How I'm supposed to mark someone in a non-professional enviroment...

How I'm supposed to mark someone in a non-professional enviroment? Me and my friends plays this shit every single weekend, and with time, everyone is getting better. The problem is, I'm getting blamed for a lot of goals because I don't know how to properly mark. Does anyone have some tips or some youtube tutorial bullshit? I'll appreciate any tip. Thanks guys.

how big is the field

Keep close and never let your opponent have your back.

Anyway man marking is sort of bad unless the overall level of playing is quite low.

This. Zonal marking will always be far more effective.

Just try and know who your opponent is. What's his strengths and weaknesses, always have the basics locked down, don't let him cut inside, show him onto his weaker foot. Try to tackle as little as possible because more than not it'll end badly.

well, we play 6v6 and you can actually sprint a little before someone can mark you. This is the pitch, but those are kids (and sorry for the small pic, but is the only one on internet).

just stay in your side of the pitch and go at the ball like a retard,throw yourself if necessary
and if they score you can just blame your teammates and tell them to play with more HEART

this place looks too small for 6v6 to be honest

>tfw playing 5 or 6-a-side and basically everyone else plays like this
except blaming and acting like a cunt, but it pisses me off when that's everyone's idea of defending, and then they do deep soul-searching as to why we lost 8-0 they mostly come up with "we need to communicate more" and "make smart passes"

Just keep goal side and follow runners la.

make a few hard tackles to establish dominance.

The only effective way
Sliding tackle

Just keep close and do a Cavani to get him sent off.
I'm impressed I have to tell you this.

Try these, hope this helps

Bump because I'm actually seeking for good anwsers.

No matter what stay on your mark, nobody is going to blame you if you're responsible for one player and you dont let that player out of your site. Press him hard if he gets the ball, force him to make a decision quick cause pretty sure whoever your playing with isnt barcelona and will tiki taka their way into the goal

in the first 2/3rds, force the player towards the middle. In the final third, force your opponent out wide.

bumpo for curiosity

Theoretically you are right. But my question is about the method behind this theory pressing. Like, in which direction should I put my body to stop him for a run or a cross? At which distance should I stay from my mark? Shits like that.

>theory

stay between your man and the goal

>Be patient, let your opponent mess up and capitalize on his mistake
>Defend as a team.
>Slow your opponent down (again by being patient and not stabbing)
>Try to push the opponent (who is being slowed down by you jockying him towards either another team-mate, or your only white friend, the sideline.)
>Distance to your opponent depends on his skill and speed. Close up to slower/lower skilled players who can't handle pressure. Opposite for faster players.
>Anticipate. Imagine what you would do in a situation. Or better yet, learn your player. Is he a cocky dribbler? He'll probably try to cut you. Is he shooter? Block his angle. Stuff like that.

Most important is defend as a team and to be patient. Also, being good at passing and on the ball helps a lot as the best defense is being on offense.

I'll try a serious answer. Assuming your level is somewhat low, the basics of marking (i.e. player doesnt have the ball but may be passed to) that are crucial to know are:

1) Remember that the opposition is always moving the ball towards your own goal or towards a player positioned well in front of your goal. If you get that clear in your head, you will understand what to prioritise, e.g. marking, blocking/closing down a player, just watching and waiting in a tactically smart position.

Close marking is only needed when the ball is about to be passed. Closing down a player is only crucial just as he is getting in good position to shoot or pass, but remember smart players pretend to shoot to make you commit and run past them (never overcommit, it looks stupid and worse than not closing down hard enough) and, crucially, know when to stay away from a player, i.e. when they are moving away from goal, not in a threatening position to your goal, etc. If you follow all their movements you will be tired and won't be there at the important moment. Save your energy for when the ball is about to come to them in a good position, so read the play and know when things are starting to happen. Only then you have to really watch your player and be ON them.

2) In danger moments, when you are marking, watch your opponent more than you watch the ball. You need to keep your eyes on whoever is close to the goal and stick as close as possible to them (if they are within easy shooting distance).. Try positioning yourself just behind them, like a shadow, but always half a step closer to your own goal then they are. Expect a burst of speed towards your goal when the pass is about to come.

I have played as a centre half for years. Here are the crucial tips every defender must know:

>Never mark too tightly. Always leave 2 yards between yourself and the striker. Good ones will turn you quickly, so the 2 yards give you time to react.
>Always position yourself side on when the striker is running at you with the ball. Never face him square on. If you do and he knocks it around you, you are poorly positioned to turn and match his speed. A good way to do this is to face his weaker foot side. This usually forces him to try to beat you on that side as he is unlikely to try to cut across your whole body.
>Man marking is fine but never let the striker draw you out of positions. Clever strikers will make runs out to the wings or come deep into midfield in order to drag you away from where you should be, so that his teammates can exploit the space created by your absence. Only follow the striker up to the point he is no longer an immediate threat to your goal.
>Similar to the first point, but try to avoid reaching around a striker to tackle if he has his back to you. It leaves you vulnerable to be being turned - so let him face away from your goal as long as he pleases and maintain that 2 yard gap.

Other important tips for defenders that you probably know anyway but just in case:

>If in doubt, get it out. In other words, take no chances with clearances.
>Never let a lofted through ball which is heading towards you bounce. Always meet it before it bounces if you are in reach - if the opposition striker is closer, force him to meet it before it bounces.
>When passing back to your keeper, always pass it to his stronger side and wide of the goal.
>Never pass across defence when strikers are nearby.
>Hold your opponent's shirt on corners and FKs, within reason. At non-professional level, referees will never award penalties for this. Even just having a little hold of his shirt will almost always prevent him from jumping for the ball.