That one album you'll never hear for the first time again

>that one album you'll never hear for the first time again

ok computer for me
laugh all you want but that was the album that got me autisticly obsessed with music

Hounds of Love

Makes me sad

>Rollercoaster by Red House Painters

i can't fucking do this

I cried after listening to this.

I think this is the best first listening experience I've ever had. The first 6 minutes are immaculate.

>17 at the time
>got into a car accident a week before it came out
>I was on the way to rob a liquor store with some people I met at a party
>didn't notice the girl driving was hammered
>she crashed the car
>explaining shit to my parents in the hospital was weird (I was drunk and high)
>I didn't tell them about the robbery plans
>felt lucky but also felt like scum for a while

I remember listening to cloud of forgetting and frankie m for the first time completely changed my life and made me feel better

that’s why you’re fucked up

Spiderland the first time was one of the most breathtaking music-listening experiences to me. It completely changed my views on emotional expression via music

nice

>You will never listen to the gigantic fucking break of Flood III for the first time again
Why live

the first time i heard spiderland was magical

this and just got back from discomfort.

Also will never see them as they were again
during the "ZOOTV Outside Broadcast" Tour.

holy fuck I was just about to post this album, never would've expected to see someone else on Sup Forums say good things about U2.
Those last 3 songs especially are so different emotionally and stylistically it's insane how well they work together. Ultraviolet is an earnest and upbeat love song, then Acrobat is bitter and angry, and the album ends on Love Is Blindness which is just one of the best closing tracks of all time. Rips your fucking heart out.

Shame they lost sight of the art and their desire to experiment musically in the 2000s. No Line was half-way there but they got cold feet at the last minute and stuck some radio friendly shit in the middle. Songs of Innocence I liked a lot and I think the iTunes release thing fucked over any chance that album had of being well receieved. I had high hopes for Songs of Experience but it ended up being the same middle of the road rock sound they should've left in 2004.

Yeah. My first time hearing it was the day after saw the ZOOTV show.
Listening to the album after hearing so many of the songs live in all the ZOOTV spectacle was almost a ethereal experience.

call her a meme artist but the first time I heard this was honestly a breathtaking experience

Arckanum - Antikosmos

especially starless

i meant to post this but that album works too

I agree. It's a pleb opinion but I think Storm is fucking fantastic and probably their best piece. I remember getting a lot of tearful catharsis out of it when I first got into the band 5-6 years ago. Moya was the other one.

Pink Floyd - The dark side of the mon

>Without you what does my life amount to

yeah I know what you mean except I was more for Kid A

Most albums I don't come to love until re-listening to them several times.

This is one of the exceptions, oddly enough. I instantly loved it.

>ant Pavement album

I just did this and was honestly underwhelmed :(

I really liked Art Angels.

This album scared me

Fuck, I listened for the first time after my uncle died, it slayed me harder than the funeral

Same here man. I genuinely think Storm is the best song I’ve ever listened to. Period

heavy water is a knife in the chest

A Piece of the Sky.

It didn't click the first time I listened to it, but I want to relive the second time I listened to it like 3 years later.
I fucking wish I could hear Beach Life In Death and Famous Prophets for the first time again.

>locked outside of my house at 3:30 in the morning
>couldn't find the spare key and my rapid knocking wasn't working
>put this album on and sat on the patio and looked at stars like a fag
>tfw will never listen to something so ear piercing yet so fucking beautiful as Spirit They've Vanished and Untitled ever again
>tfw will never hear Penny Dreadfuls for the first time again
>tfw will never almost tear up at the end of La Rapet for the first time again
>tfw will never play the album again for the second time so I can watch the sun come up again
my feels will not vanish

Unironically this.

Hearing tupac for the first time I was on the bus my jaw dropped

I like that, user

when I was a kid my parents didn't like me listening to anything other than classical music. I found this in my Dad's old cd/record collection when I was like 13, and would listen to it at night, just loud enough so I could hear it because I was afraid of waking my parents up since they were one room over from me. As I gradually steeled myself to turn it up louder and louder each listen, I kept hearing more and more of the record. By the time I was 16, I had every lyric memorized. Without this album, I would never have gotten into music

I know it's a meme, but still. I was about 6 hours into my first acid trip on my freshman year of college. I detached from my group to lay down by a lake outside of my dorm, when I decided to listen to an album all the way through, and for whatever reason this is what I picked out. Once the beat after "IF I COULD JUST LEAVE MY BODY FOR A NIGHT" dropped, I started crying like a bitch. I actually think I bawled throughout the whole album. I'm not sure why. I think it was because I was skipping dinner and sleep to do drugs, and the all the wholesome friendship and family themes in the album were things that I was sorely missing out on because of what an autistic edgelord I was at the time. It really convinced me to turn my life around

Fuck, forgot pic

iktf

i started listening to mpp just as the acid kicked in, i was floored through all of it
it wasn't the first time i heard it, but it felt like it because of how intense it was, same with Eno - Another Green World, which i listened right after
(the rest of the trip was just me petting my friend's cat for 4 hours straight, then i pretended to eat some nachos)

BRUH this and Moya/BBF3 are fucking insane

tbqh

I STILL REMEMBER THE FIRST TIME WHEN I HATED IT

it's funny to try to think of how this album sounded the first time i heard it, it's like an old friend now

>ywn hear motocycle drive-by for the first time again

>I WILL SEE YOU
>IN THE NEXT LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE
It still breaks me today

Astral Weeks

it's the most beautiful album ever in my opinion

Geogadddi. It just took me for such an intense ride. I was in an airport waiting for a flight that was having several delays. It was raining a ton, and there were so many flights taking off that night. I think the tiredness and the Irn Bru added to that near psychedelic experience.

Underage

B L A C K I E. . . All Caps, With Spaces - REMAINS
The first track was hilarious when I heard this for the first time, damn I wish I was back there.

I can take the road to take you down to nowhere I can take the road that'll set you free I can take te road thatll bobbidy bop

>cuz you know, and I know, in the morning I'll be dead

I casted Rolling Stones off as totally bad buttrock boyband trash like the Beatles because I hadn't really heard any of their songs before except Paint it Black and Tell Me.

Didn't expect it to be good, liked it a lot and I listen to songs from it usually at least once every few days. There are two songs I don't like from it: Can't You Hear Me Knocking, and Brown Sugar. I don't like Brown Sugar's main guitar lead, and Knocking is just noodling around.

Only listened to Hot Rats until i played this through. Blew my mind

I had pic related downloaded for quite awhile until one day I wanted some music for vidya and instantly got captivated by the first track. I had to focus on the music since it was so breathtaking and new. It's still my favorite album.

:(

bink bink bink bink bink
bink moon