they'd probably build a life size puppet with green-covered rods and controls attached to it,

or build an animatronic/puppet suit that fits over an actor who is wearing a green-colored bodysuit.

i dunno man back in the standard definition days i felt the cgi alien in 3 looked surreal and nightmare-like

This scene is fucking awesome i don't care what anyone says.

youtube.com/watch?v=DNuzmKc7mq4

most people agree that scene is awesome. it's the shitty puppet that gets all the hate.

OP is trolling

Do practical composite effects ever look good? Like with the dropship landing in Aliens, it seems like something that's impossible to do well without CGI.

I heard production in this movie was a nightmare so I'll give him a pass

>If it were done today, they'd probably build a life size puppet

in The Thing wich was 10 years older there were live size puppets

Generaly this is the best kino of Alien movies but that CGI ruins everything

I'm not trolling. This alien is kino. CGI is just shit and I'm asking why Fincher didn't stick to practical effects with Alien (which got best look in this part) all the time and he allowed that amateurish CGI shit.

Because you can't make a puppet scamper around the ceiling like a hyperactive xenodoggy.

Nah it's only there for a split second. Quit being such a baby.

Who turned off SSAO?

Have a puppet scamper along the floor with the camera upside down?

It looks ok in the thread thumbnail, and would probably look acceptable on VHS but on DVD and beyond it looks like shite.

Great idea. Just stick all the human actors to the ceiling with superglue.

>xenodog
What about xenosharks? Shit, there should be a movie where they travel back in time and there are xenosaurs, you know, xenos that burst out of dinosaurs, that'd be fucking AWESOME nerds

>and I'm asking why Fincher didn't stick to practical effects with Alien
The xeno in 3 actually was practical, it was an incredibly well made puppet that was greenscreened over scenes that were already filmed.

It looks like shit because of the shitty greenscreen tech at the time. Can't remember the actual term for the special effect.

If it were done today it'd be CGI and they'd laugh you out of the room for wanting to use a puppet

Here, found the video again, it's very interesting.

youtube.com/watch?v=ok257N2UBCg

>Alien
>Aliens
>Alien 3

Where is Alien 2 then?

Where's Alien: With a Vengeance?

>no Alien X with cyborg alien wearing a hockey mask

>CGI

It's a rod-puppet you dumb cunt. The only time the alien was CGI in the film was when its head cracked at the end.

>He hasnt seen the Italian sequel

imdb.com/title/tt0078749/

Ok so still they shoot video with tiny puppet and then glued it over video which looked like shit in each fucking frame where alien runs.

They COULD stick with the large one like in this scene: youtube.com/watch?v=DNuzmKc7mq4