LOGAN Director James Mangold Explains Why We WON'T See Mister Sinister In The Movie

>"[T]hat’s not in this movie. Everything is kind of as real as we can make it," he added in regards to Sinister. "The movie is trying to kind of take a step backward from that kind of spectacle, so that we get another kind of gain, you know. There’s that loss, but the gain is that the movie feels extremely real and is — as one person who saw the film said to me, ‘I feel like I could go down the street and run into that Wolverine.’ Meaning that this is in my world, not some shiny other world. This is actually taking place in my world."

Other urls found in this thread:

funtrivia.com/askft/Question65113.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Marvel_Comics_characters:_R#Zander_Rice
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Grown men read comics where a guy with the last name Sinister is meant to be a credible, intimidating villain.

If he was a total joke, it would be acceptable, but no, he's serious. This is what happens when you let fanboys who read comics when they were still aimed at children start writing them once they're adults.

I wish he had had this mentality when he made the last one so that the Silver Samurai wouldn't have been a fucking giant robot and instead just been a guy in a silver samurai suit. The entire third act of that movie ruined an otherwise good film

I think you have autism. Pretty sure I've read horror stories where the entity has a sillier name. It doesn't make me have an autism fit like you.

I get why ppl hate "capeshit" but it makes me happy knowing you'll have live through it all.

JEEPERS CREEPERS, WHERE'D YOU FIND THOSE PEEPERS?

>[T]hat’s

>Everything is kind of as real as we can make it
Except in the trailer there's a little girl who can fly around and murder soldiers, and soldiers who are cyborg. Plus a Wolverine.

This, Wolverine started out pretty good and just went to shit in the final act.

>muh grimdark movieverse where fun isn't allowed

Why are comic book movies so afraid of being like comic books?

funtrivia.com/askft/Question65113.html

Women kicking ass on screen is important for feminism though.

>they put comics in a movie about comics

The Boys when.

>were trying to make it about as real as we can make it
>9 year old girl jumping around with metal claws taking down soldiers

And here's the real reason:
>We don't have money, Hugeman and Stewart man asked for a lot and we are almost without a peny, that's why you won't see cool stuff in this movie

Anyway, movie is going to suck

They always cut all the comic book shit except superpowers (and they even change/reduce those sometimes) from comic book movies

why bother

Watch the dozens of Marvelshit that has come out in past few years if you want. Personally I'm sick of weightless action scenes and sky-beams and I'd rather watch some grounded R-rated kino

Only if they don't bitch out
It has to be rated R

They could make him grimdark and serious if they wanted, he's not as cartoonish as Apocalypse. It's not hard to make a telepath white face realistic.

I think Cinemax is working on it

He doesn't even need to look 100% like that, Sinister is basically a smug asshole swirling his finger in his own colonel's secret recipe of spicy mutant soup and lamenting the lack of Summers spices and Grey Poupon.

>We're going to make a movie about a capecomic but we refuse about using the characters/powers/settings/etc that make it a capecomic because that's silly
Why? this is the most stupid and pretentious shit ever

Like videogame movies as well
"Doom totally can't have actual demons"

>mister sinister
>being this near the bottom of the barrel

Jackman took a pay cut to get the film to be rated R, you stupid retard

I don't understand why celebs talk so badly. Why did he say 'hats' instead of 'that's'?

Fuck "my world", I go to movies to ESCAPE MY WORLD, what a idiot

Captain America was totally a political thriller bro. Just turn your brain off.

But how is it beneficial to the story telling to remove a character from his world and all his side characters? I dont want Mr Sinister but this need for realism isn't very interesting to me.

I dont think anyone thinks of "wolverine" and imagines a real relatable person in a realistic world.

Lets face it it is because it is cheaper to make "real" movies than it is to make a balls to the wall comicverse

>what a idiot
and there are dozens of cape movies for you that give you an escape
this one guy wants to do something different
not every movie is for you user
some people don't have a shitty life like yours.

Except Nathaniel Essex is already confirmed to be the villain behind the hunter squads. He may not be called Mr. Sinister and he may not look like that, but he is in the movie.

Captain America WS actually used a fuck ton of Captain America lore as well as three total villains. But it was done well and worked.

>this one guy wants to do something different
Something wrong
fixd.

>Except Nathaniel Essex is already confirmed to be the villain behind the hunter squads.

You might be confused with this guy who is played by Richard e Grant, we even see him in the new trailer

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Marvel_Comics_characters:_R#Zander_Rice

>mindless explosions and quips are his idea of fun

>Everything is kind of as real as we can make it
>but the gain is that the movie feels extremely real
>This is actually taking place in my world

when are these fucking asshole directors going to stop being ashamed of the content they're using?
Someone get them to do a """real""" MLP movie so they can die of shame already

Why the fuck do you make a movie about cape comcisif you think cape comics is stupid? who the fuck hires a guy like this? this is shooting your own foot.