Japanese university

I'm going to be transferring to a Japanese college soon. I'm a 6'2" white guy, who is not autistic and dresses well (although I'm a little overweight). How much potential pussy will there be for me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A1oxh8Z-2ko
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Translated: I'm a 5'11'' fatass that goes around in his dad's dress that thinks Japanese girls will worship my cock because I'm white and watch anime

/thread

Don't project on me Mario. I'm legitimately curious.

Why does it always have to be Americans to make these retarded threads?

if you can't get laid in the states you definitely aren't getting laid in Japan

>How much potential pussy will there be for me?
what a pointless question. go there and see for yourself

Curious about how I managed to profile you with such fidelity? I'm magic

This. If you can get laid, you can get laid anywhere. If you can't do it now, you will struggle everywhere.

>if you can't get laid in the states you definitely aren't getting laid in Japan

This.
The whole "go abroad and get laid" thing is a myth.
If you are an awkward autist at home you won't switch into overdrive abroad.
If you are somewhat confident guy who knows how to talk to women and has had some success in the past you will have an easier time abroad due to being different-looking.

If you fuck 6s at home, you'll land 7s abroad, but that's about the extent of the magic.

Ever been to Japan?

10/10
Not much, unless you have low standards. The average Jap girl is not very beautiful, and the beautiful ones are less likely to like foreigners and a lot less likely to know English.
Do you know any Japanese at all?

Like I said before, I'm not the autistic guy. I've had success here in the US before. Was just curious about the white guy attractiveness in Japan meme I keep hearing about on here.

I have yellow fever so of course I'm going to disagree with you on the attractiveness part. I know Japanese also, not amazing by any means but conversational.

There is a lot of you and you travel more than others so.. statistics

>Don't project on me

you're a big enough guy

そうなの?
よく知らない人と日本語でしゃべったことがある?
日本語で美人を褒めたり、ふざけたり出来ると思うの?

あの美しかって、大阪か東京のような大都会では美しい女がよくいるけど、外国人に興味のある美しい女の子に出会うには日本より台湾や韓国のほうがいいと思う。

nope but I know if you suck at interacting with girls when you are fluent in the language you will struggle even more when you aren't

日本に行ったことがありますか?
どして韓国と台湾の方がいいと思いますか?
私は、京都で留学しました。
It was about two months long and I was constantly busy so I had little free time, but I still got around 4 interested in me even with that limitation. Made the thread to see how it would go over a longer time period but maybe I should have been less blunt to not trigger all the autists on here.

kek based af

京都に住んだことがある。そこに大学で研究したんだ。
女子のために行かなかったけど。
日本人はあまり美しくないのにとっても親切な人で、国もすごくきれいなので素晴らしい経験だった。

その女性達には会ったことがある?現実で写真よりブサイクだってよくあるよ。
台湾人や韓国人をもっと美しく見える理由は説明できない。少しだけ偏見だかも知れない。

同志社ですか?
京都に住みたい
I don't want to make it sound like I'm going just for girls, it's a part of it but I also love the people there and Kyoto is comfy as fuck. Would like to english teach there after graduation. How come you're not there now?
私にとっては、韓国人、台湾人、日本人は同じように見えると思います。
Maybe that's racist but I really can't tell much difference. Koreans and Taiwanese get more plastic surgery so maybe that's why you like them more?

Taiwanese girls really are cute; there's a difference. Taiwan in general is based

You don't seem to have such an easy time writing Japanese tbqh.

You should also know that Japanese girls often hang out with foreigners because they like free English lessons, and the only way to know this isn't the case is by talking Japanese all the time and seeing if they're still interested.

I can't really explain aesthetics, but it's just that although the average Korean or Chinese is still really ugly, the number of beautiful girls, even without surgery, seems a bit higher. And as I said, beautiful Japanese girls generally aren't interested in foreigners.

I went to 京大 by the way.
You should probably practice more Japanese so it can't hurt to get in contact with Japanese, but I really think it's a bit low and stereotypically American to go all >muh dick out there.

How were you treated in Japan? Are you ethnically white/european? I'm asking because I'm learning Japanese since I'm interesting in Japanese history, and I often hear that foreigners are met with kind of an ice wall by the Japanese people. From what I can understand, many gaijin feel that they are accosted only when people want to practice their english on them, and that generally Japanese people avoid and see foreigners as an overall bad thing.

I haven't been to Japan, but my main worry is that I will be seen as a threat of some kind. I don't blame them for being xenophobic, but maybe I'm just being too gullible with these gaijin hirror stories.

お前日本人だろ

>日本人はあまり美しくないのにとっても親切な人で

美しかったら親切なんですかそうですか…

there's an austistic dane in japan right now that comes to the japanese thread once in a while
he has a youtube channel called the hitchhiking viking or something
maybe ask him

If you go to Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, basically any large enough city you will not be stared at.
If you go to the countryside, people will glance a bit.

I was treated very well! I'm ethnically Dutch with maybe 1/64th French and 1/64 German.
To get in touch with Japanese students you just need to go to an izakaya and get completely wasted a few times. They have a bit different sense of humour though, so you might need a few moments to adjust. And you need to speak Japanese very well because the average person can't speak English for shit.
I have never felt unsafe, and police have always treated me in the exact same way as they treat Japanese.
Japanese people also like to help people out! Sometimes people are just afraid to talk with you because they think you don't know Japanese and they are afraid to fail at speaking English.

All in all you shouldn't worry. Most of the terrible stories are written by Americans, who somehow expect the whole world to cater to them and adjust to their culture. As a Danish you should be perfectly fine, seeing as Danish people generally aren't too loud or boisterous.

I haven't been in Japan for over a year and haven't had a Japanese class in a few months, so I'm really pretty rusty. I talk to a few girls on LINE and such actually, usually the conversation devolves in English though, so I'm trying to push myself into talking Japanese again. I should probably do anki or something too.
Also I was at work just a few minutes ago so I didn't have a lot of time to try to think and translate everything.

I don't know what you mean by going
>muh dick
It just seems like a fact, with my own experiences and from what I've heard from people on here and my own friends in Japan, that Asian girls tend to like white guys. Of course you gotta watch out for getting gaijin hunted and such.

And really, I think you're insane if you think Koreans and Taiwanese look signifcantly different from Japanese people.

Fpbp

日本人です
日本人で生まれてよかった

>tend to like white guys.
>Of course you gotta watch out for getting gaijin hunted

are you unironically implying asians who like white guys aren't gaijin hunters

source

じゃないよ。住んだことがあるだけ
関係がないのに少し対照的なことだと思ってた。
Meh.
Taiwanese really look very good. With Koreans it's probably part surgery.

I take it you're planning to actually live in Japan?

Of course there is a difference between someone being ok with/having a preference for a white guy and only dating someone due to being a white guy or only because they know English and can teach you for free.

Yes I'm planning on living there.

>Yes I'm planning on living there.

馬鹿じゃねーのwwwww
こうやって現実を知らずに夢見て日本に来た糞馬鹿外人共の95%以上はポッキリ心が折れて帰国するんだよwwww

Thanks for the answer man, I appreciate it. I took a liking to Japan after getting really into Shinto mythology, and moved on to reading about their history. I'd probably be more of a countryside guy, even if I'm stared at. It looks very peaceful and beautiful and has a lot of really cool shrines.

Another question if you don't mind. I assume that you speak Japanese fluently, so did you ever have trouble understand a dialect in Japan? From what I understand, regional dialects have been fading out due to the influence of the standard Japanese dialect, but still exists in some regions.

You don't miss home when you're there?
Even though I really loved my time there, I really started missing my friends back in the Netherlands.
I think two months isn't long enough to really find out if it's the country you'll want to live in tbqh.
The summers are also way too hot and humid for me, I could only live in Hokkaidou if I moved there.
Plus I simply had to move back here because the research I was doing there was part of my thesis for med school, and I still had to do my clinical clerkships.

I definitely plan on returning there, but I don't think I'd like to live there for more than a year.

それなー
でもそれを気づくには日本に住まなくちゃ。

+1

I've already heard all the anti-moving-to-Japan stuff from other anons before. I don't care, I liked it too much when I was in Japan.
You should go for it man. I really liked Kyoto due to all the temples and shrines around, it felt very distinctly Japanese. I also liked it because it was still a city and you could do more things because of that. I have heard of a few people who got stuck in too remote of a place in Japan and ended up hating it after awhile, so you'll have to find the right balance.

Obviously my Japanese isn't as good as that guys is but I never had too too much trouble with accents, it's something that will throw you off for sure but I think you can adjust to it in not that much time.

それな

外国人が日本のことをよくshitholeとか言うのを見るけどあいつらは文化の違いってのを知らないのかねぇ。日本人は日本に住むのが適していて中国人は中国、アメリカ人はアメリカっていうふうにな。日本人がヨーロッパに移住したらなんの障害/アジア人への人種差別も無く暮らせるのかって話だよ。

You can speak to anyone using proper Kanto dialect/textbook Japanese and they'll understand you. They'll also reply in proper Japanese.

If you are in the Kansai region and you go out with lots of Japanese guys, they'll start using stuff like this:
~ない ー> ~へん
~だ ー> ~や
ダメ ー> アカン
疲れた ー> しんどい
とっても ー> めっちゃ
なんでやねん = you're kidding!

Just learn those and you can understand most of it. You need to get used to the different intonation too, but it's not too hard when you live there for a while.
For the rest, local dialects are mostly spoken by old people.

In the countryside, remember to always greet your neighbours and stuff. I think you'll do fine though, just remember not to behave too American.

I really don't miss home when I'm there. I live in a pretty boring town in the USA. Of course I would miss my friends but a lot of them I went to Japan with are also trying to live there too, so I'm not too worried about that. Another thing is, like I said before, I have yellow fever so I like it there for that reason. Put yourself in my shoes where all the American girls around in my town are either obese, black, or just plain ugly.

I just think my life would be more interesting if I lived there, that's my own preference, I can totally respect you not wanting to live there for more than a year.

Also you seem to have a weird thing against Americans. How do you think we act there? Too loud?

Well, if you live in a boring town aren't you just better off moving to a big city?
There are lots of beautiful girls in New York and Boston.
Girls in California are a bit spoiled I've heard, but surely New England isn't too bad.

Americans are generally just loud.
I really don't dislike you guys, don't take it wrong. Americans are really friendly and energetic, but I think there's just some sort of mismatch between the quit, humble, and selfless Japanese and the really enthousiastic "here I am" attitude that most Americans have.

ayy lmao koto desu ne

I see, thanks a lot for the information. I will try traveling there once my Japanese gets better, I'd rather not bother people with broken Japanese.

>just remember not to behave too American.
I think I can manage that. I'm a quiet person and try not to annoy people. I understand that the Japanese have their own social code that they follow, so I will adjust to their way when I'm there.

日本人で生まれて本当に良かった

I think that's why Americans are appealing to Japanese people though. Of course if you overdo it you're gonna scare them away. I always tried to mix the typical Japanese quietness and politness with my own foreign-ness.

I could go to an American city, but I dunno, I don't think that's enough for me. Worst case scenario, I'm only 20 years old right now, so I can pivot out of Japan if I like after graduating there. Right now I don't expect that to happen though.

Really on the other hand, I've seen too many people at my current American college study abroad in Japan for a few months and come back and end up beinf depressed that they can't stay longer, so I don't want to make that same mistake.

リア充死ねええええええええええ

みんな、自分のザーメンを飲んだことある?

I love zapan

>I think that's why Americans are appealing to Japanese people though
I think it's the fact that white people are tall, come from an emancipated culture, and are just exotic.

If you don't adapt to the local social norms, you're not going to properly fit in.
To live in Japan and not live in your own secluded expat world you don't just need a wife, you're going to need Japanese male friends too.

Really, if you're banking on your American-ness, you're only going to attract gaijin-hunter chicks, or people who want free English lessons.
If you plan on going there, please, please try to fit in with society and don't give westerners a bad name.

And as I said, I think a few months is simply not enough to know for sure if you want to actually live there. You really need to carefully weigh the pros and cons, and don't let the excitement of just living in another culture cloud your judgement.

ほっかいどおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおお

youtube.com/watch?v=A1oxh8Z-2ko

>I think it's the fact that white people are tall, come from an emancipated culture, and are just exotic.
I certainly think that's the majority of it. But I don't think you can deny that a certain amount of Japanese people are going to like American culture, with our media being the biggest and all. If you ask a Japanese person which nationality they'd most want to date, most of them would say American.
Of course, that doesn't mean act like a jackass. I don't want or plan on being the expat who only goes to the expat-only bars. I really liked hanging out with Japanese guys and going to the iazakayas and such. I actually have a few text conversations going on now with Japanese guys and girls I meet on language learning apps (or from when I was in Japan), which I've been doing for months. Right now I can only tell you my intentions since I'm not back in Japan yet, but I have a fair few friends who have made it to Japan and have stayed there, so I know it's possible.

By the way, how was you study at Kyodai? I'm looking into Doshisha and Sophia right now myself, the English-language programs.

ほ っ か い ど う

やっぱ北海道の地名が一番だよな
いい地名
いい天気
いい温泉
いい自然
いい方言

良い過ぎて関東が泣けるわ

I didn't go there through any regular programs, I just contacted a researcher through my own connections. I was there as a researcher, not a student.

I think Doshisha is fine. The location is nice, right next to the imperial park. It's also really close to one of Kyoto's few subway lines.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll have a really great time!
I know I said it already, but just really remember to behave humbly, not be too loud, keep in mind the local culture, and be mindful of others.
Best of luck!

Hey thanks man, sorry if I ever came off as dickish by making this thread

real quick before you leave, any advice on getting back into Japanese? I think I'm gonna learn the best when I'm actually in Japan so I'm not too too worried about it, but I'd like to get back to around N4 level when I arrive. Should I just use anki or something a lot?

Just use the Anki core 10K deck /w audio and pictures.
The rest is just immersion. You can try reading literature when you've reached a higher level, and you should try to have as many conversations as possible in Japanese.

おっぱいだけで十分