/nba/ general - what are you hiding sam presti edition

>The Oklahoma City Thunder and the Dallas Mavericks are reportedly the only teams that did not vote in support for the NBA’s draft lottery reform.
>Sources: The NBA's draft lottery reform passed 28-1-1. Oklahoma City voted "No" and Dallas abstained. NBA needed 3/4th majority for passage.
>— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) September 28, 2017
>According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Thunder voted against the proposal while the Mavericks abstained. However, every other team in the league was in favor of the suggestion.

WalLoyal M.V.P

I didn't know Kevin Love's dad was a nba player

>What if 5 teams traded their future 1st round pick then unironically finished as the 5 worst teams in the NBA that very season?
I tend to think that won't happen because 5 other teams who didn't trade their pick will tank harder.

Nice reflection faggot

So Goku is a A.I fan

Sam Presti was the only GM against rewarding tankers with an equal chance at the #1 pick instead of only rewarding the worst team in the NBA and not creating a dichotomy against middling teams.

This guy really is the smartest GM in the NBA, I'm appalled at how dumb everyone was to vote for this, unless they all want the equal chance for themselves and don't care about making an actually effective lottery reform instead of a cheap temporary feel good reform that everyone with regret in 3-5 years.

Clock is ticking westshit, it's Thursday and no extension has been signed.

Tick...
Tock...
Tick...
Tock...

It's pretty sad to see this. No one cares about doing the right thing and making a real lottery reform that eliminates tanking instead of just expanding the possibilities to tank.

>he's been busy, he won't leave, russel is loyal

stfu, he didn't vote because he doesn't want to compete with experienced tanking teams and wants to half ass a tank job and get equal chances. this is damage prep when his stars leave.
enjoy the tank okc, i hope you're bottom 3 and get fucked over by Phoenix or Milwaukee.

Every team saw Silver's suggestion and licked their chops. Makes me think this was an international change done in a way to go under the radar to the general public. This only hurts middling teams even more, especially small markets. They can't afford to tank due to how badly it effects their sales and attendance, big markets can tank for years without it effecting their bottom line, Lakers and Knicks proved this by being the top earners still.

lazy photoshops should be a bannable offense

I can already see all the complaints that'll come in years from now when every team outside the top 5 of their conference is trying to out tank each other. It's going to be the 80's NBA all over again.

they should just give out the picks for the next 30 years and be done with this lottery bullshit

bottom 10 teams rotate #1 picks?

Gimme den rangz

Fuck the Warriors.

I don't give a shit about the draft, all I want is for the NBA to increase the minimum years in college needed before being eligible. I'm tired of these 1 and done scrubs.

Either be good enough to come out of high school or wait 2 years.

based

Why don't people talk about KD being the savior of the Warriors franchise?

I'd just be so much easier to have rules added that stop teams from doing mass trades and getting rid of good players or intentionally benching good players, vets, in favor of younger players and effectively tanking like the Lakers did when they shut down Nick Young.

Sup KD

sup kd

no, you get a pick from 1-30 for the next 30 years.

my venigga

presti knows paul george is going to be mad as fuck and leave for LA after westbrook and melo hog the ball all season

they won in 2015

Golden State's M.V.P. Facts! Not the one who creates multiple fake accounts to talk shit about his old team , KD may be playing for the team I support and the reason we got a ring but that BS made me lose a bit of respect for him

OKC doesn't even own their 2019 pick you dumb fucking troll

But they got thoroughly dominated in 2016

KD was the difference maker. He should get more acknowledgement for bringing a fanbase out of that kind of sadness which could've crippled them for years

Y'all sleepin on DRose. He averaged 30 ppg against GSW the past 3 years. If he gets 30 ppg
in the Finals, he gonna get his first ring.

The same contract is going to be available next offseason with more flexibility in years.

>extend now, deal ends when he's 33
>extend this upcoming summer, deal ends when he's 30/31

In other words, this is about two things. Maintaining flexibility and getting the max amount of money he can. Russell's playstyle might not age well.

Maxing Westbrook at 30 is a no brainer. He's in his prime.
Maxing Westbrook at 33 is questionable, especially since it rare to see a guard with Russell's intensity be efficient that long. It's hard to compare even Kobe, because once Kobe turned 30 he started changing his game from dunk and slashing to fadeaways and drawing fouls. It depends on Russell's development.

If Westbrook leaves OKC, it would only be in the case that both Melo and PG13 leave. I also think he would sign and trade, he wouldn't leave OKC high and dry.

KD is the face of the franchise and the undisputed leader of the team. Look at the +/- numbers with KD off the court and Steph off the court

Any GM would rather have KD than Steph

Breh even the Cavs are sleeping on DRose. He’s a backup PG now behind Isaiah Thomas (if he ever comes back from his career ending injury hahahaha)

Who Grizzlies in hurr? Yee'n North Memphis nigga

Young Kristaps with the braids

Tru. DRose gonna win Most Improved Player of the year, and hopefully perform so well, that they just use IT as a spot up shooter.

yoooo

it's cute watching you all post about your pleb teams.

Why did Iggy get FMVP in 2015?

Dwight Howard and Joakim Noah

Tell me how many times did Steph miss the playoffs in his career? How many times did KD?

Man, that first alley oop between LJ and DRose is going to be beautiful. This is going to be one of the most entertaining seasons in NBA history.

Steph is wildly underrated on here

How's his BBIQ going to improve this year?

Lmaoooooo

>he'll sign by the end of the week! Just wait!
>he'll sign next offseason! Better deal!!

Why would KD post here?

what does the postseason feel like? It's been so long

Norf norf

I'm hearing good things about these. If he does well its gotta be the shoes.

and how did kd do against them in 2016?

Bruh

somebody here might insult him, can't let that happen

All Russell's fault and the OKC supportkng staff isn't exactly Draymond and Klay

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA

lebron tier bbiq

how many finals did kd win without curry? how many did curry win without kd? who has more mvps?

Where would a prime Chris Webber rank amongst NBA players today?

Shit yeah, best fucking track ever mane
On the north side of town (North North!)
Lurk the killers and the thugs (North North!)
Those who never show no pity (North North!)
Come up short, feel the slugs (North North!)
Upper tone to ya dome (North North!)
When it's over then that's it (North North!)
Ain't gon' be no comin' back (North North!)
You's a victim of this shit (North North!)
Heard the clique (North North!)
Then the gun blast (North North!)
Then yo' body fall (North North!)
In a hood (North North!)
Where this gang shit wrote all on the wall (North North!)
You can call who you want (North North!)
But the police ain't gon' come (North North!)
Till the killers leave the scene (North North!)
And the shit's already done (North North!)

How'd the Ingram BBIQ meme start?

Age 23: KD made the finals
Age 23: Steph out with an ankle injury never had a winning season

Yeah nice comparison

If you think McGrady deserves to be in the HoF but not Bosh you should kys

>all russels fault

sh-shut up

dude, that was 15 years ago, let it go LLOOLL, half those guys are dead.

He certainly didn't help win rings

and what happened at that finals? lebron dicked that ass. the only game they lost this series was the game were curry played bad, durant is a non factor lmao

>lebron dicked that ass

42% is better than Westbrook career high % in a playing series LMAOOO

>all russells fault

Definitely not top 50. Somewhere in the 60s range ahead of Dwight Howard but behind Patrick Ewing.

Amongst TODAY'S players fool

Cringe

He'd be around the level of Anthony Davis. Davis is just a taller Webber. I'd rank him 9th in the league behind Davis.

you guys ready to do fantasy now or what

>non factor
>won finals MVP

Im glad KD took Steph's team and Steph will only be remembered as enhancing KD's legacy

AD's defense is way better than CWeb's and his overally offensive game is better. CWeb was just a better passer. He would be Marc Gasol-tier

Someone needs to get off their ass and create a league

Webber was better than Marc Gasol. Webs offense is just as good as Davis offense. Fuck off with that. Webber had a brilliant midrange game and he was a smart offensive player. Webber was at a Tim Duncan level of offense except he was quicker and attacked the basket more.

t. underage idiot

i made one but no one joined, no one wants to make a burner email for me to invite them. im working on how to make a public link so that is first come first serve.
ill literally make one right now, give me a sec

What's the buy in?

Someone answer me this

How is Adam Silver openly penalizing coaches for resting players not getting more attention as the most overbearing move an American sports commissioner has ever made?

He is literally going to penalize coaches and force them to make certain lineups against what their job wants

Because fans are stupid and they want to best players to be on the floor every second or they feel like they're losing money

Get back in there. Gotta entertain the goys! oy vey!

because his hand was forced by the cable companies and ESPN/TNT. They don't want the broadcasts they paid hundreds of millions for to be played by a bunch of backups

When you're paying 100-200 dollars to watch a NBA game, you better get some fucking star performances from that game or its highway robbery.

i made the league but there is not an option for a public link, unless you can tell me how, i need you guys to give me burner emails so i can send out invites.

[email protected]

i dont give a fuck that in the NBA you "expect" to see the star players instead of the teams because NBA fans are fans of players, not teams

the fact that the commissioner of the league is going to literally fine coaches and organizations for not coaching the way he wants is much worse than what roger goodell did about tom brady suspension, and yet NBA fans don't give a fuck

is it a serpentine draft?

snake yeah

If you did a fusion of Kobe/Shaq and LeBron/Wade, who would win a 1v1 game?

Lets say Kobe is slower and fatter because he is Shaq but he's fucking nasty down low and also keeps his shooting stoke despite losing his 3 point range.

Lets also say LeBron become a better midrange player and has a natural winning extinct because Wade fused to him, but he loses some strength and obviously some knee power.

Who would win?

it's not about that though, this is all about the cable companies wanting a return on the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars that they have spent on broadcasting rights. Notice how this only affects nationally televised games

>[Bresnahan]Can Julius Randle still dribble ball after taking defensive board? "For now, no. If you're a 4 or 5 man, find a point guard," Walton said.

fugg this nigga is G O N E, feels bad man, juju was my favorite

He and Russell were busts from the get-go. Not much the Lakers could have done with the 7th pick in 2014. Randle was just a fucking t-rex with a motor. He won't be resigned. Hopefully they can trade him and Deng for an expiring. DLo is the real killer bust here though because Lakers could have had Kristaps. Fuck that alternate reality. That one hurts hard. I just hope Ingram steps up and uses the strength he showed in summer league and apply it to NBA. Lakers can't afford another bust and while Ingram has a lot of the right tools for the modern wing, he needs to develop toughness to become a great player.

did you get it?

so now coaches have to coach their teams based on what the cable companies want?

could you imagine the reaction if roger goodell told NFL teams that, if it's week 17 and the team already clinched the playoffs, he literally forced the coaches to play their best players instead of resting them as they typically do?

[email protected].