I don't like heavy metal music, its so raw and noisy

>I don't like heavy metal music, its so raw and noisy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N2uB0ZYR6fM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Raw and noisy music can be good. Metal simply sucks.

Nah it's cuz it's all minor key boring ass power chord shit that all sounds the same and any real innovation in the genre is looked down upon so none of its innovations are really taken advantage of.

>I like heavy metal music, its so raw and noisy

Is there a more pretentious genre of music than metal? I think not.

There's not a damn thing that metal's actually fully good at doing.

It often tries to be dark and chaotic, but it's severely held back by trying to be within standard musical structures. Stuff like industrial, dark ambient, power electronics, etc. does a far better job at actually being dark.

Metal also tries to at other times be epic. Also it tries to add in more complex, classical music inspired structures into the music to be muh intelligent. It offers both these concepts in a much watered down fashion compared to western art music which can be so much more epic with far more colorful instrumentation with complexity unmatched by any popular music genre, metal included.

But then this is where you go "but I like my music to be aggressive, you soyboy beta cuck nu male!" And metal fails at even that. The genre sacrifices too much potential for aggression by trying to do the pretentious trick I mentioned earlier where it tries to be more structurally complex or make intricate riffs which just doesn't work in a pop structure. Genres like punk (and its many subgenres), noise rock, no wave, harsh noise, even some hip hop/electronic music styles, etc. cut out all that bullshit to deliver something that's far more aggressive and hard hitting than metal will ever be.

Metal is literally the worst of all aspects of music as it's unable to bring the sophistication of the most sophisticated music, the intensity of the most intense music, the rawness of the most raw music, nor any sense of dynamics (unless it's goofy gimmicky prog shit), interesting rhythms, nor the kind of flow to the music to give it some kind of emotional meaning.

It probably ties with prog rock and art rock as some of the most overrated, shitty music ever made.

Metal is noisy but it sure as hell ain’t raw. Old timey folk is raw, delta blues is raw, metal is just posers trying to look hard.

that's a lot of effort for such shitty bait

what's the most soy genre?

Whatever genre you don't like

It's...kinda true though.
Soy as in shit hipster kids listen to? Probably indie rock or something. Soy as in shit pussy ass losers listen to? Probably prog or metal.

metal and pop

every genre i don't like

Top 40 pop music.

>mfw I shaved my beard because of this stupid fucking meme

i hate metal because it has cringey lyrics and retarded vocals, and the fans are all autistic virgins

numales love that shit. op youre fuckign retarded

Twee Pop

Do you use glasses by any chance?

Yes, why?

I don't like most metal but I do like harsh noise. What's up with that? Maybe it's just the neckbeard connotations metal has that keeps me away?

Indie Folk/Rock that is absolutely boring and non-threatening as fuck. Kings of Leon, The Killers, Arctic Monkeys, Bon Iver, Mumford and Sons, Lumineers etc.

>This is what Sup Forums does to people

You had the natural soystyle

Read what's in the above longer post. Harsh noise kinda sifts through the bullshit of metal, and unlike metal is far more abrasive while also being actually dark rather than cheesy B-movie dark.

What about Arctic Monkeys second album?

Not having 20/20 vision is naturally soy. Even contacts can't save you.

This

that's punk though

If liking most types of music is considered "soy," than what isn't "soy?"

marching music?

Nah, punk didn't mind doing stuff outside minor keys, and readily implemented a variety of aspects to the music. No metal record has the variety of something like Zen Arcade without sounding like some goofball avant circus.

I don't think I've seen this many people talking out of their ass in the same thread. Jesus fucking Christ.

Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

>need beard to look masculine
>doesnt rely on masculine chiseled jawline
Fucking soy boys in here

metal

you made the right decision

>50 minutes of impressive technical skill
>not a single second of it is memorable because the lack of dynamics and variety makes everything sound identical

>i only enjoy blackgaze and atmospheric black metal

heavy metal is the only good metal

wow is that the nostalgia critic? He listen to same music as ME!?

And so it continues.

>all metal is tech wank

who is your favorite metal?

youtube.com/watch?v=N2uB0ZYR6fM Heads only music.