If you dont have synesthesia you will never be a pro musician

literally every professional musicians has it and the ones that dont are so generic and trash that it doesnt matter anyway

trying to make music professionaly without synesthesia is like trying to play pro basketball at the height of 5 foot 10

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JiNKlhspdKg
youtube.com/watch?v=spUNpyF58BY
youtu.be/Jr2pOenWbQs
youtube.com/watch?v=nUwqiJTv63w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

saving this thread
let's instead discuss Adam Neely's observations from his speech at Ableton Loop conference
youtube.com/watch?v=JiNKlhspdKg
In this talk based Neely shows how musical notes can be octaved up into the spectrum of visual light, at which point we can analyze visual art using music theory.
imho this is much more interesting than "u can't see music, ur mum gay u muggle!"

i watched it yesterday and it was good up until that part. ive seen that research before and its just plain wrong, notes and color are not related because sound is much more complex than any single frequency

i need to do more research on this but i hypothesize that there is a direct mathetmatical link between my chromsthesia and light but the current math and research they have for it is archaic and wrong and was created by muggles who dont know what they are talking about

idk how it doesnt make sense to you
A = 440 hz
440 * 2*(big number) = orange

because even a pure sine wave has a range. this is what an a looks like as a pure sine wave, its overlapping multiple different frequency ranges it just ends on 220. a pure 220hz frequency would be so thin it would be to hard to even hear. light is different you can break it down to a sheer and exact number, sound doesnt work in that way

a sine wave like this has almost no color at all despite it being an a note. the color comes from the harmonic content aka the overall soundwave, not the note itself

the muggles who have studied this arent looking at it correctly. i believe you have to take the average frequency of a sound as a whole, every single peak

i have another video for you
youtube.com/watch?v=spUNpyF58BY
i know you're gonna figure this out :)

Smoke some weed. You'll be seeing the music in no time.

I don't think OP is saying that its impossible to break down a song into color. They're just saying that this color representation doesn't adequately capture the musical experience, there's more to sound than just which notes are played.

Notelets are actively committing suicide

does anyone know of an eq that gives you analyzation of a sound as sheer numbers not just a graph

so it would show every single frequency from 20-20k and then the exact amount of decibles all as numbers

nah sound works very differently to the way light works. but would be useful in colormapping notes to remember stuff or some shit

so you don't think his analysis of this painting is spot on?

lol this

notelets will never understand music. they can write music perfectly in key but they will never be able to intellectualise why it is unenjoyable and why no one likes it

they arent able to properly grasp timbre familys they're essentially going at it blind

pic very related

C - Regular Blue and White, like a normal winter day with snow
C# - Purple-Violet
D - Turquoise (a bit more on the Green side), like a turtle roaming a river on a Spring day
D# - Light Violet, like a night sky
E - Pure Yellow, like the Sun (a summer vibe)
F - a light Pink-Magenta, with a sunset-ish vibe
F# - Red, like a pure sunset (with some Black)
G - Turquoise meets Sky Blue, a lighter Spring day
G# - Mid-Violet, like a cloudy dusk
A - Green, like a regular sunny day at any season
Bb - Silver/Gray mixed with Purple and Black
B - Orange-Yellow, like a sunny day in Autumn

>pic related
It does, dumbass. I've made and used this to make many of my songs, and have visualized music with this ever since I was a child. For example, a song I composed in D# was about a lost wanderer trapped inside a labyrinth hidden under the stalagmites of a cave, as he tries to uncover the cave deeper in order to find the long lost heart of his passed loved one and resurrect her. The wanderer then uses the heart as a glimmering light to escape the caverns enveloped in a violet, nocturnal darkness, until his heart and hers merge into one powerful amulet of beauty. And also, I remember this song always giving me a red vibe ever since I heard it as a kid.
youtu.be/Jr2pOenWbQs

you have grapheme synesthesia. its basically a muggle form of synesthesia and has nothing to do with music, its just you using color to remember letters

LOL, I didn't even know what the actual keys of music were until about a year ago (a friend taught me the actual notation for notes, but I still visualized this long before I was even into music, at around age 4). I didn't know much about music theory until I started posting on this board anyway. So, no. It's legit synesthesia.

nigga, no
youtube.com/watch?v=nUwqiJTv63w

you're a muggle larper then

that red circle is the only part of that sound wave that makes it a specific note, you can literally remove every single other peak and it will stay the same note

notes dont indicate anything about a sound, they are just markers that make trading lowest tones easier and they are completely relevant to the context in which they are expressed, which is why any note can sound anyway depending on the setting

you are a muggle

for intuitive yet thorough explanation of what this is doing watch this

what's with this new muggle meme lmao
It's okay if you don't have synesthesia user
you weren't gonna make it anyway because that's only one component of genetic musical giftedness, which makes up 90% of musical skill

lol are you actually jealous of me
Lmao

no im just a real synesthite chad, muggle larpers like you who confuse your grapheme synesthesia with chromesthesia are the reason all this research regarding this topic is fucked up

im about to embark on a study of sound and color that could potentially change the way we live our lives, i believe i can prove that not only is synesthesia objective but its also the same direct mechanic as light itself. i believe i can turn sound into light and vice versa

you wouldnt understand with your muggle brain

>"music theory"
>it's just the study of the different combinations of 12 notes

you will never have synesthesia user
I'm sorry but some of us aren't meant for great things

even though these threads are shit posts they're creating some good dialogue regarding the subject

theres obviously some people here who understand sound and then theres alot of muggles who are blinded by the archaic system of "notation"

>Seeing sound makes you a musical genius
>It definitely doesn't just mean your brain is broken
Hey I can hear smells and see tastes, do I get a medal?

sound is a code of nature itself, the fact you think a man made construct like "notation" could define it shows just how muggle you are

Lil peep and henry rollins didn't have synesthesia
Get BTFO

isaac newton discovered that if you refract light twice the gaps between each color actually express the compound of the object that is projecting light. that means that both light and matter are connected in some way and i believe i can do the same thing with sound. i believe that synesthesia is objective because my synesthesia follows the same color order as the same color spectrum that newton discovered. i just need to prove it and once i do i believe we will be able to figure out a way to turn sound into light and vice versa

muggles will never understand

lil peep was a model / actor not a musician