In the 80s in America, the youth was into rock music. Rock music dominated the radio and the youth culture...

In the 80s in America, the youth was into rock music. Rock music dominated the radio and the youth culture. Metal was played in movies, in the mainstream and everyone was having fun. Then something happened.

What happened?

>Pic related. An 80s movie.

This.

t.born in the 90s

What happened is everyone jumped on the metal lite bandwagon and you got all manner of super shitty bands like Winger and Mr Big and then along came GnR and made everyone else look embarrassing. After that, shit like funk metal popped up before record executives worked out they could capitalise on the 80's indie scene and started signing grunge bands.

teens are attracted to anything they feel is edgy or dangerous
now that dad's are liking shit like nirvana and edgy grunge music they feel like they need to go even edgier which is why sheltered suburban teens pretend they can relate to migos talking about killing people and selling coke and shit

Hip-hop captured most of that audience by 1991. If Lil Xan was born 30 years earlier he would've been in some shitty thrash band. The end

technology changed

Mainstream culture no longer caters to whites. But desu I'd rather if this was an opportunity for whites to listen to classical and folk again. I know that's not quite likely, but I'm not gonna ignore rock had plenty of degenerate shit.

what the fuck that was made in response to a post of mine why would you save that piece of garbage

>mainstream culture no longer caters to whites

With Trump I was thinking maybe it will. I don't know if classical will ever come back but I want rock and roll to come back. It was degenerate at times but its better than rap and people at least play instruments.

Also I never liked Chuck Berry he seemed like a wierdo to me.

Which post?

I'm just sad rock is dead.

in retrospective rock music will be seen as a derivative genre in which white straight males stole music from queers and people of colour and reduced it to something souless and commercialized while taking all the credit. We must not forget how much of a racist/homophobic era the 80s were.

Why would it? Trump is the literal embodiment of every negative black nouveau riche stereotype wrapped in the body of a fat orange.

idk some post i made about Nirvana sucking ass (i've made a lot of those) but this autistic fuck made so many replies to me defending the shitty buttrock band

Trump is fighting for America. He wants to keep its original identity alive. At the rate that the west is going its going to die completely. Trump may be rich but hes peanuts compared to the establishment that's trying to take him down.

rock musicians may have played 'real instruments' but everything else was fake and/or shamelessly stolen from marginalized folks. suburban white people are the most privileged people on earth. You have never faced any considerable hardship and you have nothing to say so you look back at the days when you could be congratulated for the simple fact of existing

>being this willfully blind
i can't imagine having someone's dick so far up your ass it's actually poking your eyes out

>shamelessly stolen from marginalized folks

Everyone was influenced by someone. Thats how civilization was able to get to where it is today. Learning from peoples mistakes and sharing ideas.

>white privilege

People work for what they get.

>trump is stalin meme
>not even giving an argument

You cannot disprove anything I said so far.

I can't imagine having 3rd world countries dick so far up your ass it's actually poking your eyes out

I wish Illusion GnR lasted for longer, it was very kino

Who the fuck keeps making these threads about rock's popularity? There's like three of them a day now.

The eighties are actually a pretty bad decade for music, although they are somewhat redeemed by being bookended by the last gasps of post-punk at the beginning and the second Summer of Love at the end.

>Who the fuck keeps making these threads about rock's popularity?
bitter white dudes, what else?

>Trump is fighting for America

N.W.A happened

Well to be fair have you listened to any rock music made now? It's all so self pitying. Every single album seems to be loaded with themes of suicide, self doubt, regret, being cheated by destiny and being abandoned by the world/ your fans. This is especially true of comeback albums from bands that were popular in the 00s and late 90s, but it's all over the industry. All rock seems to be able to do now is navel gaze at its past, feel helpless in the present and fearful for the future.

Although I'm not a leftist faggot I have to agree with this. He's good to shake things a bit, but he isn't the most cultured of men, at least publicly.
I think he represents a hope of whites no longer acting like zombies and standing up for what they care about. If kids weren't told in school they have to hate their parents because they're backwards whitey oppressors that might help a culture change. In the current state of things, kids are purposefully pulled away from their family, that way they become an easier to target consumer group. When the family isn't protecting the kids they'll be 100% baited into being the perfect consumer: braindead and obedient. That will probably include drugs and degeneracy, which will further bring them down. Even if only their self esteem is lowered it already makes them a better consumer.

I hate myself for being an atomized 56% suburban lab rat but I also hate the establishment and the left. It's like we are in a post apocalyptic wilderness with no culture of its own. There is no future and it seems like the past is being systematically erased.

White Kids were called “hoods” wearing jean jackets and listening to music that was almost being censored by the US govt.

>the left
How does the world you live in come more from the mind of Marx as opposed to Hayek and Rothbard?

Classical unironically fell because of kikes. First they shifted musical movements towards ear rape shit spearheaded by Schoenberg and the like. If you didn't like it you were called gramps or some shit like that(notice how their tactics remain the same to this day). Then they came with their relativistic bullshit, where it's snobbish to say you like classical instead of R&B or some shit like that. Then they started dividing popular music: if you like prog you're an arrogant snob. If you complain punk is just a bunch of edgy teens playing power chords you're a snob. Nevermind the punk bands were label puppets.
That's also why country has been targeted, it was an expression of white americans. It went from Hank Williams and Johnny Cash to these fags ""singing" pop with cowboy boots. Things became so fucked up that fucking Taylor Swift made they fume in the mouth because she made little girls sing songs about love instead of Nicki Minaj. I don't care her songs were really simple, at least it was a better influence then what was out there, it was a first step. But of course she dropped her comfy country, she does that embarrassing shit now. Video related annoyed certain people.

and none of those white kids ended up in jail, they got a college degree and a nice house in the suburbs, while PoC were being massively incarcerated. There's no romance to the white underground it was all fake and grounded on the privilege of white people

I always forget how out of touch with reality you people are until I come across one of you again. I guess it's hard to believe someone's mind marches to that tune

I like punk to be honest, some bands play simple power chords but some do a lot of good for the genre. I want to get into country and classical music though.

>poc were being massively incarcerated

They commit most of the crime

also I am not

Frank Zappa died

>while PoC were being massively incarcerated.
I don't care about "people" of color. Sorry, but that's how I feel.
> There's no romance to the white underground it was all fake and grounded on the privilege of white people
You white college kids are pathetic.

Are you a paranoid schizophrenic?

So he was mad at jocks liking rock music and decided to kill it?

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you're the muh white privilege guy. Get your head out of the sand and wake the fuck up for the world around you. If you don't willingly open your eyes you'll find yourself in an abrupt awakening sooner or later(or maybe just rot taking jabs at imaginary ghosts like hippies do to this day)

grunge happened. Grunge gave birth to post grunge and then everyone realized that most grunge was boring dull shit and ALL of post grunge was SHIT tier shit

as long as the world has been turning people have been paying homage to other cultures' music and using elements of it. It's not fucking wrong, it's great and it will keep happening as long as human kind is around.

No, I'm actually

Blacks

>In the 80s in America, the youth was into rock music.
No, it's a production focused R&B, like it is now.

I think people associated grunge with all rock

>playing good is bad
>caring about your music is bad

People make something fresh and new -> New thing gets noticed and supported by passionate like minded people on the ground level -> New thing gets noticed as a potentially exploitable market and is presented to the mainstream -> New thing gets popular to the mass market -> New thing becomes status quo -> Accepted thing exhausts its potential as its originating members run out of ideas/die from drug abuse/sell out and the scene fills with imitators -> Accepted thing is replaced with next new thing created by people unsatisfied with status quo

Rinse, repeat.