"Split is one further step for Shyamalan on the road to cinematic redemption...

>"Split is one further step for Shyamalan on the road to cinematic redemption. We can only hope he continues to work at this level of production."

>"Split is a thrilling return to form for M. Night Shyamalan that proves he still has many new tricks up his sleeve.

>"An eerie and intimate psychological thriller with Hitchcockian tones harkening back to the Shyamalan's early 2000s run that put him on the filmmaking map."

>"A welcome return to form from 'The Sixth Sense' director M. Night Shyamalan, whose unhinged new mind-bender is a worthy extension of his early work."

>"Split is good, 'ole fashioned Shyamalan. It will greatly reward those who have still stuck with the filmmaker throughout his career and will hopefully introduce a new generation to his special brand of storytelling."

APOLOGIZE RIGHT NOW

>Split is good, 'ole fashioned Shyamalan.

this contradicts the entire wall of praise

What's the TWEEST

That Bruce Willis' character from Unbreakable is the cop investing the crime.

POO

> unbreakable and the sixth sense aren't great films

Spotted the HE RUINED MUH CARTOON manchild

Ol' fashioned Shyamalan is The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable, pleb.

Shyamalan never left.

The Happening was a masterpiece.

Last Aribender was agitprop.

After Earth was a purposeful assassination of Jaden Smith's career.

People said the same thing about that piece of shit The Visit.

That would actually be pretty good

>A return to form
He never left that form though...

It is literally real

It's really weird to go back and watch Unbreakable or The Sixth Sense because you can spot all these little idiosyncrasies that worked at the time but would later ruin his movies. And I don't just mean the obligatory TWEEST.

is happens before or after unbreakable?

>you can spot all these little idiosyncrasies that worked at the time but would later ruin his movies
Elaborate?

pretty sure newsweek and universal pictures are part of the same corporate conglomerate.
you see the point i'm making, right?

>The Happening was a masterpiece
What? Nooo

>tfw never doubted BASED Shyamalan

The dude gave us Signs and Unbreakable. Even Francis Ford Coppola and Spielberg made stinkers

>return to form

What form? He made one decent movie that everyone went apeshit over because they never saw a twist before.

Reviews mean nothing. The Visit got reviews similar to these and that was the worst piece of shit I've ever seen.

Do normies dislike him because he "ruined" there babby American "anime" or cause he hires a lot of conservative actors?

it took 17 years but he is back to making movies that were impressive 17 years ago

No, it wasn't.

can someone explain to me how after all these years he's still being funded? kevin smith too. how do these guys still have careers?

BASED NIGHT IS BACK

UNBREAKABLE 2 WHEN?

Daily reminder this is setting up a shamalamalam universe where Bruce Willis invulnerable character chases down the beast

BECAUSE HE TURNS UP POST CREDITS AND BANGS ON ABOUT MR GLASS

literally a character with 24 (twenty-four) (!) personalities.
>Multiple personality disorder isnt even a thing and shitty movies stopped using it as a plot device in the 90s

Scamalamaman is as bad as ever.

>two movies out of 12
you dumb retards

Wide Awake: Boring
The Sixth Sense: Decent
Unbreakable: Decent
Signs: Decent
The Village: Mediocre
Lady in the Water: So fucking ridiculous it's entertaining
The Happening: Mostly boring with some hilarious moments
The Last Airbender: Terrible adaptation of a great show
After Earth: Mediocre
The Visit: Mediocre, but the girl was hot
Split: Kino?

AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER 2 - THE BENDING BOOGALOO WHEN?

It's pretty obvious, I think. At least if you know a bit about the industry in general.
It doesn't matter if their movies flop, it's about their personal relationships with the studio and the producers. It's about how he doesn't go over-budget and doesn't spend any more time than necessary.
Shamalan is just a director, that's his job. His movies are horrible for the most part and he surely gets blamed for it as well, that is why he does not direct any major movie anymore. However, he gets to do smaller projects because he still is a valuable asset to a company by having the experience and knowledge (despite all his flaws). And, again, there are his personal relationships with people that continue to give him work because they like him and or his work. It is really that simple and not so different from the rest of the real world.
Because of this, producers are blamed for failures as much as they produced the movie and had oversight.

Writers even moreso are not blamed because they only produce a screenplay to the liking of the studio, how it is handled is entirely on the director, actors, producers et al. Thus, writers are not blamed for failures and get to continue their work.
Truly sad how most people here don't understand such basic concepts and are flabbergasted why Max Landis keeps getting jobs despite only producing failures. No surprise they don't have any success in their lives (not meaning you here, however).

Having said that, I doubt "Split" is going to be anything more than a somewhat entertaining B-Movie because this is Shamalan. He is not known for intimate interpersonal relationships or deep themes or characters, and this is a movie where this would really be needed.
Instead, they probably got the antagonist play 24 different roles for pure entertainment value, and that's fine. It'll make some money, maybe 200 million or so for its somewhat interesting and asinine premise.

>The Village: Mediocre
Movie this up to Decent tier

The Visit was great.

The Happening is an amazing piece of shit, that's about it. Even if it's amazing at what it does it's still fucking trash.

If "After Earth" is mediocre, how does a film get a score lower than mediocre?

I didn't really care for it until the girl went out into the forest. That's why I put it in mediocre overall.

Because there are far worse movies than After Earth.

Say what you will about Shaylamaynamaanandaman, but his films always have an interesting premise

I love everything involving the Elders on rewatches. They're fantastic.

I'll watch it again some day. It's been like ten years, so I don't remember much anyway.

Why do complete fucking retards just shit out of their mouths without knowing anything?

Go look up Newsweek and see who the parent company is.

I will never watch a shamalamadingdong movie again after what he did to avatar

he made money sometime ago

He makes lot of profit with some exceptions which is why he's able to write and direct crap

>Split is one further step for Shyamalan on the road to cinematic redemption
What? He hasn't had a step toward cinematic redemption in over a decade.