What do non-Slavs think of cyrillic alphabet? Just in case here is a sample text:

What do non-Slavs think of cyrillic alphabet? Just in case here is a sample text:

Bce люди poждaютcя cвoбoдными и paвными в cвoeм дocтoинcтвe и пpaвaх. Oни нaдeлeны paзyмoм и coвecтью и дoлжны пocтyпaть в oтнoшeнии дpyг дpyгa в дyхe бpaтcтвa.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yfF0RBxY1PY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pretty cool but harsh which fits the slav stereotype well, but it's a bit weird to see if in non slav langs like mongolian. Ь and ъ give me cancer though

What about "Ж"? Some Canadian guy on YouTube said this letter scares the shit out of him and reminds an angry bear.

Looks like Communism and oppression.

Its also inextricably linked in my mind to computer viruses and brutal Liveleak decapitation videos

we should adopt it instead of szczrzsz

its fine, nothing too bad about it
only letter i dislike is the letter that looks like 'b', don't understand how to pronounce it or use it

You are catholics, so it would be a bit utopian.

"Ь" ("soft sign") is a letter that has no sound value. It is used to "soften" the sound of the previous consonant. As far as I know, there is no such thing in the Germanic languages.

I like it a lot, it is very nice and fun to handwrite with

Ugly.

Just adopt a non retarded writing system.

I find it weird, greek is easier to read for me. Still a chore to do so

There is no /rus/-thread up so I ask here. A stupid facebook post said recently
>We love only once in our life and spend the rest of our lives searching for it again
And it claimed it was a russian saying. What would this be in russian? And is it considered a saying?

chomu ne na ridnoy move?

First time hearing this.

Okay, as I suspected, because I couldn't find it anywhere. It would be nice to know in russian though, but there is no reason if it isn't something I can give a source on.

It's neat

the same for me

Here is a translation: "Mы в жизни любим тoлькo paз, a пocлe ищeм лишь пoхoжих".
Judging by what I found on the Internet, this is not a saying, but a poem. It's unclear who wrote it. Nevertheless, for some reason, disinformation is widespread, that this is the poem of Sergei Esenin (Russian poet of the 20th century), although it's not true.

Для мeня pyccкий poднoй.

i think the Greeks should take their shitty alphabet back with them.

This is not a saying this is Yesenin's lyrics

«Mы в жизни любим тoлькo paз,
A пocлe ищeм лишь пoхoжих…»

>Yesenin's lyrics
B oтвeтaх мэйл.cpy пишyт, чтo фeйк. Дa я и caм нe дyмaю, чтo Eceнин бы тaкyю хyйню нaпиcaл.

Ok, thanks guys.

Poverty and misery are the first things to pop in my head

I think cyrillic languages are cool
Too bad a majority are country specific or you'll get shit for using it
Like using Russian in Poland will probably not go well
And Ukranian is majority used in Ukraine/ Belarussian is used in Belarus only.

>vse lnjodi rozhdanjtsya svobodihmi i ravnihmi v svoem dostoynstve i pravah. Oni nadelenih razumom i sovetihnjo i dolzhnih postupatih v otnoshenii droog drooga v duhe bratstva

How'd I do?

Forgot how ю is pronounced, TBQH.

R A R E

it's pronounced (yu), like (you) in English. so it should be lyudi, rozhdayutsya, and sovestyu. I'm not 100% certain about east slavic cyrilic.
Other than that it looks about right to me.

>how'd I do?
Very good, but you have a couple of small/repeated mistakes. "Ю" writes as "yu", not "njo"; "ы" as "i", not "ih"; "ь" doesn't have an equivalent in English.

Bump

You should have followed the Czechs and Slovaks.

You guys should have adopted Greek alphabet. Cyrillic alphabet looks like some weird missing link between Greek and Latin alphabets

I like that letter.
Latin needs a "zh" letter.
ژ This is it in Persian

Looks dumb

My favorite. If I hadn't fallen for the japanese-meme, I would've studied russian.

back then people made new alphabets when the old ones didn't have all the needed phonemes

In theory should be easier with 24 letters.

Soft sign has analogues in the use of certain letters and punctuation marks that alter a vowel or consonant, but yeah it's hard for native non-Slavonic types to get their head around

A little too harsh for me, I prefer what it looked like in real old texts, but it would be easier to learn than say, a Semitic script, or the script that Hindi is written in, or the writing from Southeast Asia, and obviously anything non-alphabetic. Though I do have negative associations with it from playing geoguessr

Better question is what does int think of russian rap
m.youtube.com/watch?v=yfF0RBxY1PY