AOTY

AOTY

This album art is bad.

you're wrong

the fuck kinda crack you on, that cover is beautiful

I appreciate the positivity. it feels like everything right now is depressing or melancholic just because, I want 2010-era uplifting music to make a comeback.

It's the type of art that a high school art student would consider good, because it's loaded with visual cliches that - while striking - represent a vapid lack of creativity, as well as a combination of elements that don't fit together in any way; it doesn't even work as surreal, disparate expressionism. It's a cloying, hypersaturated, amateurish fantasy painting, that features mystical creatures, overgrown vegetation, a stark contrast with familiar-looking suburban homes, and a planet that is visible in the distance. It's the sort of shit I would see a Dune fan make on their way towards uni, when they don't understand basic things like world-building, credible locations, how to incorporate surreal elements, or how to prevent the colour palate from becoming so overbearing that it detracts from the central figure in the painting. And Andrew is the central figure in this painting. But he's the least important thing going on in it because everything else is distracting and overdone, without even a hint of subtlety or originality to any of it. It's a 3/10 painting at best, technical talent wasted on lack of vision or any temperament.

no shit, dude. The whole point was to mimic old-school 80's might-and-magic fantasy comics.

im so confused by this album

get a tripcode so I can filter you please

just embrace it

embrace what though

its a boris vallejo painting u dumb cuck

>it's okay to be uninventive, boring, and cloying if you're ALSO completely derivative too
Oh, so this artwork is basically the Ready Player One of album art?

I bet you're awesome at parties

Ween wrote a tribute song to this hack? Jesus Christ.

it's not derivative, you absolute dumbass. Andrew scouted out the person who was responsible for the drawings he liked when he was a kid, and asked him to do a cover in a similar style.

So it's just your typical "I'll do the same thing I've done my whole career because I have no range" type of hackery? That's slightly better, I guess.

wait really?

that's cool as fuck

it's the same thing because Andrew asked him to do the same thing. How can you be so dense

wow I'm an idiot I completely missed the signature near the bottom

damn that's cool tho

So it's Andrew's fault that the art looks really bad?

I suppose it is Andrew's fault that he likes a style some people don't, I'll give you that.

I mean really, if you think about it, it's your fault that the album art looks bad because you're the one perceiving it that way

checkmate

>I suppose it is Andrew's fault that he likes a style some people don't, I'll give you that.
This is a very polite way of saying that he has bad taste and lives in the past.

>it's your fault you don't like generic shit
Fine. I'll enjoy more interesting modes of expression in the meantime.

It was a polite way of saying "fuck you, not everyone shares your opinion".

Which sounds like a cop-out for being incapable of defending your own hackneyed opinion.

you're wrong, I'm right.

I'm the intellect here! begone idiot!

I'll say it again then. Andrew liked the art of Boris Vallejo in his youth, which coincidentally was around the same time he got into noise and metal. Now, I don't think I need to tell you about the connection between metal music and horror/fantasy literature, paintings and other art so it shouldn't be a surprise W.K. took to Valejo's work. Later he shifted towards more conventional pop music, but it's easy to his noise/metal roots in a lot of his songs. I don't know why you consider drawing influences from these roots the same thing as being stuck in the past, but I can assure you there's a difference. You're Not Alone's cover is just another way of paying tribute to the man he once was while simultaneously keeping up the appearance of the Party Hard/Motivational Speaker Dude. I don't disagree with you on some (but not all) of the points you've made so far, but I don't think this is a bad cover art. It's memorable, it has some relevance to the artist and his history. There's not much else you can ask from an album cover.

I guess I'd be justified in putting real photos of beheaded people onto my album because I went through a morbid phase where I meticulously watched footage of people being executed at around the same time I started recording/writing music for the first time.

Oh, wait, no I wouldn't. That's fucking retarded.

Album art is just a way of telling people what they can expect from an album before they get to listen to it. A beheaded person may tell on the cover may tell a lot about the album. A beheaded person accompanied with the artist's name may have a completely different message depending on the artist's previous work, his image, stuff like that. Pic related is pretty close to what you're talking about, by the way.

So I'm to expect Andrew's album to sound old, tedious, overly sentimental, lacking in originality, derivative, and devoid of artistic depth? If the art summarises the material accurately in this way, then it's a perfect choice on Andrew's part.

dude it's fucking andrew wk

how long until you gaylords start making out

I know, I'm purposely being an insufferable, argumentative cunt to get a rise out of people because I can't sleep.

G'night fuckboys.

As both of us stated before, people are entitled to their opinions. I just wanted to say fuck you elaborately.

I like the album, but imagine putting it on at an actual party.

And here I was thinking that there would be more than a couple posts in this thread actually discussing the music.
I really like it, been a fan of Andrews for a while and this album really delivered.

the production is horrible. unlistenable on headphones

Why the FUCK are you autists arguing about a goddamn album art?we have album covers of..
>Someone's dick with the album title on it
>Just a photo of a guy looking at you
>Cropped old drawing
And you're gonna argue about this?

Um no sweetie THIS is the type of album art a high school student would consider good