This is the scariest scene of all time. I shit my pants every time

This is the scariest scene of all time. I shit my pants every time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K6z6QIiXTnY
youtube.com/watch?v=fGT87k_CVJ0
vimeo.com/53538065
youtube.com/watch?v=09fP50vcb-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=zH8ynu0jRvY
youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2xAxT8XIA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Awesome jumpscare as it had actual build up and not tension build up

The rooftop silhouette was spooky too, but this scene was more intense.

pls

fuckin hivemind

>is behind!

this always makes me kek

I will never understand why people get scared over this scene.

I really never will. It's so predictable that Boo! Haunted House will pop out from behind the bushes. It's not even a jump-scare because it's not shocking or jolting, at all.

The scene in Mulholland Drive I can understand because it's uncertain if there is something actually there -- since it was only explored due to a dream. In Signs, we know something will be there and it's just not scary.

This is always posted, and I don't know why. I didn't even 'jump', let alone feel scared.

>brazil

I agree.

Plus, wasn't it in the trailer?

rooftop alien and basement arm were better

Knowing Shalamanadingdong got paid for this is pretty scary.

Do you feel bad about not being able to feel buildup, tension, and dread?

What is this stance trying to convey?

you guys are so cool

upvoted because i'm also cool

Do you feel good about being easily manipulated?

What's happens?

okay im gonna watch it. is it good?

some blackskinned goblin looking motherfucker slides out from the side and then slides back

it`s one of the few shamalamadindong movie i actually like.

>shamalamadindong
i say the same everytime i see it written properly. i've had it on my hard drive for awhile now. hope its good

Signs or Mulholland Drive? The former is good. The latter is intentionally bad for the first 60-90 minutes then it actually becomes good.

wait didn't david lynch write mulholland drive?

mulholland drive

Kino

Probably Lynch's best work next to Twin Peaks

Also just be aware that you probably aren't going to understand what's happening on your first watch. There's lots of interpretations for the movie.

Getting caught up in a movie is the same as being easily manipulated?

Why are you even here on a television and film board?

Films are meant to do just that you sperg

yeah it's great

wow i fucking died lmao

Literally haven't slept since

>i'm such a pussy that I need to berate someone who's not a pussy, to make myself feel good

The leg in the cornfield also scared me shitless

What was actually the point of this?

>MUH NIGHTMARE FIGMENT

I didn't really see a "point" in it but it still scared the fuck out of me

>be mad about someone berating someone else
>calls them a pussy

I was never scared by this scene

why do people think its scary?

still fucking remeber this scene; literally everyone in the theater screamed

I'm not mad - I'm amazed someone would think you should feel ashamed for not being scared by a scene in a movie.

yeah this was my favorite, so quick and quiet instead of a loud musical sting

What is this?

this scene is the reason i couldn't finish the movie when i tried to watch it as a kid

This was so fucking cheap it was almost hilarious on immediate retrospective.

spooked me hard

youtube.com/watch?v=K6z6QIiXTnY

The Conjuring according to reverse image search but I can't find the exact scene given the clues from google.

As an aside: is this movie any good? It kinda looks spoopy but it also seems to make generous use of jump scares instead of real horror, but sometimes just being spooped at jumpscares can be fun.

From what I gather the plot is there's this little music box that conjures evil spirits or some shit? There seems to be more than one major demon spirit.

>Mullholland drive
But what's so scary about a windy road that people enjoy driving fast cars and motorcycles on?

Falling off the motorcycle and getting ass hands.

youtube.com/watch?v=fGT87k_CVJ0
1:40 or so, watch the whole thing to get the feel for the scene

I'm extremely thrown off by the actor but I think it might be Insidious.

The Conjuring is decent though.

I found the start where they're driving along the road much more tense than the scene with te jumpscare.

It is insidious and it reminds me that insidious got fucking huge for using earraping violins with sudden jumpscares all the fucking time

In that scene for instance theres no buildup at all and the demon appears behind him at a talk scene thats ultra calm

Now that confirmed it I should add that Insidious is also worth a watch if you don't mind cheap jumpscares, it has an okay atmosphere (at least until the end).

Yeah that's why I said it was cheap.
I think that's shitty but unavoidable in modern horror, even movies that manage a decent atmosphere with good tension add jumpscares because plebs think that's true horror.

Thanks guys. Google lied to me. I should check both out. I think I have a text file somewhere with backlogged movies... I should put that near the top. I'm in a cheap jumpscare mood now.

What is the meaning of the scene in that pic?

Lynch was practicing greenscreen and it ended up in the final cut

The scene fucked me because in these type of films you can always tell if you are going to get spooked in the next ten seconds or so, so I can always brace myself or set my drink down if I'm at the movies, this scare got me because I didn't see it coming at all and I squeezed my drink and it went all over me fuckin trousers in the middle of me hot date

Oh fuck I just watched the trailer btw.

It took me a bit to place the other chick in the scene. I'd seen her before but I couldn't place it. I struggled with it but I knew I recognized this blank, teary eyed stupid fucking face before.

She is the chick in Sunshine. That stupid blank, no emotion face with tears rolling down her face. I knew it!

I even brought up that movie on my computer and snipped the exact scene that came to mind when it finally clicked. Look at that face and look at her face in the trailer.

This shit petrifies me. My friends will be like "hey man check this out" and pull out their phones and it's that fucking face.

At this point I'm just letting myself be scared by it. I wish I could see Insidious for the first time again.

came here to post this

Demons

Nothing scares me more than that bday party scene from signs.
Everyones gunna call me pussy, but paranormal activity films scare me too, at least the first 1 and 3rd one did. But they are more jumpscares, whereas i wouldnt watch signs and then go out for a cig without being a little bit paranoid.
Aliens scare me the most. but ive seen so many films involving them, i dont think there are any left i havnt seen. Can anyone recommend some?
VHS 2 was pretty creepy, especially the underwater scene. That was done really well.
if anyone wants to see it:
vimeo.com/53538065
Around the 2:10 mark.

Anyone got any recommendations??
Will watch tonite if havnt seen it already.

hey it's that fargo policeman

The movie did such a good job of not showing the alien and making it mysterious. When you know you're about to get a clear view for the first time, it creates great tension.

Fuck you. I saw signs on a grainy VHS when I was 11 and this scene is seriously shocking and unsettling. It haunted me fod years.

The whole movie has a great, oppressive atmosphere but this scene clearly illustrates that the aliens are both familiar and unfriendly.

The scene with Mel in the cornfield with the aliens sneaking around him is also great.

It has to be deeper than that

Whoa. The Amazing Atheist looks like THAT.

Exorcist III nurse station scene every time.

It's fucking jarring as hell.

Why the fuck is this so disturbing

Don't worry mates, I'm here to help you relive it all.

youtube.com/watch?v=09fP50vcb-Q

How fucking new are you? Cancerous reddit shitbag doesn't even recognize sadfu

That nearly gave me a heart attack. I remember I was super tired watching that movie and the plot itself was already confusing, completely caught me off guard. Goddamn

This, it gets so strange so fast.

wow thanks for reminding this to me
no sleep tonight

>vimeo.com/53538065
BABIES MAKING BABIES

why is this one scene better then 80% of found footage movies?

fuck i got shivers thinking about it, this scene too

scariest movie I ever watched hands down

I saw this in theaters and everyone just laughed at this part. Not at all scary

This bit in Sunshine fucked me up.

What? That's supposed to be spooky? am I being trolled?

What's it from?

>Darth Maul with an earring

Was watching was 5 other people, 3 of them girls and we all burst out laughing at this

>I get scared with a PS2-tier ayy lmao sprite

I'll never get why people got scared with this shit. Even my 8 year old self laughed at how bad it was.

Inland Empire

Inland Empire

I didn't like the movie that much, but The Strangers has some good creepy moments. They do it more subtly too where the people in masks appear on screen, but they're in reflections of minor objects in the shot so it's quite possible you don't even notice. This makes it even creepier because when you do notice, it almost feels like it was a secret.

>all the turbo autists ITT who think their inability to engage in a film's atmosphere makes them smart
Loving every laugh

it's the fear of the unknown, the greatest fear

what a piece of shit

Looks like the Grinch

definitely this

that uncanny valley shit is terrifying

Being scared at 11 is one thing, but it's just not scary if you've seen more than a handful of Horror movies -- not saying Signs is Horror, but that scene is just predictable as all get-out.

Maybe "tension" in the sense of finally seeing what it looks like, but there is zero tension in the scene for the reveal. You KNOW it's going to pop-out; it's as good of a scene as someone in a Slasher searching for something in the dark, they hear a noise, and then a cat jumps out instead of the killer.

It's just a really mediocre scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=zH8ynu0jRvY

You really have to be in the flow of the film and not expecting it. Watching that at release seriously hurt my heart for a few seconds just because of the buildup to the scare. When you know it's coming, all the tension and suspense is lost.

Indeed, not all up in your face with a loud scream either.

Is it perhaps the only good jumpscare? Bob in Twin Peaks comes to mind as a competitor.

youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2xAxT8XIA
The last part was pretty unsettling.

Yes ofc, but Shyamalan did Signs.

Signs is kino