Post big and impressive churches from your country itt (mudslimes not welcome)

Post big and impressive churches from your country itt (mudslimes not welcome).

This wooden church from Kerimäki is capable of holding 5000 people, making it the biggest wooden church in the world.

>protestant """churches"""

pleb tier

>being a roman cuckholic
lmoa

Most of the so called ""pr*testants"" are atheists anyway. Why don't you just burn all your churches while tipping your fedora?

There are bigger ones in France, but when you are near this one it feels very massive

Catholics are fucking subhuman filth

BIG
GOTHIC
CATHEDRALS

quiet crypto jew

Looks great. How tall is that thing?

Impressive but kinda scary. The previous version of it looks comfier

this is my country's largest church (the fourth biggest in Europe), built in the middle of the 19th century in Classicist style, on top of the ruins of a previous Gothic cathedral built in the 12th century

you can climb the stairs to a panorama walkway around the dome from where you can see the whole region

Very nice, post more please, I don't know shit about Scandinavian cathedrals as I always assume you guys have less impressive architecture than down here in "regular" Europe, no offense
Here's one made out of volcanic stone, hence the black colour

here's how it looks like from the Slovakian side

It is 78m high, actually not even among the tallest in France

The "previous version" of it was just some makeshift solution to make it function until it was possible to afford restoring it. Before burning down a million times over history, it should have looked as scary as it currently does.

We do have many comfy churches though, but none are huge or impressive like Nidaros.

I'd visit the fuck outta it mate

tfw this cathedral was made only 140 years ago by fanboys.
No h8 pls its the largest one in my city

Not much more to show, imo there's little worthy of being called cathedrals in Scandinavia when compared to southern continental Europe and the British Isles.

It's alright, still miles better than modern looking churched
It must be because I grew up here but I have a really hard time considering a random room with a cross and benches a church, for it has to look ancient enough. I'm not a believer tho

Very nice location, kinda reminds me of Helsinki cathedral

Stands out a bit too much, but still very impressive

Pompous and huge

Cute and very comfy

Any fine decorated interiors, maybe ?

I just want to say that I love this side

If you are more into comfier churches I got you as well

This is 500m from my apartment i think it loka nice

>biggest wooden church in the world

where's the gasoline?

This one is in Germany (its in Europa park)
Apparently churches like this one can be found in Norway and Finland

It does, bricks are the white man's construction material

>big and impressive churches
-404-
my country is small and undeveloped

Yeah it sure does, I won't post the one closest to me because it's unironnicaly shit unfortunately
But my region is full of small, medieval "rough" looking like this one

do synagogues count? this is the largest in Europe and the second largest in the world

>synagogues
Get out.

Nothing like that apart from inside Nidaros, though it can get pretty nice anyways

this is the largest mosque from the Ottoman period transformed into a Christian church

Looks nice and comfy but a bit cold. I'm more into wooden churches.

Is it from the (late) 19th century era of romanticism? It looks like a mosque.

Typical church in Poland

I'm not sure who you're telling to get out, /r/the_drumpf

Baroque

This is THE Church

it was consecrated in 1859, the Mosque-like apperance is due to the fact that it was built in Moorish Revival style

Never been in one as far as I know so I'm curious

>it was built in Moorish Revival style
what a pity

op asked for impressive churches

>Wooden church

How about literally a tree

It looks pretty good. It obviously can't have the charm of centuries old cathedral but you can't really help it.

Neoclassicism is god tier desu. Too bad modern architects don't appreciate it

wow comfy as f

There ya go then

wow
it's not ugly, it's just...unusual. but on the other hand something must have held them back, it's not futuristic enough
still: wow

nice

German church built into a bunker for civilians during the war

here's the Óbuda Synagogue, built in Classicist style
at the time it was built (1820) it was one of the biggest synagogues in the world

You only see it from far away but it's quite the big cathedral and has utterly gorgeous stained glass inside

here's another tiny churhch from me cuntray

Big temples are very aesthetically unpleasant and uncomfortable imo. Small hometown temples just feel better in every imaginable way.

even though it looks like something out of a wet dream of Varg Vikernes, this one's a Catholic church, designed by the late master of organic architecture, Imre Makovecz

Most of Sweden's best churches are on Gotland. Their age is what impresses me, more then their opulence and extravagance. And that there're so many of them and that they're so densely packed.

> Imre Makovecz
This man was a genius

Highest church tower in the world coming through.

same, we have mixed feelings about it here
we have one in salt mine

yeah, sad he didn't last longer and wasn't given larger projects than some churches in the countryside and a few apartment houses, but at least he has created his own school

yeah yeah, sound like excuses but it's probably like that

noice
gotta love modernism
here's the church i was baptized at

It's surprising that some black metal band or pagan neo-nazis haven't burned it down yet.

It's just very beautiful and satisfying to watch

destroying old buildings is ISIS tier
at least they could be turned into museums of ancient religion or some shit

Stave churches also look nice inside, although simple.

Scotland is a good place to be on Friday the 13th.

These kind of things actually happen in Scandinavia? I thought it was just a meme

art deco church that looks like a spaceship

this is one of our most ancient churches, built in the early 11th century on the foundation walls of Roman watch tower

Where is your god now?

I guess this is enough medieval workmanship for now

That countryside looks pretty comfy

it's just too comfy

btw this is a baroque altar carved in the 17th century, but...

loving these

... this is the outside. not very impressive right?

Here's an abbey if they count

It looks like a palace

This is really how churches should be imo, more specifically in countries that already had temples dedicated to their native deities prior to Christianity. There's a luggage of history in this type of architecture that no massive, sun-blocking, overly-flamboyant church will ever be able to replace. It carries the actual ethnocultural identity of the people living around it, it places the people together with God, not the monument.

this one really isn't that big but I still like it. It's hard to find good pictures of it because of all the fucking oak trees everywhere.

looks like a bank

Simple yet elegant

interior of a church from the 12th century, owned by the Protestants since the 16th century

so the altar was transported there? when was the church built?

>How do you cant your church f.am
>I don't, just put the cross in a fucking cave

we have a whole monastery built into a cave in the middle of Budapest

Here's the inside of this one btw

Ah I love it, first time I hear about it
We have some cliffsides one

Favorite among the ones you posted

Always reminds me to the St Michel's Dome in Hamburg ("Hamburger Michel"), two of the most beautiful churches imo