youtube.com/watch?v=Ahha3Cqe_fk
youtube.com/watch?v=sXd2WxoOP5g
youtube.com/watch?v=539k0xsUja4
youtube.com/watch?v=Pg-Xw35y5bI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

user, i haven't listened to radiohead

you've heard "creep"

sorry OP, that title goes to Pink Floyd

literally none of my peers who are not as into music as myself have never heard a radiohead song other than creep

same here

radiohead is one of the most accessible experimental band to get into though, thus making them normie as fuck

who?

>>Everyone outside Sup Forums listens to or has listened to a radiohead LP
Most of those people are either from Reddit/RYM or read Pitchfork and/or watch Anthony Fantano. Either way, all of them are really only listened to by people actively involved, or at least aware of, independent culture. Other than that, Radiohead isn't normie. The only songs they ever had that went famous were Creep and Karma Police, and maybe Paranoid Android. Other than that, not everyone has listened to a full Radiohead album.

For god's sakes, they were the band that shaped the entire culture of this board. You couldn't even argue that NMH and Captain Beefheart did this, because they each only released one album that caught on here. Radiohead's entire discography has cultivated the entirety of independent music, from here to Pitchfork to RYM, and even Reddit. As such, they were objectively the most influential band in the realm of independent music, as they seemingly blended esoteric ideas unprecedented in reality and merged them together with their own interpretations of music as a whole to craft the greatest Indie masterpieces of the genre, and some of the greatest music in general. They were the first band to gain two 10/10 albums from Pitchfork, had two of those albums reach the top 10 (one topping the entire chart) of the RYM's Top 500, and are consistently ranked among the top echelon of artists ever. No indie band could ever make albums as omnipotent and acclaimed as them and garner such recognition from both independent and mainstream critics. To turn your back on them because of contrarianism is brutally dishonest. Had Radiohead not existed, this board wouldn't be a tenth as popular as it is now. It's like the most popular girl in school becomes nice to you, giving you popularity to your name. Then suddenly, you start to hate her and betray her trust.

Not wrong really. A lot of normies think they're deep af for liking radiohead.
Doesn't mean they're bad at all tho.

sure, but other than that i've heard nothing. not a single lp or single

think the main issue is that there so many fans of radiohead that some of the fans think of themselves as special snowflakes

They may be normie but they're unironically one of the greatest bands of all time.

>experimental band

I don't even fucking listen to Radiohead but my YouTube recommendations are filled to the brim with shitty unfunny "Radiohead albums portrayed by x" vids.

>excremental

>radiohead have never experimented with their music

if they made anything normie as shit, it would have to be Pablo Honey. everything else isn’t really normie.

>everything from ok computer to moon-shaped pool wasn’t experimental

The Bends is normie. It's a quality bit of britpop though. A lot of OK Computer is normie accessible too. Anything after that is probably a little far out for most normalfags though.

never listened to this nor heard of it

OKC and before is what everyone hears, post-OKC Radiohead is non-normie and likely hasn't been heard by as many people.

>everything I like from them is OKC or after
>give me reddit gold now reeeee

this desu

i havent because theyre pretentious cunts with tennage pretentious cunt fans

>HURRR ELETRONIC MUSIC AND ROCK MUSIC MIXED TOGETHER? SO INNOVATE
by that logic, linkin park are experimental as fuck

Their whole discography minus kid a and amnesiac are pretty accessible to anyone above the mental age of 16

Normies love Kid A

Linkin Park are experimental, you dunce. No other artist pioneered such a unique song structure. Songs from Hybrid Theory and Meteora, such as Figure.09, Breaking the Habit, Numb, Lying From You, Crawling, Points of Authority and With You took elements from electronica, ambient, trip hop and glitch pop to form their experimental status. This isn't even taking into consideration A Thousand Suns or Living Things. In fact, quite a lot of their songs employ this formula:

1: Start off with some atmospheric synths, beats or ambient-esque instrumental
2: Guitars, bass and drums come in and coincide with the electronic melody
3: Mike raps, when the guitars quiet down to make room for the electronic part
4: Chester screams/sings in the chorus, with the electronic piece combining with the guitars yet again
5: Repeat chorus and verse style.

only because it's shilled as one of the best rock records ever by sites like reddit and p4k. people are more inclined to think it's good if it's regarded high-brow to do so

Imagine being this retarded

This is 100% accurate.
I never understood the "Radiohead is normie" meme. I go to a major university and know quite a few people from different social scenes and a wide variety of music tastes, and only about 2 people even know their famous songs. Even the ones who listen to "hipster" or "independent" music don't listen to Radiohead. Their main indie artists are Muse, Tame Impala, Foo Fighters, QOTSA, Kings of Leon etc. It's just Sup Forums and reddit that talks about them a lot, which might lead some people to believe they're a normie band.

I never thought of Kings of Leon as indie persay

This, anyone who claims otherwise doesn't leave their house and is a virgin

I get that their music sounds sad and depressing to a lot of people which is a huge turnoff. But calling them normie is an insult to what they've achieved. Jonny has gone on to become one of the most prolific composers in motion picture music. A fucking normie band would never be able to be so acclaimed and respected across a huge variety of genres.

every art hoe has creep, fake plastic trees, everything in it's right place, paranoid android, and high and dry on their depression playlist

youtube.com/watch?v=Ahha3Cqe_fk

>what is label mandated "insert indie band name-drop here" for crossover street cred?

youtube.com/watch?v=sXd2WxoOP5g
youtube.com/watch?v=539k0xsUja4
These songs are clearly marketed towards normies. They want normies to feel "cool" for listening to "cool" music and Radiohead is the most popular "cool" band.

I don't know, none of the normies I know ever showed any interest in Radiohead and said "That sounds so boring, play something cool"

Radiohead is overrated trash

youtube.com/watch?v=Pg-Xw35y5bI
What percentage of Radiohead fans do you think know about this song?

Radiohead is the last band that comes to mind when looking for music to fuck to

What the fuck it's kanye west you tard

so many people talk about kanye west but don’t actually listen to his music besides graduation and 808s & heartbreak