Daily Japanese Thread - DJT # 1895

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
djtguide.neocities.org/

Discuss the process of learning Japanese.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

joshi-ko.ichinomiya.ac.jp/event/2016/09/0914/post_25935.html
www3.nhk.or.jp/news/easy/k10011105301000/k10011105301000.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what on Earth does this mean?

joshi-ko.ichinomiya.ac.jp/event/2016/09/0914/post_25935.html

we need more shitposting

What other Manga would you guys recommend for novices other than yotsubato?

I think any slice of life mango with cute girls will do really

What is the connotation of,

よろしければ、

Is it assertive or a sort of pussy language?

If I said,
よろしければ、手を握ろう
is it like saying please or like saying let's do it?

Best anime to study standard japanese?

Have any favorites?
>676 new cards
What happened?

>Have any favorites?
not really into that, sorry

if you're sort of interested in vampires and shit you could try "Happiness", I think reading doesn't get much easier than this

did you do a lot of japanese today?

I haven't visited DJT in months. Is the Sup Forums thread totally dead now?

よろしい is polite language. A waiter might ask a customer, これでよろしいでしょうか? (Is it okay like this?) You wouldn't say something like that to a friend.

If you want something that isn't polite language you would just use よい(いい) instead of よろしい.

Not sure what you mean by "pussy language" but if you want to sound "manly" you might say something like 手を握ってくれ or 手を取ってくれ I guess.

従いまして第10宇宙消滅でございます

When the guy is announcing this is it in a polite/formal register? I think the masu on the end is polite but not sure

Yes. でございます is 敬語 for です.

I CAN'T REMEMBER THE HIRAGANA I KEEP FORGETTING WHAT ALL THE CHARACTERS MEAN

SEND HELP SEND HELP SEND HELP

What does this imply?

Why is this thread so dead? Do people use the /jp/ one instead?

There are a handful of people who use the Discord for the same purposes of this thread, but they refuse to post here.

>He just laughs and doesn't explain anything to me.

Oh, ok. Just wanted to make sure everyone didn't できない.

What is better, Heisig's Remembering the Kanji or Wanikani? I am a serious learner who puts in 1-3 hours a day (depending on the day) of dedicated study, and plan to continue to do so.

I "learned" a quarter symbols and usually produce them from memory if I'm given a few seconds, but will forget them soon after and I read hiragana text too slowly. Not sure how to practice better.

I started hiragana a few hours ago, but I read on an earlier /jp/ thread that I'm retarded if learning all of hiragana takes more than one hour

>I started hiragana a few hours ago, but I read on an earlier /jp/ thread that I'm retarded if learning all of hiragana takes more than one hour
You're not a retard if you can't but it is just memorization: the basis of knowledge more or less so it's pretty low on the list of daunting language learning tasks. Try writing them down, that's what I did. Got them fairly well committed to memory over the course of 3-4 hours spread across 3 days.

Japan needs some cultural enrichment. Just saying. We will flood your nation with our bitches so you will be no longer homogeneous, racist, and bigoted.

Save yourself the strokes and just type バンプ next time

>マッサン
>our bitches
Are you Scottish?

>Amer*can calling Japan racist and bigoted

UMA DELICIA

You sure enjoy to call us Brazilians apes, but we're not the one repeating overused memes like a dumb monkey.

I accidentally increased my new card limit by 10 for today and now there's 10 new cards in my deck after I already finished my session for the day. How do I remove them, or should I just let them sit until tomorrow?

If you increased the new card limit via custom study, ignore them and it will return to normal after the daily reset time. It isn't something you can otherwise undo. Shit, I know.

ありがとファーガト

How do you say that you want an intransitive verb to happen?

ちょっと、女の子に対してお姫様的に言って、おだてているんだよ。
「ちょっと脚を開いてもらっていいでしょうか」
「ちょっとこれを入れさせてもらっていいでしょうか」
と続けます。

What do you guys to edit subs?
I'm watching a drama and the only Japanese subs i could find have extra time for commercials to play multiple times throughout the show...

>ameriburger normalfag political garbage
fuck off

>all of these fucking しい adjectives
somebody end my life, I didn't ask for this

>getting the example sentence verbatim the first time

What differs from そういうの?

Seems to me she's not in the mood for doing a curry dance. "Today's mood is not one for doing a curry dance", where "the mood for doing a curry dance" is そういうの.

Perhaps.

For me I just have a really hard time thinking that そういうの means anything but カレー踊り. Since そういうの means "that sort of thing/thing like that" it seems that そういうの would have to refer to something already mentioned. But if そういうの is the curry dance, then と違う doesn't make sense to me.

Is this correct?

こんにちは [name of individual]、

私は[game name]を楽しんだ、

(Sorry for the stupid question.)

>私は[game name]を楽しんだ、
[game]は楽しかったです。
This is more natural.

>45 or so words I don't remember on the review

I have a question.
What does でござる mean?

>he doesn't know

how does the following sound?

(今日わたしがしたいことは)そういうのと(は)違う。

besides, in this case we can say そういうんじゃない as a simple way that shows disapproval.

日本語スレで佳奈美と対話しろよ
そういうの(がやりたい気分)とは違う
I don't feel like doing such things(as curry dancing)
こんにちは、パンツ屋三方
私は、沙耶の唄というエロゲを楽しみました

なんの問題もありません
=です
でござる

is it girly to use the particle わ?

between 80~100 words flunked is about the norm for me at the moment, that's with ~80% retention

Depends on how you use it. Your tone of voice makes a big difference.

>(今日わたしがしたいことは)そういうのと(は)違う。

That sentence makes makes sense to me, thanks. I've seen Azuma use と違う a lot like this before and most of the time I can never find out the grammar of と違う for the situation.

Thanks.

wut..?

Reduce the number of the new daily cards or just stop them for a while and go full review mode.

Isn't that just gentleman thing?
Like when you let woman through the door first.

how do i disable writing on cards in ankidroid?

JLPT results in ~12 hours time, call your tomodachis and ask them to send you good luck on your N5 !!!

And don't forget to post your failed N5 result

みんなに質問です
なぜ死にたいと思わないのですか

死ぬのには高い技術が必要だ。
昔の日本人なら全員訓練していたから、死にたい時にすぐ死ねたが、今はムリ。
痛いし恐いし。

www3.nhk.or.jp/news/easy/k10011105301000/k10011105301000.html
>海の流れの力を利用して電気を作る実験に成功する
>に成功する
So this is like 「にする」and here it means "success in/at" like when you see a headline like "Researchers at Whatever University succeed in finding new blah blah blah" right?

why not.
The subject is the leading person of Japan or world basically blah blah

Ok thank you

you're welcome :)

なるほど
つまり、楽に死ねる方法があれば死にたいってことですかね

違うよ。
いつでも死ねるのなら別に今死ななくても良い、ということだよ。
”死”に憧れは無い、っていうこと。