>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd
Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)
The Beginner's Guide to Jazz Guitar:
>jazzguitar.be/ebooks/The_Beginners_Guide_To_Jazz_Guitar.pdf
Blues Guitar Lessons:
>learnandmaster.com/resources/Spotlight_Blues_Guitar_LessonBook.pdf

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s17inoam7aaP
youtube.com/watch?v=ZBn7mmOll_I
youtube.com/watch?v=3dkW9_uZbeI
clyp.it/tfunsgw1
clyp.it/dszp1jnf
youtube.com/watch?v=BF0Gqkx6y_4
youtube.com/watch?v=QL1Aw9AKd8M
youtube.com/watch?v=jgJm_9XAzjs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the telecaster is the only real electric guitar, born at the junction of the form and function. all other guitars are frivolous frippery.

This is getting dumberer. That guitar does not belong in the picture.

>dat image
o i am laffin.
So, I just bought a Shigeharu but it says コロンビア on it. What's up with that? Do they think weebs don't play guitar so they can just put the name of their city on it instead of the pedal name like all their other pedals?

>That pic

Holy fuck this is actually getting hilarious.

I finally figured out how to upload shit. R8, H8, Masturb8

vocaroo.com/i/s17inoam7aaP

I know my singing is shitty but I'm working on it

the telecaster is femenine penis tier

I like this image formula a lot.

I'll finally put on some .12 strings tomorrow

Teles are good guitars for country pickers.
The girl in the picture is Mio Akiyama, and that bass is Mio's bass. Of course it belongs in the picture.

the telecaster is inherently masculine, because it is without deviation from it's purpose; the les paul comes close, but its strings aren't long enough and it's carved top is expensive and unnecessary and it's electronics are more complicated than they need to be. the telecaster is a slab of wood cut in the most normative, patriarchal guitar shape. the cutout exists solely so that you can reach the upper frets. the two single coil pickups, one sharp and one soft, provide the entirety of what is necessary to play music with the strings - a volume knob to control how hard you're hitting the amp, and a tone knob to manage the extreme brightness inherent with 25.5 or what i've taken to calling 'full length' scale guitars and quality tube amps - better to have more than you need and trim than to not enough enough and try to rely on extraneous crutches to boost. the headstock is arranged merely to hold the strings, and a gentle, simple curve, because anything less would be obnoxiously and unnecessarily contrarian. but no more than necessary.

it is the hammer of the honky tonk gods, and the pleroma from which electric guitars emenate - all other guitars are bad imitations, cargo cult designs.

>nerd talk
It would have to be a lot farther away from her to be that size.

underrated post

I would enjoy comparing the pickups to god's design of man and woman

Jimmy Page's advice to young guitarists was to use lighter strings. It's good advice. Easier to bend.

8 people contributing to thead and post was up 4 minutes before being labled as underrated. In other words: tl;dr

apt observation. the neck and bridge pickup of a telecaster embody the dual principle fundamental to human nature: the feminine pickup, and the masculine pickup. the neck has soft curves, a gentle, luxurious voluptuousness. the bridge pickup has balls, it can hit, it can control - it is a dominant tone.

you really could make the telecaster the basis of your philosophy of life.

I don't have one. This is what it looks like.

jimmy page wasn't exactly a great guitarist. good musician, good songwriter. not technically or mechanically talented.

>a tremolo bridge without String Saver saddles
This is like peas without carrots.

You need to listen to 1969-1972 live Jimmy Page, including bootlegs. He was fucking amazing until he got hooked on smack. You are wrong.

he wasn't bad but wasn't anything special.

gross

so the telecaster is futa ?

fuck off to /d/ then

If there are springs in the back of the guitar, muffle 'em.

So like put some cloth here? I also don't have a back panel unfortunately

Checked

stop with the degeneracy, you drooling subhuman. the telecaster is pure and transcendent, a striving towards god in the form of tuned wood and steel, and the 'sexes' it expresses are astrological, planetary genders, not fucking expressions of mammalian fluid exchanges.

you should be hosed down with lysol.

Stuff a piece of foam behind them

>cloth
Yup. Then test to see if the sound is gone by plugging in your guitar and strumming it.

pull back on everything. It's all good, just heavy handed/voiced. Pull the listener in rather than going to them.

Here's a band that plays pretty well in the pocket.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZBn7mmOll_I

He was extremely special for his time period until he got hooked on heroin.

he was part of something special, which wouldn't have been special without him. he was a good musician. as a guitarist, he was very average - the average virtuosity for electric guitarists has risen since then.

That sounds like the kinda chill music I like listening to on long rides. Pretty good stuff.

And you mean I'm kinda too over the top? Or it kinda sounds like I'm straining? Because I noticed that too. A lot of times I feel like I sound my best when I'm loud but it's harder to control my pitch. I guess practice makes perfect.

>the average virtuosity for electric guitarists has risen since then.
Like I said, he was extremely special for his time period. Try and find a download of Led Zeppelin @ Texas International Pop Festival in 1969. He was a virtuoso before the drugs took hold.

This dude (Ben Eunson) is one of my favorite guitar players at the moment. I really love his modern approach to jazz and fusion. Check out his solo here (starts at 1:55):

youtube.com/watch?v=3dkW9_uZbeI

He's got this neat wide intervalic style that's comparable to Holdsworth but imo a bit more tasteful given the context. Just thought I'd share.

maybe i will. the last thing i saw of him was looking up the 1969 heartbreaker solo that someone claimed was the 'origin of shred' and being really, really dissapointed.

I just cracked the classic bass sound of yesteryear.
clyp.it/tfunsgw1

Fuckin P bass, am I right?

I don't bend. I like them for the string tension and laid back high e.

Did he advice that just for bending or did he mention other benefits?

Bending is still possible outside of the blues and shredder realm if you're only after some slight dynamics

It's good for everything. It's easier to play in every way. I threw a set of 0.008s and it was awesome. It's almost like your brain can't keep up with how fast your hands are. They're also more durable than you'd think, since there's less tension. Go get some Extra Slinkys. Do it. You can even tune down. I heard Tony Iommi uses 0.008s in drop C.

groovy af

don't ask god for lighter strings, ask god for stronger fingers.

massier strings = lower noise floor and stronger signal and more consistent tone and less errant mechanical noise and lower setups and the six strings are more closely sized.

do farmers walks exercises. there aren't any muscles in your hands, the muscles are in your forearms.

,11's are lights, .12's are mediums, .13's are heavy. .10s, .9's and 8's are for the weak. go hang yourself with your wimpy strings oh wait you can;t they'd break.

I feel like I tried to put .13's on one of my guitars a decade ago and I literally busted my nut.

Wow. It must have sounded really nice if you did that.

>I don't bend.
It's pretty silly to limit your expressiveness like that, user.
It was probably a primarily bending thing. Jimmy used to do a lot of 1 1/2 and 2 step bends live.

>They're also more durable than you'd think
You will absolutely break less strings when you use lighter strings. I speak from experience.

>go hang yourself with your wimpy strings oh wait you can;t they'd break.
You are absolutely wrong. Lighter strings break less often. Period.

I'm not a guitarist, per se. I just like strumming chords on a guitar that goes with my capsule wardrobe, which varies in shades of grey. I can afford it so why not? If I changed my sexual orientation would you want to have sex with me? My name is Nancy, remember? So you would then have to be a chick, if I were to become a lesbian.

Not that faggot, but I'll have sex with you. If we can jam after... I'll bring my Steinberger because my other guitars are too heavy. I actually have one made of mahogany. It's very representative of my personality.

>mahogany
It depends on whether it's solid or chambered.

Chambered.

Faggot!

>Steinberger
>Mahogany
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Steinberger""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""''''''''"""""

guys, I took every string off my guitar except for the high e string, okay? It has one string on.

I wanted to focus on just learning that one string before adding the rest.

But then I read that not keep a guitar stringed can lead to the fretboard warping. Apparently it's "meant to have that constant tension." Is that true? Or is it safe to leave it strung with only one string?

Well, his guitar is lighter handed and the staccato cuts a lot cleaner. Then the dynamics are there when he wants to dig into leads. You might check the rest of their set for better examples of this.

The vocals are strong. You have talent and are trying to demonstrate as such. The disconnect is the song is about an admission of weakness by the singer. Your goal shouldn't be to impress the audience here but to make them equally as miserable and lost. I think when you do justice to a piece, people will seek your approval rather than the other way around.

Bass players: you can still slap with flats. Even the nylon ones. Especially the nylon ones. It would sound "slappier" if I had low action, but I just put the flats on and haven't set up my bass. The G string is a .065 for goodness' sake.
clyp.it/dszp1jnf

He doesn't always make sense when he's talking to himself.

high five for J5

Shoulda boughten a one string guitar!

Real Steinbergers aren't made out of wood. They're also rare and pricey. Hence, the exaggerated amount of quotation marks, as if I'm making very sarcastic air quotes. Do you need to be spoonfed like this all the time?

Chicken in the corn oh oh hey hey mama

Some are wood

How can I reasonably set up a looper that I can play with in real time without a midi pedalboard? The amp sim I use has one but I either have to press it with my mouse or bind it to a midi controller. Using my mouse is obviously not an answer but I can't figure out a way to do it with something easy, such as my spacebar.

The one in Ableton lets me bind it to a key but it lags and doesn't do it right.

I was agreeing with you. I thought your use of quotation marks was brilliant! I like being spoonfed, tho. I also like being fed peeled grapes as relax in a recliner whilst on the beach (but then I wake up). Anyway, is pic related wood or not? HELP ME (and bring back jcum because he's cool)!

Real Steinbergers are pre Gibshit.

Damn. There I go, always looking for confrontation. Why do you have to expose my flaws like this? I come to Sup Forums to escape the real world.

Pretty good but his tone is complete ass

They were using wood before Gibson

>flaws
You sir are flawless!

You mean the fucking prototypes? C'mon, bruh! Show production wood pre Gibby. I'm really interested.

Play on time you fat fuck

>his tone is complete ass
I'm so glad I grew out of that phase where I wanted to sound like this. Always as smooth as possible. Now, I like my stuff more dynamic and percussive. I could never play all that fancy legato stuff anyway.

bushy needs to fuck off

1986 "P Series", which were made of wood.

Gibson bought them in 87

youtube.com/watch?v=BF0Gqkx6y_4

>tone is complete ass

Yeah, I think he's kind of aware of that too: you can see him adjusting a knob on one of his pedals a couple times at the beginning of his solo before giving up and committing to the solo instead. There are better recordings of his playing with a Strat, the dynamics are there but they're subtle (although maybe not as subtle within some of the more traditional jazz playing he does). I just really like his phrasing; watching him got me to play some stretchier shapes in my leads which led to some really interesting ideas.

Hey guys, Rick Beato here. My son has perfect pitch.

More like Rick "Beat My Kid Until He Does His Daily Eight Hours Of Ear Training"

>tfw now playing 12 gaguers
eat shit fags!

composing, on piano, you can play a bunch of chords with left hand while right hand plays a bunch of notes in the same keys as the chords

but, on the guitar how does that work? its hard to visualize. can i record a chord progression and then record a riff over that? I can switch from, lets say C major pentatonic shape 1 scale, to C major pentatonic shape 2 right?

sorry, i'm stupid as fuck, but i'd love to start writing my own stuff

I want an american made jazzmaster with tone controls what do?

forgot pic

I donno, save up money and get one?

but there arn't any all of the jazzmasters with tone controls are mexican or jap

Telecaster master race reporting in.

Never liked the stock neck pickup though, needs something fat and gnarly like an old archtop pickup instead of the weedy polite stock pickup.

oh wait I misunderstood. you want american original. gives all the old controls but MIA and high quality

yeh exactly, no shop I've been to seems to sell them and my dads getting for me (long story) and he would refuse to buy a second hand guitar even if it was in good condition

they're for sale online. fender.com has them in stock right now, at least the white and the sunburst. green seems out of stock.

in aus?

>super inspired to write music when at work
>come home and tiredness kick in, all ideas I had in my mind evaporate

youtube.com/watch?v=QL1Aw9AKd8M

not sure about aus, might want to check the website to see where they ship. I'm sure there's somewhere you can get one online somewhere though either way.

>wageslave problems

youtube.com/watch?v=jgJm_9XAzjs
This is rad as fuck to be honest

How do I play like Guthrie?

Honestly if you cant mic up your acoustic for recording/playing live, you might as well use this instead of using any acoustic guitar pickup.They all sound shit.

Nice!
Jimi got started with a ukelele with one string that he found in the garbage. Take from that what you will.

How do I get better at combining rythm and lead into one? I don't have anyone to jam with. I want to start incorporating double stops/mini chords into my playing, because I'm kind of tired of playing cliche blues licks and going up and down the minor pentatonic. Any tips for making da blooz more interesting??

>working a job that tires you out

Not worth it lmao

Post retarded Craigslist ads.

>Guitar works and has great classic Fender sound.
>classic Fender sound

That's really solid advice that I'll try to incorporate. Thanks a lot man.

not everyone has a choice