What would a medieval fantasy setting based on your country's history and mythology be like?

What would a medieval fantasy setting based on your country's history and mythology be like?
>Not invited to this discussion: Britain

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WMOji5d7cVw
youtube.com/watch?v=4VZZQwuFBKU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popol_Vuh
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Would Americans go by indian redskin mythology? I've yet to hear of "American mythology"

Like the sagas, i guess

forcefully my country would
pic only tangentially related

W-why not?

We just double up on England's really.
Yours is *the* fantasy setting.

like animu

werewolf knights, domestic elves, giants, dragons, saint warriors... etc

Mormonism, urban legend stuff like haunted houses, KKK being ghosts of Confederate soldiers, serial killers, the literary punk genres, and magical cowboy/injun adventures.

retardedly stand out battlemage heroes, over the top wuxia bullshit, demi-god talking beast summons, OP mystical items weaponry.
no kidding, had plenty of this and the all revolved around which battlemages have the best spell and magical artifacts, literally no other substances

conspiracies and aliens

matter of france, muh templars

Mordor

voodoo n shiet

>tfw only have scary stuff

Probably fairly close to LotR, which took impressions from Kalevala.

I think nusantara would be an interesting setting for a lord of the ring fantasy setting due to its island culture and interactions with chinese and indian empires

>Searching for the Baton of Command, buried somewhere in the mountains
>Dark spirits summoning Will-o'-the-wisp all over the land
>Gaucho's fighting with Bolas and Knifes, because gunpowder is innefective against magical entities
>Pomberitos, which are little black gnomes that serves as the spirits of the lands, lives in the woods and are known to mess up with the minds of those who annoy them in any way
>Ancient shamans invoking dead incan gods
>Giant ayy lmaos inhabiting the southlands

hmmm, that wouldn't be so bad of a story after all

>yfw an argentine saved the Middle Earth from the evil

youtube.com/watch?v=WMOji5d7cVw

I have to agree with this

Pic related.

Like Hobbiton really :3

I dunno what it'd be like but I remember an image from my highschool history textbooks of a dude in plate armour with a musket shooting an Indian chief from on a boat or something that really stuck with me.

1001 nights

Something like a mix Rata Blanca songs and gauchos?

youtube.com/watch?v=4VZZQwuFBKU

Lotr desu. The amount Tolkien took indirect influences from Kalevala and Finnish mythology is so astounding it's just funny.

The sons Húrin is literally just a rebrand of the Story of Kullervo from kalevala.

That'd be pretty cool

>yfw tolkien literally ripped the silmarillion scene with the guy, after getting revenge for the death of his family and slaying the entire tribe of his enemy, talks to his sword and asks the sword if the sword wants to taste the blood of this man/killer as well and the sword replies enthusiastically "yes, gladly!" straight from kalevala
>he was probably going to change or remove it but then he died
silmarillion was never meant to be published as is

i want real suomi rendition, not gay tolkified bullshit

I don't know, we don't have mythology

dat song of roland tho

You have Roland.

The Bible

I guess

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popol_Vuh

Medieval nations settling a giant unknown continent foghting wendigos and shit? Could be fun

It would be amazing