Best picture discussion

Reminder: pic related won BEST PICTURE 2016
This absolute garbage, no original thought, rape movie won best picture.

Let's discuss other unworthy recipients such as Shakespeare in Love, Chicago, etc

The "academy" chose 'A beautiful mind' over 'Road to Perdition'.

Spotlight was great, 9/10, would have been 10/10 if they showed the rape.

3/10, would have been 10/10 if they show the would've priests strategy

It was a good movie though, but people will bitch about whatever won an oscar no matter what movie it is.

Pretty sure The Revenant won

Well what would consider better than that? It was shit but relatively less shit than The Revenant

is Liev Schriber a Jew?

Nope

Why there are no movies about jew pedophile rings?

I'm glad that it won just because it makes an interesting piece of trivia that the director who made The Cobbler (a movie so bad the studio tried to bury it) got a best picture oscar that same year

There is a documentary called An Open Secret you might wanna check out

It only talks about DEN which is more IT than Hollywood they don't even mention Woody Allen, Bryan Singer, Victor Salvo or Polanski.

It didn't even mention Michael Huffington, Bryan Singer and David Geffen (all gay) were major investors in that company.

Chicago was okay. Not Cabaret good, but entertaining.

What about Dan Schneider? Where can I find this?

It was great you retarded cape shitter.

Finally someone else who likes Chicago. While I don't think it's the best film of the year (Catch Me if You Can + Adaptation), I'm fine with it winning Best Picture

>less shit than the Revenant
You can't actually believe that. I dont sucj innaratus cock, but that movie was superior. Spotlight is so forgettable I remember very few things about the movie. It was the epitome of political Oscar-bait try hard.

Spotlight winning was complete and total horseshit. It was not a good film. Definitely not the 'best picture' of the year. Felt like a made-for-HBO movie. Literally any other of the nominees would've been a more deserving win.

Easily, hands-down, the WORST Best Picture win of all time.

At least Crash had some emotion behind it. Spotlight was just dull.

You have great taste. CMIYC and Adaptation are incredible. Both better than Chicago, neither up against Chicago though.

I agree completely, but Shakespeare in Love winning in '99 had to be the biggest academy awards robbery of all time.