What's some good films to namedrop to hipster chicks to impress them?

What's some good films to namedrop to hipster chicks to impress them?

I'm more interested in introducing cute, mildly normie girls to classic films.

Breathless is the obvious choice, but anything French really

Hipster chicks love French movies

Normie girls don't like film. They'll just spend the whole movie on their cellphone texting Jamal.

daisies

bitches love daisies

That's why I said mildly normie. Obviously a hardcore normie would be useless, but a girl who reads a lot, but doesn't know anything about classic films is exactly my type.

I used to be friends semi-nerdy girl and can confirm, it was fun getting her into classic movies and cult films/shows. Unfortunately she was not cute, I have yet to meet a genuinely attractive girl who wasn't a total normie or hipster poseur

implying you could even pronounce it

it's called sedmikrásky

if you say "daisies" you will out yourself as a wannabe

I know an absolutely perfect girl. She's smart, funny, reads a lot, and is as far away from being a slut as a girl can get without being a Mormon. She doesn't watch a lot of movies though, and I would love to introduce her to Paris, Texas.

Forgot to mention, she's also beautiful.

Anything by Federico Fellini. Trust me.

if you call films by their native title you out yourself as a pretentious tryhard

Post a pic, let us dream user.
She looks awesome already

Closest I got to getting my ex into film was showing her Frances Ha, don't think she'd be very open to any actual 60's new wave films.

Either My Own Private Idaho and Wes Anderson or geek stuff like SW and LotR.

>Calling thing by their name is tryhard or pretentious
Only in burguerland. Foraigners apreciate when you speak the right names in a non-mocking way.

I don't really want to do that. You'll just have to take my word for it. She has sandy blonde hair, a cute round nose, and really deep eyes. She also has a really cute laugh, and it's the best feeling in the world getting a giggle out of her. I really love her, bros. I hope to work up the nerve to ask her out soon.

Why would I care about what they are called in their homeland when I don't live there? I'm not going to butcher a language I don't speak

>I hope to work up the nerve to ask her out soon.

She hopes you do too.

Mise en Scene, it's French

You know, I used to think she might have a bit of a crush on me. It was probably wishful thinking, but something really might have been there. I don't see her as often anymore unfortunately, but I still care for her so deeply.

In a related note, I'm trying to intruduce my girl to films, she doesn't even watch tv is a complete shut in.
I'm bringing her Neverending story as I know she'll like Falcor.
She likes dragons but didn't like the Harry Potter one, she liked Sunshine but got bored with Gravity, so far.

Can you recommend some anons?

I really wish there were more female filmmakers like Agnes Verada, who would make films about women honestly. I'm tired of films about women, that are clearly a male fantasy rather than actual female sensibilities and perspective.

Casablanca, obviously. And I think Paris, Texas is a good one. And musicals. Singin' in the Rain, Top Hat, My Fair Lady, chicks love Audrey.

anything from czech tumblr new wave

I guess that's why it sound tryhard and pretentious to you. I traveled a lot and is very common in the world, is called 'speaking other lenguages'. Nobody does it in your city or around your circles. And makes you feel embarrassed about culture assimilation.

I have it too, with people that dressed in japanese outfit and use japanese mannerism... Outside japan. Gosh.

But words are pretty basic to be annoyed user.

Shut up faggot.

The Killer Inside Me

The films of Wes Anderson.
Sally Potter in general.

>I guess that's why it sound tryhard and pretentious to you. I traveled a lot and is very common in the world, is called 'speaking other lenguages'.
Yeah, and if I ever traveled to the Czech republic and had a conversation with someone about their films, I would try to call it by its native title. Until then, it's a meaningless exercise of "hey look how smart I am!"

>Nobody does it in your city or around your circles. And makes you feel embarrassed about culture assimilation.
I don't know where you're getting this idea of "embarrassment" from. The point is, if you live in an English-speaking country and go around calling non-anglophone films by their original title, I'm going to roll my eyes. Who are you trying to impress?

Language is about communication. As long as I know what movie you are talking about, you're fine. When you call a film by it's non-English title it's nothing more than a set-up for showing how cultured you are. It's obnoxious.

>What film is that user?
>oh well, hum, you might know it by it's American version called...
kill yourself if you actually do this

Any Godard flick
Any Lynch flick
Any Tarr flick
Any Tarkovsky flick
Any Parajanov flick
Funeral Parade of Roses
Woman in the Dunes

I got you OP

La Jetee
Brick
The Science of Sleep