Rember when Sup Forums couldn't stop talking about this album? People were declaring it the pinnacle of rock music...

Rember when Sup Forums couldn't stop talking about this album? People were declaring it the pinnacle of rock music. Now it almost never gets talked about here.

What happened Sup Forums?

this board is filled with children and racists now

this

I always meant to listen to this, started listening to first song the other day but I don't know what happened, must have gotten distracted.

This is definitely true. This place has deteriorated. No doubt about that.

It's pretty good but the constant screaming from the lead vocalist begins to get grating.

Sup Forums has always been filled with children and racists. i do remember Sup Forums being a little better and a little funnier in 2012-2013 though.

mix of the honeymoon phase being over, contrarianism, and entry level plebs failing to get into an entry level album and complaining nonstop
the usual

well you can't keep yapping about the same alb- oh wait

Literally the first time I've posted a Sunbather thread in my entire life. No joke.

based quads,

yeah but most anons wouldn't subject whole races to stereotypes or base one's character off a statistic they read off an image reply on Sup Forums

Pretty much this.

Sunbather is pretty boring though.

so it's cool to still yap about shit from the early 90s but we're jaded with this already?
what a retarded point

Remember when you try soymilk first time

Only the dankest forced memes catch on. This was a fucking week forced meme of an album, thus it was quickly forgotten. Good fucking riddance Soybather millennial whackmetal

the hype is gone, it's a good thing.

sunbather ain't bad, but there are a lot of more potent albums with this kind of aesthetics. pic rel.

>calls album soy
>replies with soy image

>Sunbather is pretty boring though
not having a go at you but i honestly don't get that, aside from vertigo anyway. i quite enjoy monotony and minimalism but i don't even feel like this album comes under that umbrella. the riffs are tight, drums are excellent, there's quite a lot going on with melody, and the tracks progress in a linear way without ABAB repetition.

If you think about this album it really was unwittingly the perfect storm

It's a great album that got praised as the second coming of christ by Sup Forums teenagers who got swept up in the hype and the pitchfork review. It had shoegaze/post-tock aesthetics that made it easy for Sup Forums kids to get into, and the black metal elements gave it an avant edge that appealed perfectly to their "look how obscure I am" sensibilities. The backlash that always follows such a hyping was particularly shit-showish because of the autistic black metal community gatekeeping.

which group are you in then

I think it's a good to great album. The interludes are disposable but the four main tracks are well composed in my opinion. I don't subscribe to the rampant fanboyism and I don't subscribe to the idea that it ruined black metal. I just think it's good and try to ignore/be above the whole shitshow around it while enjoying the actual music.

new bermuda is better

It didn't "ruin" black metal. It has nothing to even do with black metal. The fact that it has been constantly compared to black metal by tourists and surface dwellers since it's release is why elitists have shit on it, and rightly so.

>black metal gatekeeping
>using fuckin anime pics

dude please pick one

>Rember when Sup Forums couldn't stop talking about this album? People were declaring it the pinnacle of rock music.
Yes, there was indeed a period in time where peope were THAT clueless about music.

>Now it almost never gets talked about here. What happened Sup Forums?
People grew up I guess. It's a good thing.

Don't let anyone say you're "too kvlt to accept change" if you don't like this. Nothing fogeyish about denying your usual metal/post-rock crossover epics + post-grunge undertones, with overblown experimental interludes in between.

the sad truth

Well in theory they should therefore love Richard Spencer making babby's first black metal then

I'm kind of dismayed that I just spent two posts trying to display the ridiculousness of the attitudes that created the retarded shitshow around this album, and you just disregarded all of that to retort with the exact same behaviour I was attempting to dissuade.

Also
>It has nothing to even do with black metal.
Factually incorrect. The tremolo pickings, high pitched screams, and blast beats are directly plucked from black metal music. You could argue they came from scramz based on the lyrical content, but I'd argue that the album exists comfortably within the already-established atmospheric black metal lineage, while there is no such post-rock influenced wave of scramz. Yes, it is not pure black metal, but to say it doesn't take sonic elements/aesthetic cues from black metal is blind.

>I just think it's good and try to ignore/be above the whole shitshow around it while enjoying the actual music.
yeah absolutely.

i'm in the party of black metal fans who don't think it's even really black metal. but for me that's not a bad thing, i'm not an elitist and bm isn't even my favorite genre. i think sunbather is predominantly post-rock, with some metal parts and some emo parts. i don't really care about genre but for that reason i think the "hipster black metal" and "blackgaze" labels are fucking dumb.
it's very well composed. even the parts i dislike i can still appreciate for how meticulously arranged they are. i quite like the interludes too. the speech samples didn't do much for me but irresistible was a nice addition/transition and i love the actual piece on please remember.

Unless it's DG or AnCo level popular, people would rather talk about new albums than old ones.

funny, the lda face and the new bermuda face look like they could be different depictions of the same character

>complains about Japanese images on a Japanese image board
Not only are you a false incapable of entry to black metal, you're also a nufag.
Trying to dissuade elitism in black metal is pointless and only shows that you don't belong. I don't care what you think it "sounds like". It's simply not what you're claiming it to be. Newage music for newage people. It's as simple as that, and no matter how it's been shrinkwrapped, these black-metal-for-hire "music" groups will always be recognized for the shams that they are by the true initiates.

yeah i miss the good ol days when mu was 75% offtopic tripfaggotry

because it''s >LE SOYBOY!!!!!!!!!!
Dream house is unironically the best black metal song
The interludes are also pretty good, especially please remember, not a huge fan of the rest though. It's worth listening to

Because it's a bland album popularised by its meme cover. Explosions in the Sky with blastbeats.

t. Soyboys

Time washes away the shit.

I used to think the whole "old Sup Forums was better meme" was just nostalgia clouding your objective view of the past but the more I think about it the more it becomes more apparent that Sup Forums actually does gradually get worse over time.

Just listened to it.

I liked it, but I was dissapointed nevertheless. The hype about it had my expectations too high.

unironically this, pol and underagefags get out

its a 8/10 but gets boring after relistens. too predictable

why are late 2016 anons so insufferable?

Limp

8/10's get better the more you listen. That's part of why they are 810's. Get your scoring system straight.

Any album can get better the more you listen to it. In fact, after taking a break from listening to an album, especially a shit one, and coming back to it, you might reconsider and reevaluate your opinion of it. A 3-4/10 album could be a 7 a few years after hearing it. A 9/10 album could in reality be a 5 or 6. It's all about time and circumstances that shape your perspectives.

deaheaven is just alcest with training wheels

Its just okay. The main reason it was so popular was the controversy surrounding the band. I like a few songs this album, but really, it was nothing new.
Overall, a severely overrated album and definitely a magnet for faggy metal tourists, but not a bad album.

Deafheaven is closer to lantlos desu. Alcest has more in common with dream pop and neofolk

Dream House isn't even black metal, you goddamn nigger. Fuck you for not knowing any black metal.

it still is the pinnacle of rock

People still post about it. Not as much as kanye or Radiohead, because there are a bunch newfags on here.