Is Latin America part of the West or is it its own thing? Or maybe some parts like Brazil, Argentina...

Is Latin America part of the West or is it its own thing? Or maybe some parts like Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay are but some like Mexico, Peru and Bolivia aren't?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Hemisphere_Institute_for_Security_Cooperation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States
youtube.com/watch?v=qYwcZffBKlc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astronomy_in_Chile
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Which Latin American region is the least Western?

Mexico, Panama, and the Caribbean (excluding Cuba, Haiti, and Dominican Republic) are western. The rest are their own thing.

I guess maybe Haiti or Bolivia

t.chicano

>Paraguay
>Southern Cone
in all seriousness is not SC region, Platine basin fits better
also venezuela is full caribbean
>Is Latin America part of the West
no
>it its own thing?
its more that one thing, our culture is very diverse.

Why is Latin America so fucking dirty?

Latin America was never considered as Western, it is more like its own thing

Bolivia isn't, especially since Evo Morales. They've increasingly rejected European culture and encouraged the use of Quechua over Spanish.

The Southern Cone on the other hand is mostly populated by people of Southern European ancestry, there is not much, if any Amerindian cultural influence.

Dude, why are you doing the bait threads yourself? Yes. Mexico is what remains of Aztec and for the most part Mesoamerican civiliation but we are a Catholic country that speaks Spanish with a Mediterranean culture, European in terms of Western philosophy, the fine arts, science, etc.

It's not that this is a matter of degrees, we are Westerners, it's denial to think otherwise.

Why are you on every fucking LatAm related thread asking stupid questions? Fuck off

why would Brazil and Argentina part of the west but not Mexico?

Also, it depends. In my experience the poorer you are the most it feels like an amalgamation of wester, african and indian and therefore it's own thing, but the richer you are the more "western" you tend to act and think.

A place like South Korea tries to be as western as possible but even then they have very "asian" behaviours and ways of thinking, but in Brazil I'm pretty sure your average middle class high school thinks the same way any other in US/CAN/EUROPE/etc do, the same kind of discussions, the same kind of people, the same kind of values, etc.

And I'm pretty sure this is true for most Latin American countries. They might not be western enough to be considered part of the west, but they're the closest thing to.

Isn't rich people being Westernized something common all over the World?

latin america is western, not like it is something to be proud of anyway

Argentina=Amerindian culture.
You can see the overwhelmimg Amerindian influence in all the central aspects of our culture.

t. argentinian

t. Evo

None are Western

Look at their homicide rates. No one there values a human life like a Westerner does.

t. taringa Sup Forums browsing newfag

i'm pretty sure some royal houses in Asia still maintain their traditions and refuse to be westernized
but yeh those are the exception to the rule

>No one there values a human life like a Westerner does
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAH

Brazil and Argentina have no indigenous influence

Same shit happens in Europe, dipshit. No one questions their Westerness.

Yours on the other hand - literal people getting beheaded and shot like dogs. Go on liveleak. Random violence doesn't happen to innocent men, women and children in the West on a systematic scale.

For the most part yes. Those countries were created by Western elites after all.

What part of Western culture does drug cartels and random crime come from? What part of Western culture can nice groups like Los Zetas and MS13 come from?

Gauchos? Mestizo=partly indigenous
Asado? Mestizo=partly indigenous
Chimichurri? Mestizo=partly indigenous
Sun of May (the sun in argentina's flag)? Incan diety=indigenous
Mate? Native American (Guaraní)=indigenous
Tango? African (with some indigenous elements as well)
Most spoken languages besides Spanish? They are all indigenous
Best football player of Argentina's history? Mestizo=partly indigenous
Majority of Argentina's population? Mestizo=partly indigenous
Accent? Derived from indigenous groups....=partly indigenous

The list goes on and on.

Need to mention the Western gangs operating in NY, NJ, Chicago??
Hmm Italian mafia, hmmm Irish mafia... And so on

Pretty sure the Italian and Irish mafia didn't behead anyone or cause random violence against innocent people.

>look ata their homicide rates

I did and I saw that USA has a bigger homicide rate than Chile.

I guess we are western but LOS ESTADOS UNIDOS aren't.

Feels good.

>Go on liveleak
literally BRICS newscentral, why you bring it up kek

And killing thousands of people, burying them or throwing them off helicopters

What part of Western culture is that?

You aren't western. You wouldn't understand.

>Italians and Irish
>western

If you witnessed something you we're done even if you had nothing to do with the issue. They are some decades behind when it comes to social behavior, maybe, but that doesn't make them less Westerner. They are based on christianism as we are.

Not this much I don't think.
I don't see Asia or Africa as closely related to what is being currently discussed in western countries as we are, or at least Brazil. Be it in politics, values, behaviours or just things in general.

I was studying with an american teacher for a year and a half (every class was basically conversation classes bc since he was a native we'd get more familiar with the language and stuff) and I used to wonder if he'd change the way he interacts with us or something but he didn't, we'd pick up any reference, any line of thought, trade louis ck jokes and stuff. He was very "american" but there was barely any cultural dissonance.

Of course it depends on what being western means, but as a behaviour and way of thinking people in favelas and very "regional" people tend to act in a more unique, brazilian way, but the middle class that (makes up for the other half of the population) tends to act and think in a more western way. That's what I meant by us being the closest thing to the west.

Depends on what "influence" is. Plenty of words and food derive from indians (and showering 2 or 3 times a day apparently)

Alright so, let's clarify what a Westerner is before keeping on this conversation. Is a Westerner the same as a Protestant Saxon?

Those thinga were product of American intervention thought. Look up "school of the Americas".
You've just convinced me that we, indeed, are western, while you Americans are a violent and corrupt cultural admixture.

*things
*though

I just don't remember the last time a Western government slaughtered thousands of its own citizens in such a barbaric fashion.

Let me know where the mass graves are in the USA

i don't know you but we are not western we are special we are amerindians

You have bad memory then.

look at Chile murder rate
and then look at yours
Anyway Chile is still non western, we are our own thing

>I just don't remember the last time a Western government slaughtered thousands of its own citizens in such a barbaric fashion.

just watch the news there's a civil war in your country thanks to drumph

So Trump is drugging thousands of people and throwing them off planes?

lmao you're retarded
the CIA taught them those methods

>of its own citizens
catch question
american natives weren't your citizens, so your government felt no guilt about it

yes

no but it once happened you literal retard
same with this

Muricans had a cruent civil war though.

Why would someone drugg a man before throwing him out of a plane?

Who knows.

We're not savage non-Westerners. Americans can't relate to that kind of disregard for human life.

Mere suggestions. Could have dealt with them civilly like a civil country would have.

But of course you savages with your bloodlust love seeing people get murdered. That would'nt be acceptable in the USA unless someone declared war on us, and even then millions would still be opposed

You are delusional, but I don't blame you.

You have 10 seconds to explain why homicide rate is bigger in USA than in Chile, otherwise you aren't western.

Lol it's you again, go throw some atomic bombs. The only country in the world that doesn't respect human life is the USA.

Go away americunt.

We were at war. Different than just killing for the sake of killing. Unlike you savage faggots who enjoy killing, we feel a lot of guilt

You think we like killing people? It's just necessary.

>Giambi Garcia
>American

Sure thing buddy.

These people don't feel guilt Also you're the ones killing civilians and orphan childrens in war. That's just being an asshole who has no value for human life.

>But of course you savages with your bloodlust love seeing people get murdered.
>nº1 place for violent movies
>nº1 place for violent games
>liveleak
>gunlovers

>Unlike you savage faggots who enjoy killing, we feel a lot of guilt
Chileans enjoy killing? What the fuck?

>You think we like killing people? It's just necessary.
lmao

WE should feel guilt for people who wanted to genocide Americans during a legitimate war?

Ok then.

>with a Mediterranean culture, European in terms of Western philosophy, the fine arts, science, etc.
>It's not that this is a matter of degrees, we are Westerners, it's denial to think otherwise.

>>liveleak

That's why there are more videos on the fucked up things that happen in Brazil than the US?
That's why Brazil has more total murders than the US despite having less population?

Well, your government is probably lying.

Like Pinochet lied about all the people he killed. No one believes that Latino culture values human life like Westerners do. Its sad really.

You should feel guilty for killing innocent people and laughing at natural disasters. That's what valuing a human life means, not whatever the fuck you think it is.

>for killing innocent people

You mean, during a war, correct?

The CIA admited it's involvement during the dictatorship in Chile, so those deaths are on you.

Yup, you don't kill innocent people even if you have political differences with a country.

This doesn't mean murder is appreciated here or "cool" as you're making out to be. Everybody who kills do so because they already live in a poor, violent areas and where taught to do so since they're young by criminals and drug dealers, unlike many people in your country who kill because they just want to take on the world. So many people in fact that mass shootings aren't a rare occurence anymore.
We're talking about how we need to reverse this shit all the time.

And by your logic America is a bunch of savages with bloodlust when compared to Norway. Brazil is nothing more than America in a third world context.

t. Evo

>American talking about how Pinochet was an asshole

Fuck you, you ignorant fuck, you fuckers did that to us.

>kill innocent people

They're not innocent if we're at war. And unlike you guys, they weren't our own people.

> unlike many people in your country who kill because they just want to take on the world

What the fuck are you talking about? Most murders here are between criminals. Random people don't die here for no reason unless its a terrorist attack

>What the fuck are you talking about?
are you fucking sure you don't know what I'm talking about? do you want a wikipedia screenshot?

>they weren't our own people

Tuskegee experiments

I don't see what the problem is here? People celebrate our tragedies. Why can't we do the same for others?

We're in that "western but not western" limbo like Eastern Europe.

Spics don't even care about space exploration and astronomy like us. I did not see one single thread created about the Great American Eclipse of 2017 by a spic. Not one!

I literally have no clue what you're talking about.

lmao you're an idiot
typical ameritard

I don't remember a formal apology from Japan for Pearl Harbor and killing so many of our soldiers.

>American
that's why, you dumbfuck

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States
retard

and those are just school shootings

annular eclipse from february >>> your disappointing shit
youtube.com/watch?v=qYwcZffBKlc

How do Spics equivocate the wartime bombing of a legitimate military target to their own leaders murdering thousands of their countrymen?

It's boggling.

Well, we have a problem with mental illness in this country, which we are trying to solve and prevent more school shootings from happening.

How are you doing that? Honest question

their """own leaders""" were literal CIA puppets, ameridumb

>They're not innocent if we're at war. And unlike you guys, they weren't our own people.

Civilians aren't at war you dumb fuck, civilians are innocent, politicians are the ones who declare war and they send their armies to fight for them, civilians have absolutely nothing to do with it, yet you choose to throw an atomic bomb into them despite doing nothing.

The fact that you defend this proves how little you care about human lives and how shit is your education. No wonder so many school shooters and serial killers come out from it if they taught you that killing innocents if okay if you have an agenda.

>which we are trying to solve and prevent more school shootings from happening.
so now all of a sudden it's fine because you're trying to fix it? so are we you fucking retard
you're the one saying we go out shooting each other like that shitty "horror" movie of yours

>Spics don't even care about space exploration and astronomy like us.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astronomy_in_Chile

>Chile can be considered astronomy's world capital. In 2011,[2] Chile was home to 42% of the world's astronomical infrastructure consisting mostly of telescopes, and by 2020 it will contain around 70% of the global infrastructure.

You really don't know what the fuck you're talking about right? Do you even have studies in the field? Because I do and you're full of shit.

>being western
Disgusting

trick question, communists arnt people.

This.

Also your atomic bomb wasn't aimed at a "military target", it was a city full of civilians and innocent people that you killed.

lmao at all those ameritards ITT
so much meme material

Meant to quote the ameritard for my second line

More funding for mental health facilities
PSA's on the dangers of mental illness
More research on mental health

You guys would just shoot them.

Enemies aren't human lives. The whole Japanese population hated America at the time. They got the ultimate chill pill. We're doing the same thing against the nations who help perpetuate Islamic terrorism

Yes, let's equate culture with race like we are dumb fuck Murican racists

Lol this american is trolling and triggering the shit out of every sudaca here

>You guys would just shoot them
>Enemies aren't human lives.

JJJJAAAA