Thought this book is relevant now that morons just voted to fuck their own economy up

Thought this book is relevant now that morons just voted to fuck their own economy up

>we voted rationally for sensible policy-based reasons but those damn sheeple voted differently than us because they can't think correctly
sage

>it's another "democracy only fails/vote is a fraud when I lose" thread
Though it is true, direct-democracy is generally shit in regular practice, but in the case of Brexit, it came out on the generally beneficial side, i.e. not being cucked out of sovereignty by a soon-to-be authoritarian government from afar.

>I didn't read the book
thank you america for your contribution to this discussion

I used to think the EU should reclaim its former colonies but the more I hear from them the more willing I am to let them be alone

You know damn well what you were implying you autistic cunt.

There are a million of these platitudinous "people are dumb and get impassioned about things I don't care about or I don't think is important" books which are usually written by smug self absorbed personalities who mock people who believe things differently from them. Ironically they're usually really simplistic books devoid of anything revelatory and basically boil down to "democracy means people might vote for things I don't like."

Usually universally written by narcissistic liberals with a "I know whats best for the common man" god complex.

you'de be better off with an economics book.

The book didn't make this retarded OP.

Impolite sage.

There's no such thing as voting against your interests. Leftists are too autistic to realize other people's moral priorities are different from theirs.

>the myth of the rational voter
>rational voter
>rational
>unlike the sheeple, I am a rational person, I have been an atheist since i was 12, I can identify the time signature of most death metal songs, AND I play dark souls with no shield, debate me!!1!XD

yeah

Fuck you Kublai. Short term ramifications of leaving vs long term ramifications of staying.

this

cry more op

Curse all of those sheeple who had months of fearmongering and propaganda shoved down their throats what they should vote for, and then not voting for it.
Curse them.

Good luck ever trying to reclaim us you pussy

>democracy is only good as long as people vote for my ideas

get fucked, birthday gift.

Yeah, direct democracy clearly doesn't work, I mean look at Switzerland! What a failed state that absolutely no one looks up to.

>I can identify the time signature of most death metal songs

Kek,spot on

you're proving his point

I'm afraid a broad statement like that can't only "just" be relevant.

>it's not rational until I agree with it

FUCK OFF

THE BOOK SHOULD BE TITLED "THE MYTH OF THE NON-EXISTENT EGO"

>OY VEY DIRTY GOYIM, DON'T CAUSE ANNUDA SHOAH YOU ALT RIGHT SPRINKLES, YOU'RE SHEEP, EXISTENTIALISM, EXISTENTIALISM, NOT AN ARGUMENT, LETTERS THAT AREN'T IN THE ENGLISH ALPHABET.
Fuck Of (((SteinBerg)))

How?

>Finland has attractive people
Sage

>Athiesm is irrational

Almost got me there Gyppo.

Educate yourself.

At least read a good book about how democracy is bad.

Not an argument

Lol not even, his argument is just anecdotes, these anons have data from research.

Stay salted my Hollandse Nieuwe

The idea that people are rational actors is the foundation of all of the stupidest and most horrible shit that happens.

And I have no idea where that notion came from.

Geopolitical change is all it took to structurally unravel Britain's market economy (an economy that deals with changes every second)?

Wow. Ever consider their economy was fucked by decades of terrible and fiscal monetary policy, that was coordinated with the rest of the world, and it's just barely holding itself together?

Sup Forums is being flooded with sticky tier levels of stupid right now.

I remember voters in my state chose to use federal money to build a stadium instead of spending it on so much needed maintenance for some bridges and roads,
a bridge collapsed and somehow they blamed it on Bush.

"People" are by and large very rational actors. People like you just misunderstand how the term is used. It doesn't mean "I'm a perfect logician with no opinions who only thinks in terms of money."

There are cases where people behave irrationally, though most examples of irrational behavior are "they don't value things like I do so they must be irrational" which is just popsci retardation.

Well, good thing that's not what I meant by it. I just don't see how you can look at the panoply of psychological experiments that demonstrate our inability to access the genesis of our thoughts, our inability to recall accurately, our tendency to obey, our penchant for brainwashing and manipulation, the unreliability of our eye witness accounts - and to top them all, our undying confidence in our own thoughts, despite all of the aforementioned - and think we are rational actors.

We are meme machines, to steal a phrase (before "meme" became idiotic). We repeat what we hear a lot, and our idea of our selves very rarely match reality.

>fuck their own economy up
ah yes very impressive

"Rational" just means "seeks to maximize preferences." It doesn't explain the origin of preferences. It doesn't seek to justify a person's preferences. A person's preferences are given.

I have yet to see a purported example of irrational behavior which didn't involve
1) incomplete information
2) imposition of preferences by the author of the study
3) the refusal to consider second-order preferences (e.g. no concept of "enough" even though such a preference has been expressed since basically people started writing)

There are still some studies which have found irrational behavior but they're pretty scarce and I can't even remember a single one off the top of my head (though I do have the memory of reading one or two).

Well regardless, what I listed before is the reason why we're a shit species whether you call it "irrational" or whatever you like

So what exactly is it they're on about when they're saying it's the worst it's been since the 80's, is it just the amount it dropped in a single go?

FTSE closed higher today that it was at the start of the week senpai

Pfftfftftfttftftfttfffff

Another buttmad faggot

I came here to laugh at you

*sigh*

I've seen a lot more libcuck finns here lately. I didn't know we were this shit. Just end us already...

>that title
>that subtitle
>that cover
Just read Nietzsche, you fucking herd animal.