Americans refer to animals with pronouns they use for objects

>Americans refer to animals with pronouns they use for objects
We use "he" and "she"

Whoever told you that was wrong.

Yeah that's weird

Hmm. Mr. Delicia, I use he/she for my dog.

Dogs are shit tier animals and pets

Sure, but just remember dey wuz wolfs

What I find weirder is that Americans refer to machinery as "she".

>git 'er done
>she's a beauty (about a plane or something lol)

>germans think doors are feminine and ponds are masculine
think before you speak, kraut

Which Americans are you referring to? I ain't ever heard of anyone use those pronouns.

This only applies to non-pets.

Yeh but off the top of my head I can't think of any machinery that is female.
>das Auto
>das Flugzeug
>das Boot, das Schiff
Also because everything is gendered, it wouldn't be out of place for a German to refer to machinery as "she". But in English only people are gendered by default, so making machinery female just seems odd.

Liar.

That isn't an American thing. Ships have been refered to as female long before 1776.

The 'er in git 'er dun refers to a task, and I've only heard transportation vessels referred to as she.

Please stop making rumors about us...

hello pekka somaliasta

Why is the task female? I thought "git 'er done" came from the cable repair comedian guy and "her" referred to a TV set?

Machinery, vehicles, and guns are female because giving them a female name makes take better care of them.
They are also the only females who will never quit on you.

Animals are living creatures, assholes.

Like my fellow countryman, , said I've only ever heard of those pronouns being used for ships and nothing else. Machines are called "it."

>Why is the task female?
Dunno. Double entendre, maybe?

And, to answer your initial question, because men (primary operators of machinery) have relationships with machinery similar to our relationships with women. They either make our lives better and more beautiful, or they're a giant source of frustration and annoyance.

Or if someone refers to a machine as female they are probably being sarcastic.

The worst thing about Americans is that they not celebrate Summerslam and Wrestemania.

When i was a little user, i thought that this was the most American thing ever. Everyone was free from work to watch Summerslam and Wrestlemania.

You Americans lied to me. I will be the most evil character in WWE.

I don't understand why you Americans don't embrace "it" more. It's so great to have a neutral pronoun. I'd use it all the time.
Don't give me the "it dehumanizes things" bullshit.

t. Golden retriever

>mfw it isn't just Americans but the entire english speaking world.

What did he mean by this?

Still very disappointed.

Exactly. That's why we use "he" and "she" instead of "it"

English used to be a gendered language centuries ago. Boats being referred to as "she" is a result of that. Look up linguistic history it's actually very interesting.

>English used to be a gendered language centuries ago. Boats being referred to as "she" is a result of that.

Said the American cuck. The Brits will never say something like this.

And i'm not British. Know your place in linguistics.

The British started that trend

Yeah they would because it's the fucking truth. No random faggot off the street would know this, the vast majority of people wouldn't. Only people who study linguistics or are curious enough to look into it would know.

I think Hunter S Thompson was right.

the dog - it
El gato - él
La gata - ella

In the we use THE to refer to both male and female objects.
And we use IT to refer to neutral things.

English dropped the IT and just used THE. So everything is now either male or female. But its unknown which one it is.

*In the Netherlands we use

we do call them he and she but only when we know what sex it is

>Their language doesn't oblige them to check whether an animal has a penis before talking to its owner about it

You just ask
"cachorra ou cachorro?" or you assume its gender until someone corrects you

Oh shit, excuse my American education, I thought you were insulting us for using he and she for some reason. I'm necking myself right now. I use he and she though.

He's right though

Oh fuck me.
Your balls dropped off somewhere.