youtube.com/watch?v=5pAK7Rdaky8
youtube.com/watch?v=GivYvvBiAZo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Abbey Road

Am I Evil blew my 10 year old mind

Dookie by Green Day

i sincerely had no interest in rap at all before this album and you'll cowards

This was the first CD I actually bought and fell in love with every track

9 years ago when I was 16. It showed me that music is a medium worth consuming on its own with no distractions. I listened to this album in bed with the lights off before going to sleep every night for a couple weeks before moving on to their other records.

nirvana in utero

>metaluca

blew my 13 year old mind

I listened to this thinking it was The Beatles but I fucking loved it anyways.

First rock album I owned.
Was 11 when I got it in the early 70's
Still own it and plays as good as it did when I first spun it. ( I take extremely good care of my albums)

Tender age of 3. Been a music autist for 25 years this year.

I hate to admit it but

hahaha thats one little pianist

I was into music before this, or at least enjoyed it greatly.

But I never bothered to really start listening to full length albums until I heard this the day it released.

this album taught 14 year old me there was more to life than nu metal and gorillaz

the experience of picking up a promo disc from old navy full of shitty pop punk juxtaposed with having this sent to me on AIM by someone dressed out of a thrift store

The album, recommended here actually, that changed my life 7 years ago.

this and pic

when I was a kid my parents didn't like me listening to anything other than classical music. I found this in my Dad's old cd/record collection when I was like 13, and would listen to it at night, just loud enough so I could hear it because I was afraid of waking my parents up (they were one room over from me). As I gradually steeled myself to turn it up louder and louder each listen, I kept hearing more and more of the record. By the time I was 16, I had every lyric memorized. Without this album, I would never have gotten into music

Split the atom noisia

The Mollusk

My parents had this album and when I was a little kid I would listen to his symphonic rendering of Bach's Prelude and Fugue in Dmin and "conduct".

this fucking album

Probably listening to OK Computer 15 years ago is what did it for me. Don't think I saw albums as cohesive things until then.

these and pic related
I still believe to this day that Demon Days is one of the greatest pop albums ever recorded. It pretty much drew me into listening to whole albums.

Probs going to get laughed at for this, but I used to be a massive James Blunt fan, so my great grandmother bought me this album for my 10th birthday. Absolutely fell in love with it, still listen to it sometimes and think about her (She died a year or two after. Has some really great tunes, if, a little cheesy.

youtube.com/watch?v=S0k4f3FRzyU

youtube.com/watch?v=5pAK7Rdaky8

youtube.com/watch?v=GivYvvBiAZo

Funnily enough I cant stand any of his studio stuff.

was probably 14 and this came on my Pandora for some reason

Really Doe convinced me to listen to the whole album and it blew my mind.

>you will NEVER listen to ITAOTS for the first time again

still beautiful

from the first second it blew me away
then i got fucking obsessed with occult and lovecraft and it all went downhill from there... though i'm happy

>JET

heard kettering in a movie and fell in love with it

what made you listen to it from start to end?
btw one of the first for me aswell

to be honest? I don't think my first listen was the best one.

Not sure what exactly is meant by "got you into music" but this album and more specifically East Hastings got me into post-rock and i'd say that was a good entry point into more "advanced listening"

made me feel like weird was good

F# A# and Mono's 'You Are There' got me into post-rock. Fantastic albums.

It's a shame Godspeed became far too crescendo-core on later albums, but still enjoyable.

Same plus pic related

It depends, honestly. While various power metal shit got me into exploring the genre when I was a young teenager, ITCOTCK got me into more "artistic" music which I prefer today.

Plus Revolver and Banana

Same.

Holy shit this was a ride.

yes I know, its angsty teen bullshit and im probably a gay 14-year-old girl (their older albums are actually pretty good though, much less edgy emo shit that appeals to teenage girls)

21p made me start listening to other music that isn't just monstercat electro and dubstep.

I really started discovering music in 2016, Kanye's Graduation helped too

I had differeny ”stages” of getting into music.

>Watch Fantasia when 4 years old, still remember being blown away by it.
>Hear Linkin Park when 10 years old, when they got big. Got into rock music this way.
>Hear Master Of Puppets when 14 and discover metal. Was a hardcore metalhead after that.
>Watch Queen at live aid when 16 and, stopped being a metal-only guy and started listening to all kinds of music.

at the age of 15 this was my gateway album from dub/ library music/ psychill to progressive electronic. by extension it was how I accessed krautrock, and eventually through Brian Eno's collaborations with the band became interested in an incredible variety of fusion genres and the western canon in general.
i still love their whole catalog of ambient / progressive electronic releases, especially the first three albums

>be 6 year old me, never seriously listened to anything
>my dad is going to see Kraftwerk live in a few days (he didn't get a ticket for me because I hadn't heard of them and money was tight at the time)
>he's replaying all of their albums to reacquaint himself with their music
>I don't know this
>wake up on a Saturday morning
>pic related is playing
>go downstairs
>fall in love with the title track

this. It made me branch out into different styles of music beyond the typical Top 40 shit

strange place to start with Dylan though

that one

Can listen to this album 5 times a day and still love it. Though I'm not really feeling the seven or even green naguhyde but whatever. Musician's change and write what they want so you got to respect that.

Holy shit I completely forgot about that album.

Also in my top 10

He was 10, give him a break

unironically, after hearing a Lone remix on adult swim I had to listen to his new shit and fell in love with the 90s house sound as a kid.

I've given it like three or four good shots and it's never stuck with me, I just gave up trying.

same here

nice

hahaha why is this mine as well

thank u mr. james

holy shit this is awesome.