Why do all anglos and americans "learn" languages all the time but don't know any?

why do all anglos and americans "learn" languages all the time but don't know any?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puss_in_Boots
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pic rel me wonderin btw

Some want to visit Euro-speaking countries or have foreign friends online (or foreign pussy), but once you walk outside your home in America, the only language that's relevant is English. So it doesn't *really* stick around

English is the only language worth learning

in business sure the only language that matters. but if you find a foreign girlfriend you aint gonna make your extended family in all places good at english overnight.

english doesn't sound as cool and being monolingual makes me feel insecure

>chinese
>spanish
>japanese
>arabic
>russian
most of people speaking those languages don't know english, so if you want to have true experience from certain country, you need to know language at least a bit
but i guess for some people sightseeing is fun enough, without interaction/further culture exploring

We don't actively engage in that second language everyday. For example you would speak Polish at work/school and when with family or friends. But if you come on Sup Forums or watch a movie from an English speaking country, you are using English.

because learning other languages is fucking stupid and a waste of time since they are so god damn irrelevant
kurwa

你是故意指鹿为马吧

you seem angry, here take a kitten, it is a german kitten but i am sure you are no kitten racist, right?

fuck off with your nazi cat

nice kitten

cute kočka

#notallcats

english is really cool it's just not exotic to you

why do bong women all have that buck toothed inbred look?

>english
>exotic

>being monolingual makes me feel insecure
lmfao
what kind of cuck says something like this
"i feel insecure because i only have one nose and don't need another"

>japanese

note to potential new language learners: don't fall for this meme

Hier ist was für euch. Eine Katze die mit deinen sinnbildern gut stimmt.

It'd hard to practice it desu. The average person probably only speaks English so you cant really engage in a new language. I learned French a while back, but I haven't really practiced it in a very long time so I'm pretty sure I forgot most of it by now.

ja znaju :) koty sa dobrze.

e per i donne: gatti son bieni :)

Foreign languages are not like essential organs.

They are more like cars. They have a utilitarian function but they can also be luxury and used to show off status.

And sometimes they get you laid.

>HIER IST WAS FUR EUCH. EINE KATZE DIE MIT DEINEN SINNBILDERN GUT STIMMT
>SIEG HEIL PANZERWAFFEN JUDEN BLITZKRIEG
literally the same thing

I don't mean this in a cruel way but there just isn't any real incentive for most native English speakers to learn another language to fluency. Only love and sometimes work will give enough of a push.

Not only that but also they give you a key to understand how thoughts are formed and messages are interpreted by different people. Which gives you insight in what messages in your native country could mean to do with you in a way you would not be aware of if you were monolingual.

most Arabs know Englando

How about not being an uneducated pleb?

IT'S A TRAP
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puss_in_Boots
>[...] a cat who uses trickery and deceit to gain power, wealth, [...]
never trust German cats

ok this is hopeless. hope an anglican cat can calm this one. it's my last card. :'/

Learning a foreign language that isn't English, where you're going to catch most of it from osmosis, isn't that simple. For the overwhelming majority of people, not being an uneducated pleb isn't going to motivate them all the way to fluency.

If all you care about in life is muh carreer and muh bank account, sure.