pitchfork.com/news/70805-kanye-collaborator-elon-rutberg-la-la-land-is-fascist/
youtube.com/watch?v=Nbue2Pi2tNY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Di Di Dishonest Film.

pic related was

Hacksaw

Hidden Niggers.

Arrival

I liked Arrival, Hell or High Water, Hacksaw Ridge and the Handmaiden more than Lie Lie Land.

Moonlight
Arrival
La La Land
Hunt for the Wilderpeople
Hacksaw Ridge
Zootopia
The VVitch
Nocturnal Animals
Hardcore Henry for guilty pleasure

This was a good year for flicks desu, as long as you stayed away from anything with a pre-existing IP or brand attached to it. But then again you should do that every year bar a few exceptions, so that's nothing new.

I don't know, half of it isn't on Blu-ray yet and I don't go to the cinema.

Either Toni Erdmann or Moonlight.

1. The Forest
2. The 5th Wave
3. The Veil
4. The Other Side of the Door
5. The Edge of Seventeen

I haven't seen everything I want to yet, but so far High-Rise really stands out

>Zootopia

Furfag please

patricians know the nice guys was flick of the year

zoolander 2
the sequel to zoonlander that came out in 2016

The Handmaiden

Hacksaw Ridge or Miles Ahead

Just saw La la land... and holy shit, how can you fags be so blind?! this is one of the most blatant bland boring 2 hour filler shitfest I have ever seen, almost walked out, and I never do that.
There was no conflict whatsoever, the muh follow your dreams theme is fucking 5th grade tier, the love story was simple as fuck, music and dance numbers lack the impact or scope, and in the end what was the point of muh following of a dream?! that no one is truly happy and everything was better?

The dipping into nosalgia is fucking pukeworthy, hollywood literaly patting itself on the back for making the lackluster copy of "how we used to make a musical aka the pointless broadway musical number with no emotional impact on the silver screen" and congratulate itself on the achievement. Meanwhile, a shitton of tribute/nostalgia borrowing movies are being torn to shreds just for that.

On the good side, gosling has great passive comedic charisma and cinematography was pretty great.

But all dem awards? come the fuck on, shills

>There was no conflict whatsoever, the muh follow your dreams theme is fucking 5th grade tier,

Have you never watched a musical before?

>There was no conflict whatsoever

Yes, where were the aliens?

I have, and there is the whole fucking problem. How can a movie with lack of "meat" be highly regarded?! pure technical prowess? then give me some really impressive music numbers, grand in scope, with soul and talent. La la land lacks in all directions.

>There was no conflict whatsoever
You're a fucking moron.

Fuck off Bay.

Again, the drama was weak, comedy was standart, musical numbers were subpar.

I would say the fact all the musical numbers are done in one take with no cuts is impressive

How many films do anything in one take anymore? Plus Gosling legit played piano aswell

Cameraperson.

it was a beautiful shot and lit film.

Also my Pon Waifu was in it briefly
>yellow dress
TOP KEK M8

I'm pretty much all caught up with my 2016 viewing except for Hacksaw Ridge, Rogue One and Doctor Strange. Anyways, here's my top 3:

1. Hell or High Water
2. Arrival
3. The Witch

Fuck off, emmafags and waifuists

hacksaw ridge>manchester by the sea>wailing>>>witch>>moonligh>powergap> accountant>shit>faggot land

>How many films do anything in one take anymore?
That's literally the most common "look at me, I'm directing!!" gimmick. It can be used very effectively, but it's not impressive by itself. You can see a "technical marvel" like that in every film student's thesis project

Are you blind? There were numerous hidden cuts in the musical numbers; not in all of them and I think that the first one between the two heroes on the cliff was one shot but the rest was clearly edited.

>There were numerous hidden cuts

Keep telling yourself that

what movie is pic related Sup Forums and why is it the best musical?

Literally anything but La La Land

And Arrival that was completely hamfisted.

I think this what's the best question is bullshit anyways all films all different and when you give a trophy you get shit lile argo and birdman and the revenant and the artist and whatever the fuck this year winning. Fucking chicago fucking crasg

>the musical numbers are done in one take with no cuts

Keep telling yourself that

That Kool-Aid must be delicious

This year was so poor that I don't think it's morally justified to pretend we had a best film. Seriously.

When your top Oscar predicitions are slightly-better-than-mediocre fare like Moonlight and La La Land you know there are problems.

Allied and its not even close

Not one of those films you listed is better than a 7/10 if you're being generous.

This might the worst year for films that I can remember, although 2000-2006 was also pretty dry.

This. It's especially boring when they draw attention to it.

>This might the worst year for films that I can remember

le cynical i eat shit so everything is shit meme

The Handmaiden. I still haven't seen Hacksaw Ridge or Silence though.

the vvitch

It was good, but not the best.

There is a huge difference between being a good movie and being an "Oscar prediction". Everybody knows La La Land and Moonlight are bait, that doesn't mean there were no good films this year. If you gauge your taste by what the Oscars are jerking over, then you will always be disappointed.

In 1998 we had
>Big Lebowski
>Lock, Stock and Two Smokign Barrels
>Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
>Buffalo '66
>Rushmore
>Rounders
none of these movies were nominated, and Shakespeare in Love won. Basically, the Academy Awards have always been shit.

Top 5 Flicks:
>The Nice Guys
>Deadpool
>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
>Hardcore Henry
>Don't Breathe

Top 5 Movies:
>Sing Street
>Arrival
>Swiss Army Man
>A Monster Calls
>Hacksaw Ridge

Top 5 Films:
>Everybody Wants Some!!
>Moonlight
>Manchester by the Sea
>The Handmaiden
>Indignation

Top 5 Cinema:
>Silence
>OJ: Made in America
>The Wailing
>The Witch
>Tower

Top 5 Kino:
>Cosmos
>Kaili Blues
>No Home Movie
>My Golden Days
>Right Now, Wrong Then

So I guess to answer your questions, Everybody Wants Some!! is the best film of 2016, but not necessarily the best motion picture that was shown in theatres.

You just outed yourself as a turbo-pleb. The best film of 1998 was The Thin Red Line.

Fuck off furrie

This is unironically better than most films this year

No wonder that film made 0% profit.

Why is everyone say the vvitch. To everyone saying the vvitch that was 2015 and it was only decent.

Have you actually even seen most films for 2016 or did you just spend most of it samefagging for emmer watson?

Or it's just a weak year for movies?

It actually made 2.5. Million in germany and italy where it had money to be distributed. It was a berlin film festival entry.

Meanwhile, there were no great movies this year.

Bring up 1999, 2007 or 2013.

The look at this year. The best we got was some solid, above average flicks. No kino.

Still haven't seen Silence though.

>This is the story of a lifetime

Actually kind of clever there

>durr all musicals are happy go lucky hurr durr

it seems you believed the memes wikipedia says otherwise

These dudes have it right

Thin Red Line was nominated, you dipshit.

None of those movies are good and are on the same garbage level as Shakespeare in Love.

>high or high water
DUDE MODERN WESTERN REMAKE LMAO

Nocturnal Animals was the best film I´ve seen in years.

You are medically a retard, right?

Reddit pls

>"Argue with me! I'm lonely."

my top 2016 films so far

1. Batman v Superman Dawn of justice Director's Cut ™
2. Hacksaw Ridge
3. Zootopia
4. Neon Demon
5. Swiss Army Man
6. Train to Busan
7 .Doctor Strange

This isn't argument. You are a pleb and your picks show that you're a huge pleb. And no I will not give you titles from 98 that are better as your picks show your eyes are not ready for them.

Doctor Strange was too deep for most people.

HAHAHAHAHAHB HANDMAIDEN IS COMEPLETE SHIT. Like anything coming out of Korea it's over fucking rated.
Guide to write an chink/gook film:
>hot girl
>degenerate gratuitous sex scenes
>convoluted plot with "twists"
>terminal cancer and spontaneous medcal issues
>dark edgy tone. Dark edgy characters.
>muh family
>kung fu
>gay ass crime drama
All they do is copy Hollyjew. The East Asian Jews only copy the worst aspects Hollyjew already stole from older classics and add their shit melodrama, some kung fu, and insatiable lasciviousness for violence and sex that all fuse into what souless, mindless double dishonest filmmaking they call "Asian Cinema."

Neon Demon
The Nice Guys
Hell or High Water
Hail Caesar (I think that one was 2016)
Weiner

Best films I saw last year at least. Idk lol

Beautiful poster and film.

Why do you like Nocturnal Animals?

Commit to suicide

Haven't seen Weiner but the rest are trash

reminder the dishonest filmmaking meme came from redditors angry about la la land sweeping everything.

Green Room
Bone Tomahawk

>This was a good year for flicks desu
no it wasn't

absolute kinography list my friend

faggot. differentiating between "flicks" and "kino" was a 2016 and slightly earlier meme. It's cringey as fuck and makes you look like a retard.

Stop it. Goddamnit. Fucking stop it.

plebe

it actually came from some jew tweeting about how a movie about white people falling in love and playing jazz music is literally hitler

pitchfork.com/news/70805-kanye-collaborator-elon-rutberg-la-la-land-is-fascist/

good list or possibly best list

Reminder that Damien Chazzelle has been suspected to come into these threads to suck his own cock.

Batman V Superman
Neon Demon
La La Land
Hacksaw Ridge
Dont Breathe
The Witch
Arrival
Swiss Army Man
The Nice Guys
Huntsman Winters War

Dishonest Filmmaking: (Damien Chazzelle, Tarantino, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Wes Anderson, Christopher Nolan, Alex Garland, Paul Thomas Anderson, Nicholas Refn, Tom Hooper, Tyler Perry, Rian Johnson, Alfonso Cuaron, Noah Baumbach, Andrea Arnold, David Yates, Denis Vilenueve, James Franco, Steve McQueen) are intellectually bankrupt moral whores and charlatans; their films appeal to the modern phenomenon of the 'Pretend Epic' or Pseudo Cinema, often tied to the criticism that "It was a movie that thought it was a film" they have no ideas of their own and are filmed purely to have fancy essays made about them. They obfuscate their lack of insight under a smug impenetrable irony and often contain scenes with disingenuous attempts at depth with characters spouting platitudes that the director takes VERY seriously.
This directly panders to the IMDb reddit sensibility of quote circlejerking since these hacks are masters of the fools wit, "Quipping" (Not to be confused with the marvel co-opting of the word) , it sounds smart, cool and worldly but in reality there's nothing of substance, the Revenant's attempt at spiritualism was cheap and laughable and whilst someone like Malick has considered his philosophy, Inaurritu wears his introspection on his sleeve to give his film a false sense of depth with pathetic sermonising.

THIS is Dishonest Filmmaking.

They leech the greater works that preceded them; like The Enemy being a rip off Eraserhead, but they have nothing else to say.
They act under the guise of deconstruction with surface layer obvious 'social commentary' and a quirky forgettable score praised as 'innovative'. They are all inauthentic sycophants that rely on oscar buzz and post 9/11 detachment for relevance.

These directors are hacks and will be forgotten to time.

Some notably earnest filmmakers include, but are not limited to:
>Mike Leigh
>The Coen Brothers
>Werner Herzog
>James Cameron
>Mel Gibson
>Terrence Malick
>Yeezy
>Gaspar Noe
>Clint Eastwood

La La Land was actually Kino though

Its going to issue in the new era of musicals

theres the dishonest pasta again

>people liked arrival

wtf, I was drunk as fuck watching it and even I couldn't turn my brain off enough to keep myself from cringing at the plot holes and cliches.

nothing in 2016 was really amazing or sets apart and i haven't watched hacksaw ridge yet but the movie I appreciated the most and personally liked the most was captain fantastic. neon demon was okay I just don't like horror and gore in general though, even mild macabre is just gross I don't care for it, the cinematography and pacing is really outstanding though, never want to watch it again though. and swiss army man was highest kino; a truly deep social parable with an amazingly balanced comedic and somber tone.

again though none of it was all that amazing to me though, I'm guessing dunkirk was trash? idk and i haven't seen silence, hacksaw or nocturnal animals yet so we'll see how those stand up.

Not many mentions of this film around here. Is it because the screeners haven't arrived yet for the plebs to watch?

no it's just not that good

Embrace of the Serpent

It's not even a contest.

triple 9 or the lobster

>triple 9
man i forgot about that movie

youtube.com/watch?v=Nbue2Pi2tNY
not even fucking close.
The Witch, Neon Demon, Hacksaw, Finding Dory, Deadpool, Dr. Strange. Civil War, Shin Gojira, Hell or High Water, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Jungle Book, Handmaiden, Rogue One, Nice Guys, Don't Breathe, Hail Caesar!, and the Lobster were all better than La La Land

Yeah that's literally the reason.

I want to see it, but it's playing an hour away and I honestly don't want to drive to the theater just to make myself miserable. Films like this should release on VOD/streaming at the same time they go to theaters, I'd pay for it if I could watch it at home

2016 was a pretty damn good year for film.

Bland selection overall but there were definitely some good ones. At least in 2015 we got films like Ex Machina, Sicario, The Revenant, Room, Fury Road, Beasts of No Nation, It Follows, etc.
There are still a few that I have yet to see (Moonlight, Nocturnal Animals, The Lobster[though I think that's 2015]) but here is my list for the best of 2016:
Arrival
Neon Demon
Hell or High Water
Hacksaw Ridge
Zootopia
VVitch
Manchester by the Sea