BREAKING: Shazam! To Split Into Two Films: Dwayne Johnson To Star As ‘Black Adam’

> Part 1 and Part 2

>DCEU BABY!

>MARVEL BTFO THE ROCK IS HERE

deadline.com/2017/01/shazan-dwayne-johnson-black-adam-1201889902/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DiPocnEiS6Q
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Action-Comics-1938/Issue-830?id=26261
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not a nerdlinger. why should I watch my husbando in a comic book movie?

>we are supposed to assume this thread was not made by a shill or a mentally handicapped person or both

Yes. cant wait

A NEW MOVIE FOR A USELESS CHARACTER, WOAH, AND WE STILL DON'T HAVE A DIRECTOR FOR FLASH

BRAVO DC

2 shazam films? why? who the fuck is this guy?

He basically plays the Scorpion King but with more powers and less Scorpion, he started off as a firm but fair ruler but shit happened and he woke up in the present with everyone he knew and loved gone to dust and where once stood is now ruled over by despots so he does what only seems fair and curb stomps them into mulch and makes himself the new ruler.

Obviously most world leaders don't care for that but tough luck, come at him.

>Black Adam...
>useless character.

>2 shazam films? why? who the fuck is this guy?
What the movie to find out. People wonder why originality is dead.

Not surprised. For whatever reason people really like this guy outside of wrestling.

>Captain Marvel, also known as Shazam, is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by DC Comics.

>Fawcett ceased publishing Captain Marvel-related comics in 1953, partly because of a copyright infringement suit from DC Comics, alleging that Captain Marvel was a copy of Superman.In 1972, DC licensed the Marvel Family characters from Fawcett, and returned them to publication.

>In 50's captain Marvel outsold SUPERMAN! Thats how popular he was.

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

2 parts HAHAHAHAAHAH.

Black Adam
>Usless
>Not the coolest and sometimes even best written character in DC

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

but never as a villain, Black Adam is a bad guy right?

>In 50's captain Marvel outsold SUPERMAN! Thats how popular he was.
SHAZAM IS WHAT SUPERMAN SHOULDVE BEEN ALL ALONG FUCK ZACK SNYDER

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!

WE ARE IN CHARGE HERE!

WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB
youtube.com/watch?v=DiPocnEiS6Q

Please tell me that's a fan-made photo.

what the fuck is Shazam and why should i care?

WB still trying to attract people by using meme actors for normies

>Hairline

>wears a hood
I can tell he's going to be listening to wu tang clan in the trailer while he's fighting thugs

the right one is yes
or it's like 10 year old "concept art", but that was probably some other photo

>but never as a villain, Black Adam is a bad guy right?

He has been on both sides, initially he was this typical 2d scumbag antithesis to Captain Marvel til his origin was reworked to , he has thrown in with villains but only to secure those under his protection and generally when he gets screwed over by them doesn't take kindly to it, he may not like how some heroes operate but he does give them the respect they deserve if anything.

Literally who the character.

Kid gets godlike powers whenever he shouts SHAZAM until he says the word again. His archenemy is The Rock's character who basically has the same powers.
You really shouldnt care unless you like capeshit.

is that Peter Dinklage?

This. Black Adam is seriously one of the best DC villains, basically DC's Dr Doom (without the extreme cuck part)

I can't tell what direction I'm supposed to read this shit in.

Coulda been

left to right, didn't feel like waiting 5 minutes to post 5 pages

Jeffrey Dean Morgan would've been perfect.

>implying normies shit even dccucks will give a shit about shazaam let alone black adam
Kek dc truly sucks. Literal who? Heroes

He'll be Batman from Earth 3

He'll be the DCEU's Constantine.

>shills already this nervous

lol

There's more hype for this Captain Marvel than Mickey Mouse's Captain Marvel.

Are they doing a Danver's flick?

lets see if DC can pull off a Marvel and turn a c-list comic book hero like Shazam into a 650M movie

>but but but suicide squad...
that movie had Batman, The Joker, Harley Queen, Flash cameo and Will Smith

yes

no idea how it will fit anything

WB needs to learn how to walk first, before they can even try to run.

2.2 billions seem like a lot of walking, my man

>mfw all those characters had less than 8 minutes of combined screentime except HQ

But it's true they turned the B-lister Harley Quinn into a household name

Nerds people thought to be dead will flock to cinemas just to see Black Adam in THREE DEEE LIVEEE ACTION

He's the most "loved" non-hero in DC comics, after the joker.

Yeah and this has the ROCK who is even more dynamic and cooler than Will Smith at this point, plus he already knows how to play a likable antagonistic character from his time in the ring.

BvS alone should have made at least 1,5 billion, Man of Steel at least a billion, Suicide Squad close to a billion.

2.2 billion ONLY after THREE movies with THOSE characters is PATHETIC.

>>mfw all those characters had less than 8 minutes of combined screentime except HQ
yea but based on the trailer audiences though they would have more screen time

Damn, imagine crawling into that giant's orifices.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man you cucks are so detached from reality. In 2016 the MCU made less than 200M more than the DCEU (remember no China for SS so it's about the same) with an Avengers+Spiderman movie and the new Iron Man introduction.

So no man your delusions aren't arguments

But how can he play Black Adam and the Scorpion King if they take place in the same universe?

HAHAHAHAOOOOOH OH MY GOD he looks even stupider than superman

HYPE

Giganta's pretty cool

Magic.

TL;DR on Black Adam

>Slave in ancient egypt

>Got picked by wizard to become the people's champion

>Said magic word that blessed him with the power of the gods of Egypt

>Was a stand-up guy until wife and kids got murdered

>Killed the guy who did it, Wizard said that was a no-no.

>Tried to remove his powers, turns out the gods of Egypt with a-ok with capital punishment and kept powering up old Black Adam

>Wizard got pissed and banished him to another dimension

>Got freed in modern day

>Driven insane by the experience, did some time as a straight-up villain, then fucked off to Space for a while to chill and came back an anti-hero

>Staged a coup on his home country, became a loving king to his people

>Got married to a local woman, gave her and her brother superpowers and shit

>They got killed

>Went ax crazy and murdered an entire country, then got his powers taken away, but found them again

>Manage to revive his wife with dark magic, but she came back an evil zombie and tried to destroy the world, so he had to kill her all over again.

>Then went back to his country and chilled out until the universe got rebooted again.

He's a good friend.

solid write up

Civil War is the highest grossing movie of 2016 dumbass.

BvS is far behind in 6th place. Again, PATHETIC.

>an avengers movie with spiderman made less than AoU, an avengers movie without spiderman

No wonder you guys are so salty, I would be scared too

It's called CAPTAIN AMERICA:Civil War, the story was mostly about Cap so people weren't as interested if it was a pure Avengers flick, and not a Cap sequel that happened to include some Avengers.

Even so it is the highest grossing movie of 2016.

BvS is far behind, Deadpool made more money than Suicide Squad.

>A NEW MOVIE FOR A USELESS CHARACTER, WOAH, AND WE STILL DON'T HAVE A DIRECTOR FOR CAPTAIN MARVEL
>BRAVO MARVEL

>gods of Egypt
uh oh

The movie was advertised as an Avengers movie. Every trailer, every picture had the entire Avengers in it.

That's not true. If anything, it was advertised as a Captain America/Iron Man movie.

The other Avengers only appeared in one poster, Spider-Man was in no promotional material aside from the trailer, and "Captain America" is on the title.

Nope, they appeared in everything.

woah, this is extremely generic

Holy fuck the delusion.

I guess this applies to other movies right, like it was called Suicide Squad and the story was mostly about a group of literally whos.

>I guess this applies to other movies right, like it was called Suicide Squad and the story was mostly about a group of literally whos.

it was honestly Harley Quinn the movie, like everybody sucked her dick in that movie, Joker's entire plot was about him getting her back, Deadshot refuses to shoot her, everybody pretty much cheers when they see her escaping under the cover of an m60 laying down coverfire, never mind the fact she's actively ditching them.

oh and who took out Enchantress? Harley with Katana's sword.

it boggled my mind when Deadshot helps her off that car when they find her after Joker "dies"

He missed the part where almost every superhero had to fight him 1v50 just to subdue him.

It's his personality that makes it all.
He's basically a selfish relentless superman, that only cares about those that care about him .

what does Black Adam need to shout?

Are you guys buying the Rock as an action hero? I mean, I know the standards are Mariana Trench low, but still...

Everyone is because he's one of the highest grossing movie stars in the country.

He shouts Shazam as well, but the gods he derives his powers from are different to Captain Marvel's

Makes sense, HQ is a big deal among nerds but normies didn't know who she was. Since she's one of the most iconic comic characters ever, it makes sense to have a movie basically to build up and advertise the character.

And it worked pretty well, they have another cash cow in their movie roster now

Who tf is gonna play Billy Batson / Captain Marvel?

Hemsworth would have been a shoe in (Basically Superman with boyish naivete)

GRRRIIIIIFFIIIIIITH!

Indeed they didn't.

I'll say it again, Channing Tatum should drop that production hell Gamibt movie and be Shazam, people give him shit as a lunkhead but Foxcatcher showed he's got some chops AND the Jump Street movies showed he can be a big kid.

Apparently a nobody called Alan Ritchson.
Billy can just be any generic but attractive skinny kid.

Michael C Hall

Jaden Smith

>Michael C Hall
>5ft9
yeah he could play billy

it should be Channing Tatum but it will be his name is John Cena

ok so whats he do?

see and and

He does what superman does but better and in a more relateable way.

And he can shoot electricity.

>I never grew up on a midwestern farm in the mid 20th century
You sure missed out.

is he the same as captain marvel? is captain marvel his wussy nerd form like clark kent?

he sounds much more interesting than superman. superman is a boring character

Captain Marvel is a orphans kid who really nice and optimistic, or snarky and sarcastic but likable in the New 52 version.

He got his powers by a Wizard and that allows him to turn into Captain Marvel, an adult with super powers who looks like his dad.

Greek gods

No, Marvel has Greek gods/heroes (Solomon's not greek or a god), Adam has egyptian gods as seen here

Maybe I'm retarded but care to explain what is going on I'm having a very hard time understanding.

Dr Psycho, a particular strong telepath manipulated Superman and Adam into a fight, Adam ends the fight by appealing to Superman's nobility and sense of justice by leaving himself vulnerable, he also criticizes the Justice League on a whole due to actions which revealed that they had knowingly brainwashed villains to be less threatening and even brainwashed Batman who opposed the idea to forget.

Black Adam treats superman as naive kid.
Black Adam throws annoying girl off his shoulder.
Superman cares about annoying girl.
Girl is KOOOOO'ed
Superman gets pissed and attack Adam.
Black Adam with 5000 years of experience plus wisdom of gods.
Just turns his back on Superman LIKE A FUCKIMG BAD ASS.
Cause superman can't attack a man from behind.
Superman finally stops being a little bitch, but still makes an empty threat like the UN.
Adam flies away.
The End.

All you have to know is that 90% of DC characters are alt versions of Superman.
Wondering is female Superman, martian manhunter is alien Superman, Aquaman is water Superman, black Adam and Shazam are basically Superman as well, etc, etc.

Holy shit that's fucking bad. "LITTLE GIRL I WAS GONNA AVENGE YOU BUT THEN THE GUY TURNED HIS BACK AT ME" "NO I WONT FLY TO HIS FRONT"

MORE DC MOVIES FOR THEM TO FUCK UP

Thanks guys. Might check it out sounds like an interesting plot.

Girl didn't die.
Plus superman was mindfucked earlier.

You can read the two issue story here, starts in 830 and ends in 831

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Action-Comics-1938/Issue-830?id=26261

>Girl didn't die.
That's completely irrelevant

just like Superman not wanting to cause anymore damage in a pointless battle when his opponent has stopped fighting